• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher is set on Sam Bradford in 2015

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again his contract was based on what he did in college which included the Heisman.

Really? Teams pay rookies based on what they did in college? Wow! Is that something they just started doing?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't hatin'. Just saying that with a better QB the Rams would be pretty formidable.

And yes, we should have won. If Foles had stayed healthy, I think we would have.

I wish they would have too, hate the Cowboys!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have just gotten up from your nap and dreaming about Sammie? He had a good freshman year, a great sophomore year, that's it, it wasn't "amazing"
:pound:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they don't do this. After JW & MM there is a huge drop off in QB talent. Todd McShea said 3rd or 4th Rd grades at best. IMO and I know it's tough but you do what you did last year. Ride Sam one more time get 3 STARTERS with those picks! next year we won't have Sam's contract to deal with if he doesn't work out. Get your QB then when The free-agent market will be good or We will have all of our draft picks to go get one in the draft. Imagine how good our team will be if we hit on those picks. What does a guy sitting on the bench this year really going to do for us?
:L The UCLA fan disagrees!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you go again bringing up his Heisman, again, most guys that have won a Heisman have not turned out to be very good NFL players. He played in a conference that was pass happy that year and he put up some big numbers on a great team! I've already given you the long list of Heisman failures in the NFL, it speaks for itself, oh except for Archie Griffen who won it twice and went on to a HOF career in the NFL, oh wait a minute, no he didn't!
In all fairness, you were talking about his college career Smed and the Heisman is the top award in college.

Nice try... :nod:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, you were talking about his college career Smed and the Heisman is the top award in college.

Nice try... :nod:

Ya,Coug and I have been going back and forth, I realize rookies get paid based on what they did in college, I even said that! I just get tired of the Coug bringing up his Heisman, like it's some basis of he will be a great NFl QB, when that's the farthest thing from the truth, it means he was a pretty dam good "college" QB, it means Jack you know who in the NFL, again ask Archie Griffin how that helped him in the NFL!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya,Coug and I have been going back and forth, I realize rookies get paid based on what they did in college, I even said that! I just get tired of the Coug bringing up his Heisman, like it's some basis of he will be a great NFl QB, when that's the farthest thing from the truth, it means he was a pretty dam good "college" QB, it means Jack you know who in the NFL, again ask Archie Griffin how that helped him in the NFL!

I never said one time that he would be great in the NFL because he won the Heisman. He won a lot more awards then that. I brought it up because you always say he had a not so great college career. I think most would disagree with that. You usually don't go #1 with a so so college career.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Ryan Mallett and Colt McCoy?

I doubt the Texans let Mallett leave. They are facing the same dearth of QB options as the Rams are and need a starter. McCoy hasn't proven anything, but I suppose would be passable as a backup for most teams. With Bradford's injury history, I'd rather have a bit more substantial backup than Colt, but that's wishful thinking this year. I wouldn't mind taking a look at Matt Moore either.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, and besides Sam, just of this millennium...

Johnny Manziel, RGIII, Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Couch & Chris Weinkie.

(Some are still on the clock others are done...)

That leaves only Cam Newton & Carson Palmer!

Anyways, don't tell Junkie this, as both MM and JW are Heisman Trophy winners too and that sort of busts his stronk QB class for this year! :lol:

Mine too though! :nod:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all on board with going with Davis either, but tell me again what Bradford has done for this ream that Davis hasnt?
This is true, and besides Sam, just of this millennium...

Johnny Manziel, RGIII, Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Couch & Chris Weinkie.

(Some are still on the clock others are done...)

That leaves only Cam Newton & Carson Palmer!

Anyways, don't tell Junkie this, as both MM and JW are Heisman Trophy winners too and that sort of busts his stronk QB class for this year! :lol:

Mine too though! :nod:

Hay hay hay... Winston and MM are NOT Tebow, Jason White, Troy Smith, Crouch, or Manziel. These 2 are far better than any of the Heisman winners.

I've been wrong before, but it's not very often. Winston is a Big Ben/Cam type QB. Marriota I compare to Russell Wilson. We'll see.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said one time that he would be great in the NFL because he won the Heisman. He won a lot more awards then that. I brought it up because you always say he had a not so great college career. I think most would disagree with that. You usually don't go #1 with a so so college career.

And I never once said he didn't have a great Heisman year, I've only ever said that that is irrelevant when it comes time to play in the NFL! Listen to me now or hear me later!

You are the one that thinks he is better than he is, he can make all the throws, ALL teams want him, he has earned his money, none of those things are true! Scouting reports questioned whether he could make all the throws, they questioned whether he could handle the pass rush, they questioned his injury history (two while in 2+ years in college). you are right he was probably the best QB to come out the year he did, yet at the same time that's not saying much, class was very weak!

I only say these things to counter balance your immense love for Sammie, just so the scales stay even!:) Sammies Ok, I hope he does well for us this year if he is our QB, but in the big picture he has not helped us at all, if anything he has set us back a few years!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I never once said he didn't have a great Heisman year, I've only ever said that that is irrelevant when it comes time to play in the NFL! Listen to me now or hear me later!

You are the one that thinks he is better than he is, he can make all the throws, ALL teams want him, he has earned his money, none of those things are true! Scouting reports questioned whether he could make all the throws, they questioned whether he could handle the pass rush, they questioned his injury history (two while in 2+ years in college). you are right he was probably the best QB to come out the year he did, yet at the same time that's not saying much, class was very weak!

I only say these things to counter balance your immense love for Sammie, just so the scales stay even!:) Sammies Ok, I hope he does well for us this year if he is our QB, but in the big picture he has not helped us at all, if anything he has set us back a few years!

He can make all the throws. That has never been an issue. and I think the fact that he hasn't restructured means many teams do want him. and his agent is playing hard ball. Weak draft idk but show me a draft where he wouldn't have been a top 5 pick coming out of college. I think he would be the #1 pick this year. Doesn't throw a lot of INT's like JW and no off the field issues.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snisher and company are playing poker. Everyone is this time of year. If Buffalo wants to talk trade, they'll listen. But isn't Sam's agent talking with other teams to establish Bradford's value as well? Remember, the media will make a story out of anything. And our Front office isn't going to show their cards.

Maybe Team Snisher is trying to stockpile more picks and go after 1 of the top 2 QBs? Who knows?

Buffalo is pretty screwed. They have 2 picks in the top 4 rounds of the 2015 draft. 4 total. And they have Kyle Orton who was beat out by Tim Tebow the last time Orton was a starter before going to Buffalo from Dallas.

If someone would offer me a few picks for Bradford, I would listen. He's fragile and the odds of him making it 16 games next year after a hurt shoulder, high ankle sprain, and 2 knee surgeries has to be pretty low.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is he's refusing to restructure his contract.

No it would be dumb too. But I don't see a team taking on that 16m cap hit which they would have to in a trade. So I'm not sure mc.But if the Rams were dumb enough to let him talk to teams I don't know why Sams agent couldnt work out a deal then the Rams wojld have to pay him the full anout or cut him then he could sign with the new team.
Snisher and company are playing poker. Everyone is this time of year. If Buffalo wants to talk trade, they'll listen. But isn't Sam's agent talking with other teams to establish Bradford's value as well? Remember, the media will make a story out of anything. And our Front office isn't going to show their cards.

Maybe Team Snisher is trying to stockpile more picks and go after 1 of the top 2 QBs? Who knows?

Buffalo is pretty screwed. They have 2 picks in the top 4 rounds of the 2015 draft. 4 total. And they have Kyle Orton who was beat out by Tim Tebow the last time Orton was a starter before going to Buffalo from Dallas.

If someone would offer me a few picks for Bradford, I would listen. He's fragile and the odds of him making it 16 games next year after a hurt shoulder, high ankle sprain, and 2 knee surgeries has to be pretty low.

I agree. Just games being played by both parties. Sams agent has said no pay cut and he would rather be cut then traded supposedly. If he's under contract though I would think the Rams could trade him anywhere? He shouldn't have a say. Problem is like I said before, teams won't trade for him when they know the Rams might cut him then they don't have to deal with his contract. This might be the agent playing the Browns and Bills against each other to get more money encase the Rams cut him?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know all the details, but if Sam's agent is saying no pay cut and cut him before trading him, the Rams may say GFY and get some picks. Sam's agent is either a greedy SOB or Sam is. Sam has made plenty of dough and if Sam really wanted to win, he would want to make a decent amount.. but also let the Rams have a bit more to spend on getting more talent around him so he can win.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can make all the throws. That has never been an issue. and I think the fact that he hasn't restructured means many teams do want him. and his agent is playing hard ball. Weak draft idk but show me a draft where he wouldn't have been a top 5 pick coming out of college. I think he would be the #1 pick this year. Doesn't throw a lot of INT's like JW and no off the field issues.

That's right, I forgot, you saw him make all the throws in practice! Sorry, but there were a couple scouting reports that questioned that. I don't think he would be the number one pick this year if he was in the same situation as 2010, not having played in TWO years,. It's not much different than now, he hasn't played much in the past two years and I'm sure there is some interest, but I'm also sure that many teams are a little Leary and have some reservations about him! I would assume that any team that made an offer to him, it would be an incentive laden contract!
As far as not throwing many interceptions, he shouldn't, he throws a ton short passes, those shouldn't be picked off, although I have seen him throw an interception on a screen pass, that was pretty bad!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo is refuting the rumor, btw. Sounds like a leak to me, trying to get more leverage.

As far as Buffalo goes, Orton retired abruptly after the season. The have EJ and Tuel, that's it (for now).