• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeter fans have no credibility

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without spending much time looking at rosters, I doubt very seriously he was ever the best player on his team. He was consistently better than mediocre.

Sure he was...he was easily the best player on the '99 WS team, and probably the best on the '98 WS team as well.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this guy is a lunatic. "Jeter should be on a Mount Rushmore of sports greatness" ? Then he writes a paragraph how he doesn't think the presumed steroid users should be kept out of the Hall, while leaving off a bunch of players from that era that he voted for on the previous ballot.

It's like he's saying Jeter was so great that he didn't want to ruin his induction with those other guys getting in the same year.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every one of these clowns who cast a Jeter-only ballot should have their HOF voting privileges revoked and given to someone who is not a self-important jackass.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every one of these clowns who cast a Jeter-only ballot should have their HOF voting privileges revoked and given to someone who is not a self-important jackass.

I would respond in kind if I had a vote by not voting for Jeter (knowing full well that he will get in) and voting only for steroid guys. Tweet my ballot and tell them to fuck themselves. I would and should lose my vote at that point, but they should too.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would respond in kind if I had a vote by not voting for Jeter (knowing full well that he will get in) and voting only for steroid guys. Tweet my ballot and tell them to fuck themselves. I would and should lose my vote at that point, but they should too.

I'd also retract the vote from all these idiots who say "he's a Hall of Famer just not a first ballot Hall of Famer so I will vote for him next year."

Self-important jackasses.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also retract the vote from all these idiots who say "he's a Hall of Famer just not a first ballot Hall of Famer so I will vote for him next year."

or the voters that left a first ballot hall of famer off so he wouldn't be a "unanimous inductee".

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're agreeing, why did I get face palmed?

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or the voters that left a first ballot hall of famer off so he wouldn't be a "unanimous inductee".

Or the talking heads in the media and fellow HoF voters who bully someone to vote for a player but ignoring the fact that someone who broke the color barrier failed to get 100%.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the talking heads in the media and fellow HoF voters who bully someone to vote for a player but ignoring the fact that someone who broke the color barrier failed to get 100%.

What do the voters' bad decisions of yesteryear have to do with today? Where is there a rule that you have to follow bad decisions made by someone in the past?

Here's where your hypocrisy is exposed: many of the voters of yesteryear would've never voted for Jacob DeGrom for Cy with only a 10-9 record, but that thinking has changed today...go ahead and tell us that voters were bullied into ignoring wins and voting for DeGrom when someone with that low of a win total decades ago likely doesn't win... Or does that logic not apply when it benefits a guy you root for?

Last edited:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter led the Yankees in WAR in 1998, 1999 and 2009 (per BB-Ref). you could make a pretty good argument he was the most valuable player on several WS winning teams. he had a 153 OPS+, that's an incredible shortstop season regardless of his defense.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do the voters' bad decisions of yesteryear have to do with today? Where is there a rule that you have to follow bad decisions made by someone in the past?

Here's where your hypocrisy is exposed: many of the voters of yesteryear would've never voted for Jacob DeGrom for Cy with only a 10-9 record, but that thinking has changed today...go ahead and tell us that voters were bullied into ignoring wins and voting for DeGrom when someone with that low of a win total decades ago likely doesn't win... Or does that logic not apply when it benefits a guy you root for?

Why do you condone the bullying of HoF voters by other HoF voters and talking heads? Who fucking cares if someone got in unanimously? I sure don't.

Mariano's unanimous selection last year tells the world that throwing a baseball > breaking the color barrier.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you condone the bullying of HoF voters by other HoF voters and talking heads? Who fucking cares if someone got in unanimously? I sure don't.

Mariano's unanimous selection last year tells the world that throwing a baseball > breaking the color barrier.

Who says that the current voters have to follow a stupid belief system used by curmudgeons years ago, especially when the makeup of the current voter base is much different than that of years past, as the Hall recently revised the rules for being eligible to vote?

Answer that one (100% chance you won't be able to provide a logical reason).

And again, you don't seem to be complaining about DeGrom winning the Cy with 10-11 wins, when that would've never happened in the past before voters got ridiculed for heavily favoring wins.

Last edited:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says that the current voters have to follow a stupid belief system used by curmudgeons years ago, especially when the makeup of the current voter base is much different than that of years past, as the Hall recently revised the rules for being eligible to vote?

Answer that one (100% chance you won't be able to provide a logical reason).

And again, you don't seem to be complaining about DeGrom winning the Cy with 10-11 wins, when that would've never happened in the past before voters got ridiculed for heavily favoring wins.
It would be interesting if the baseball people of today could go back and revote for some of the awards given in the past. Back in the 70's and 80's when the Braves were the worst team in baseball Phil Niekro had some ridiculous seasons but he never won a Cy Young because he always ended up with a W-L record of around 20-20.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter led the Yankees in WAR in 1998, 1999 and 2009 (per BB-Ref). you could make a pretty good argument he was the most valuable player on several WS winning teams. he had a 153 OPS+, that's an incredible shortstop season regardless of his defense.
Some would argue that his liability at defense negated the offense.

...and seriously. We're going to crown this guy a HoF and he rarely if ever was the most valuable player ON HIS OWN TEAM? Sorry, no vote from me and I hereby make an impassioned plea for the voters to follow my courageous course!

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it just tells that in 1962, there were still a lot of racist assholes voting.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lower lifetime WAR than "Sweet" Lou Whitaker who was just snubbed today. Not to take anything away from Jeter ... How can you leave Whitaker out of the Hall of Fame!!!

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lower lifetime WAR than "Sweet" Lou Whitaker who was just snubbed today. Not to take anything away from Jeter ... How can you leave Whitaker out of the Hall of Fame!!!

And what exactly does today have to do with whether Jeter's a HOFer?

You don't have to make every thread about Whitaker....

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what exactly does today have to do with whether Jeter's a HOFer?

You don't have to make every thread about Whitaker....
yes, he does. That is his brand. Don't give up the fight Voltaire!