• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Lin to the Lakers

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who watches boxing anymore? The amount of ducking & record patting that goes on in boxing is astounding. It's been over a decade since I have actually looked forward to a boxing match.

And you really have to love boxing to watch Floyd box. Defensive boxing at it's best, avoid contact & counter-punch. It's boring as fuck.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who watches boxing anymore? The amount of ducking & record patting that goes on in boxing is astounding. It's been over a decade since I have actually looked forward to a boxing match.

And you really have to love boxing to watch Floyd box. Defensive boxing at it's best, avoid contact & counter-punch. It's boring as fuck.

Canelo and Pacquiao are still worth watching. Floyd dominates in his own way, I question his antics and choices outside the ring more than anything, inside the ring he's a great boxer.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: It's all good, he's a great boxer, he just annoys the shit out of me.

Lol yeah man, I just had flashbacks from the cbs boxing board. For years, it was us Floyd fans going at it with Pac fans, with each accusing the other fighter of ducking the fight. I don't think anybody mind changed. Its like Christians and Muslims trying to convince the other side what to believe.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forum Nazi alert.

This place has other forums people. Stop derailing threads!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this thread has morphed into a boxing thread.

It's lost it's luster with the lack of any entertaining heavyweights.

Speaking of, I happened to run into Tyson during halftime of one of the games.
He couldn't have been any more cordial to everyone around.
I think he's truly reformed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Turnup, I saw Tyson on an episode of SVU with Mariska. He played a sexually abused offender. I guess he has found acting as a way to make big bucks again. I can't blame the guy after he has been put on a court-mandated budget to pay down is bankruptcy debts.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Turnup, I saw Tyson on an episode of SVU with Mariska. He played a sexually abused offender. I guess he has found acting as a way to make big bucks again. I can't blame the guy after he has been put on a court-mandated budget to pay down is bankruptcy debts.

What's funny was that some younger people were around and only knew him as the actor from The Hangover Movie.
They had no clue of his boxing career.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAn i just say Boxing used to be about warriors. Everyone wants to fucking run now. Mayweather ruined boxing lol. None of his fights are ever interesting or good. They are never exciting, he never ever goes toe to toe. Hes built a record based on paper. And assholes left and right are following suit. What happened to the Hattons, the Gottis, the JMMarquezs, the Corrales'essesss lol. Just so many warriors are gone, hell 2 of those guys are dead. I dont see anyone anymore that makes me excited. I like Canelos style, but who the hell am i kidding. Hes going to lose on the cards to these types of guys like every other warrior will. But i miss paying for those bouts. Todays fights? All bootleg. Ya digg?

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and i already bought a Lin Jersey so i can ride around in the asian parts of LA without a Samurai Sword for once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAn i just say Boxing used to be about warriors. Everyone wants to fucking run now. Mayweather ruined boxing lol. None of his fights are ever interesting or good. They are never exciting, he never ever goes toe to toe. Hes built a record based on paper. And assholes left and right are following suit. What happened to the Hattons, the Gottis, the JMMarquezs, the Corrales'essesss lol. Just so many warriors are gone, hell 2 of those guys are dead. I dont see anyone anymore that makes me excited. I like Canelos style, but who the hell am i kidding. Hes going to lose on the cards to these types of guys like every other warrior will. But i miss paying for those bouts. Todays fights? All bootleg. Ya digg?

Its not Mayweather fault that boxers can't go toe to toe with him because his defense great. That's like telling them great defensive Spurs teams, that they should've did more runnin and gunnin with those fast Suns teams, because they made the games boring.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not Mayweather fault that boxers can't go toe to toe with him because his defense great. That's like telling them great defensive Spurs teams, that they should've did more runnin and gunnin with those fast Suns teams, because they made the games boring.

I guess you are right i cant blame mayweather for it all. But imagine Mayweather and Shane mosely in their primes in a fight? Wtf would that look like? LOL

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you are right i cant blame mayweather for it all. But imagine Mayweather and Shane mosely in their primes in a fight? Wtf would that look like? LOL

I didn't expect to get a response until the morning lol. Yes, that would be a great fight. I also agree with you, I miss the exciting fights. I remember all the good fighters used to fight each other and there was no ducking. Its watered down now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's lost it's luster with the lack of any entertaining heavyweights.

Speaking of, I happened to run into Tyson during halftime of one of the games.
He couldn't have been any more cordial to everyone around.
I think he's truly reformed.

He didn't threaten to eat your children?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't expect to get a response until the morning lol. Yes, that would be a great fight. I also agree with you, I miss the exciting fights. I remember all the good fighters used to fight each other and there was no ducking. Its watered down now.

Yeah, I've really lost interest in boxing over the years. Pretty much after Tyson did his "fade into bolivion" boxing just got boring. No more great/interesting heavyweights and the top boxers seem to be more interested in fighting over purse percentages and keeping their records artificially inflated by fighting "tomato cans" than fighting other top fighters.

Back in the 70's, 80's and even much of the 90's, all of the great fighters were constantly fighting each other and usually multiple times. It seemed like there were great fights just about every week.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've really lost interest in boxing over the years. Pretty much after Tyson did his "fade into bolivion" boxing just got boring. No more great/interesting heavyweights and the top boxers seem to be more interested in fighting over purse percentages and keeping their records artificially inflated by fighting "tomato cans" than fighting other top fighters.

Back in the 70's, 80's and even much of the 90's, all of the great fighters were constantly fighting each other and usually multiple times. It seemed like there were great fights just about every week.

Remember when they were on for free, Saturday afternoon, Wide World of Sports w/ Howard Cosell?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when they were on for free, Saturday afternoon, Wide World of Sports w/ Howard Cosell?

Heck yeah!! I remember watching one of my favorite all-time fights on Wide World. Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini vs. Alexis Arguello.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was into the heavyweights. Joe Frazier, Ali, Foreman, Norton, Holmes, and on and on. They were always fighting each other on Wide World of Sports with Howard Cosell!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was into the heavyweights. Joe Frazier, Ali, Foreman, Norton, Holmes, and on and on. They were always fighting each other on Wide World of Sports with Howard Cosell!!

Seems like yesterday.
It so sucks how fast time flies.
If I recall, Superstars would precede Wide World for part of the year.

They should bring that type of competition back, of course the athletes these days would want millions of dollars.