• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher sticks Bernie Kosar a new one.

olskool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is delusional

Why he's upset that Kosar was critical of Ram 's poor WR play and bad 2nd string QB is a mystery to me. Everything Kosar said was pretty accurate, besides that the Browns pay his salary - what would you expect?

Hey Fisher try putting a better product on thye field how 'bout?:lame:

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't want Fisher to defend his players? It's been one preseason game and you're already saying "put a better product on the field'? Pantshatting already?

Kosar acted like an unprofessional douche. His comments were over the top and I wouldn't be surprised if he was drunk during the broadcast.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kosar wasn't there to provide impartial expert analysis. He was there to provide colour commentary and blatant homerism. In that role he was great. I particularly enjoyed listening to his contemptuous criticism of Clemens and his attempts to backtrack from those comments as Clemens improved. The man needs money.

143963d1367627470-huge-scammer-bbcollector99-image.jpg

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK7000, there was a snippet on Yahoo sports Friday about Kosar's legendary habits of having one too many martini's before broadcasts. They like him in Cleveland for the very reason stated by fastforward and apparently they value less that he may be inebriated while doing the show. He has a tendency to exaggerate his play-calling but that is what Cleveland fans apparently like.

Well that mix got the ire of Jeff Fisher who gave Kosar an earfull. Thus is the world of competitive professional sports.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with homerism from local broadcast teams. However, some of the things Kosar said crossed the line and were very unprofessional.

If I was a fan of the worst organization in football history, I guess I could enjoy Kosar. But I'm not, so I don't.

olskool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't want Fisher to defend his players? It's been one preseason game and you're already saying "put a better product on the field'? Pantshatting already?

Kosar acted like an unprofessional douche. His comments were over the top and I wouldn't be surprised if he was drunk during the broadcast.

The Rams looked bad. Whatever comments Kosar made, drunk or otherwise were fairly accurate. And why would Fisher need to 'defend' players from a drunk color commentator that's employed by the opponent? Thin skinned? The Rams played poorly overall, blame it on whatever you like, but for Fisher to even comment on what Kosar says is pathetic. Worry about your team that looked bad coach - not a drunk in the booth.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams looked bad. Whatever comments Kosar made, drunk or otherwise were fairly accurate. And why would Fisher need to 'defend' players from a drunk color commentator that's employed by the opponent? Thin skinned? The Rams played poorly overall, blame it on whatever you like, but for Fisher to even comment on what Kosar says is pathetic. Worry about your team that looked bad coach - not a drunk in the booth.

Do you even know some of the comments Kosar made? I'd call that fool out myself if I was in Fisher's position. There's a difference between being critical and acting like a 12 year old- a drunk one at that. And it was the 1st preseason game....who cares if we looked bad? We have 3 more games and many more practices to get things going. I'm pretty sure Fisher can make sure the Rams get better while calling out Kosar.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:olskool, your on the wrong side of the argument and on the wrong board. Keep it up and we will see how much longer you will be around. Preseason #1 (big deal), Browns have to win at home (new HC, OC and DC), Rams don't need to be anything at this point (will not show division any thing), Start preseason and progress from there (will do that), you and Bernie go back to the bottle where you can fine satisfaction.:suds:

olskool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even know some of the comments Kosar made? I'd call that fool out myself if I was in Fisher's position. There's a difference between being critical and acting like a 12 year old- a drunk one at that. And it was the 1st preseason game....who cares if we looked bad? We have 3 more games and many more practices to get things going. I'm pretty sure Fisher can make sure the Rams get better while calling out Kosar.

Yeah, calling out Kosar doesn't make me feel better about the Rams. Sorry. I couldn't care less what an opposing commentator has to say. I mean it wouldn't be the 1st time a teams own broadcast team had overtly poor opinions about the opposition - in fact that's pretty common. Why Fisher would even comment about it is more of a surprise to me- and again, drunk or not - the criticisms were fairly accurate, even if they were 'over the top.' I'll leave it there, and hope Fisher does handle his business.:suds:

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about it making you feel better? It doesn't make me feel better either, but I approve of what Fisher said. To say team broadcasters make similar comments often, IMO, is wrong. I've rarely heard a local broadcaster say some of the **** Kosar did during the game. What Kosar said were personal attacks, not criticisms.

olskool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about it making you feel better? It doesn't make me feel better either, but I approve of what Fisher said. To say team broadcasters make similar comments often, IMO, is wrong. I've rarely heard a local broadcaster say some of the **** Kosar did during the game. What Kosar said were personal attacks, not criticisms.

Go Dodgers!:lol:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brown's can have all the highlights they want to have as long as they come from the preseason. Once the season starts we all know what "brown" team shows up; so Kosar the douche' can talk all he wants.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he say that was so horrible?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but hey.....with comments like that, he can always get a job working at ESPN !

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) If you had to live in Cleveland and try to say positive things about the Browns, you'd be drowning in booze too. Everyone would have to down a bottle of something before those broadcasts.

2) Fisher is sticking up for his team. That's fine. But attacking another teams drunk color comment guy at this level is histrionic drama queen stuff. It's preseason football Jeff. Grow a pair and get rid of the mullet/mustache thing. Makes you look like a cop/pron star.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a Rams fan but if I were I'd be calling you out. Calling Jeff Fisher "thin skinned" over those comments tells me you either aren't a Rams fan or you are talking out of your ass.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) If you had to live in Cleveland and try to say positive things about the Browns, you'd be drowning in booze too. Everyone would have to down a bottle of something before those broadcasts.

2) Fisher is sticking up for his team. That's fine. But attacking another teams drunk color comment guy at this level is histrionic drama queen stuff. It's preseason football Jeff. Grow a pair and get rid of the mullet/mustache thing. Makes you look like a cop/pron star.

Fisher attacked Kosar and is a "histrionic drama queen." :wtf:

You're an idiot and a troll.

If anyone wants this guy banned from your team board, let me know.

olskool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Rams fan but if I were I'd be calling you out. Calling Jeff Fisher "thin skinned" over those comments tells me you either aren't a Rams fan or you are talking out of your ass.

I'm not alone in wondering why Fisher even felt the need to respond to Kosars' comments. Thin skinned is EXACTLY how it comes off, or why even comment? You think any players gave a heck about what a guy in the booth says? I don't. Defend the teams play coach - not what some guy says that gets paid to talk.

FYI there 'Neidemayer' I've been a Rams fan for 50+ years, and you are a MB mod for like what a year? As far as I can tell I've attacked no one, kept my language civil and non threatening, yet get responses that are only threatening - or plainly ignorant - like yours. Nice work there 'Monkey Wrench.'

What is more telling - that you're a board mod, or a Padre fan? :laugh3: