• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets extend Mark Sanchez for three more years

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the money being thrown around for QB's I would not be surprised if Smith could get a 10-12m a year deal from someone at around 3-5 years. After Manning and Flynn sign Smith will be the best QB on the market unless some unexpected cuts happen.

That maybe what his agent is wanting him to do, sit and wait for those 2 to sign. He will know if the 49ers are going after Manning and knows the odds of the 49ers going after Flynn is low. They also will not spend a high draft pick on a QB with Kaep being taking last year. So Smith's agent will play probably play his cards and wait it out until the 49ers have to up their offer.

Even if Smith gets a better offer though I see him staying with the 49ers. They will just use the better offer to leverage a better deal out of the 9ers. Smith wants to stay here and will stay here as he has already proven several times.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the money being thrown around for QB's I would not be surprised if Smith could get a 10-12m a year deal from someone at around 3-5 years. After Manning and Flynn sign Smith will be the best QB on the market unless some unexpected cuts happen.

That maybe what his agent is wanting him to do, sit and wait for those 2 to sign. He will know if the 49ers are going after Manning and knows the odds of the 49ers going after Flynn is low. They also will not spend a high draft pick on a QB with Kaep being taking last year. So Smith's agent will play probably play his cards and wait it out until the 49ers have to up their offer.

Even if Smith gets a better offer though I see him staying with the 49ers. They will just use the better offer to leverage a better deal out of the 9ers. Smith wants to stay here and will stay here as he has already proven several times.

Maybe. Orton and Campbell can give Alex a push. Maybe Matt Moore too if he's released. And then you'll still have Ryan Tannehill looming in the draft that a team could be targeting.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

you wouldn't sign Alex at $10-12M over 5 years unless you really believe he fits your system? you might tweak your system a LITTLE bit, but you wouldn't change it for him.

Alex appears to fit the 49ers system - Coaches/players - to a 'T', what other team(s) have a similar system? what other team has a similar offensive scheme as us?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you wouldn't sign Alex at $10-12M over 5 years unless you really believe he fits your system? you might tweak your system a LITTLE bit, but you wouldn't change it for him.

Alex appears to fit the 49ers system - Coaches/players - to a 'T', what other team(s) have a similar system? what other team has a similar offensive scheme as us?

You think Campbell or Orton are any better? I'm not sold Flynn is any better either, but I expect the Dolphins to get him so he will be in the same system anyway. Thing about Flynn though is teams are always more willing to pay for the unknown factor than they are the known.

Teams have proven they will do anything to land a starting QB if they don't have one. Think of how many QB's in the last few years have been over paid and reached for in drafts.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You think Campbell or Orton are any better? I'm not sold Flynn is any better either, but I expect the Dolphins to get him so he will be in the same system anyway. Thing about Flynn though is teams are always more willing to pay for the unknown factor than they are the known.

Teams have proven they will do anything to land a starting QB if they don't have one. Think of how many QB's in the last few years have been over paid and reached for in drafts.

but i think its a little different case in Alex Smith, he had no success in his previous six seasons. some may point to 2006 with Turner, but even then a little at best? he now has one year of success but on a team that depended on defense and ST's.

if you sign him now, you're projecting he'll do WELL for you NEXT five years. don't think a GM "will do anything to.......", you still have to find one that fits best.