• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher is set on Sam Bradford in 2015

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Fisher at the combine watching Winston, Marriota, Mannion, Petty, and Marshall.

Marshall was baaaad, but the other 4 looked pretty good. Jameis made some good touch throws and deep throws. Marriota and Petty both have good arms. Petty has some arm strength and made some ok/good touch throws.

I really don't see what's so weak about this class. I'm going on record that this class is pretty SKRONG :nod:

yeah that's right
Kudos for sticking to your guns SJ. But honestly I just don't see it.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, I tore mine playing basketball, and my daughter tore her's in 5th grade playing basketball, I guess we DESERVE millions of dollars too!

keep on believing that Sammie Earned all the money he has been paid, your alarm clock should be going off any minute now, and you can wake up from your dream and go sit in your Sammie room and look at your Sammie shrine, it's all good!

Yeah but no one signed you to a 50M contract so you don't deserve millions. Sam earned that for being the best QB in college. again not his fault. let me ask you. should P. Manning take a pay cut this year? he counts 21.5m against the cap!! I ask because this is his last year and the only reason he is playing is to try to win one more super bowl. Wouldn't it make sense for him to take a pay cut to help his team go out and sign FA or keep their own FA? Why not play for free? he is worth hundreds of millions and makes 15m a year in endorsements and will have any tv job he wants when he retires. my point is these guys usually don't take pay cuts.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but no one signed you to a 50M contract so you don't deserve millions. Sam earned that for being the best QB in college. again not his fault. let me ask you. should P. Manning take a pay cut this year? he counts 21.5m against the cap!! I ask because this is his last year and the only reason he is playing is to try to win one more super bowl. Wouldn't it make sense for him to take a pay cut to help his team go out and sign FA or keep their own FA? Why not play for free? he is worth hundreds of millions and makes 15m a year in endorsements and will have any tv job he wants when he retires. my point is these guys usually don't take pay cuts.

Again, you are confusing the way the system is with earning it or deserving it! Sammie didn't DESERVE OR EARN it! He may or may not have been the best QB to come out that year, that being said it was a very weal QB class!

As far as your Manning comparison, that is just not even close to the same situation! Manning has taken his teams to the playoffs and to the Super Bowl. His career speaks for itself, he DESERVES AND EARNED, everything he has! Manning will probably help take them to the playoffs and give them another chance to go to the Super Bowl. Denver doesn't really need cap space to improve they are pretty dam good right now, which is totally different from the Rams situation where they really could use some cap space,they actually NEED cap space! Sammies career also speaks for itself, he has done nothing!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I seem to remember Tom Brady taking a huge pay cut about a year ago. He didn't have to, he did it so the Patriots could sign more free agents and get better. If a HOF QB like Brady can do it, a guy like Sammy (who has barely played in 2 years)certainly can too.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember Tom Brady taking a huge pay cut about a year ago. He didn't have to, he did it so the Patriots could sign more free agents and get better. If a HOF QB like Brady can do it, a guy like Sammy (who has barely played in 2 years)certainly can too.

No he didn't take a pay cut. he just restructured his deal and got that money up front. he didn't lose a penny. they like to make it sound like they are taking a pay cut but it actually is better for them because they just get the money up front in the form of a bonus to save cap space.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't take a pay cut. he just restructured his deal and got that money up front. he didn't lose a penny. they like to make it sound like they are taking a pay cut but it actually is better for them because they just get the money up front in the form of a bonus to save cap space.

Maybe so, but his re-negotiation did help the Pats big as far as cap space goes. All that matters, the guy is a team player. Let's face it, Tom Brady has earned that money by being one of the best QB's in NFL history for more than a decade. Our team needs cap space and Sam's contract is eating up way too much of it. Time for Sam to step up and be a team player like many of the other top guys. If it means extending his contract a year or two, so be it as long as his knees will hold up. And at a lower pay of course...

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but his re-negotiation did help the Pats big as far as cap space goes. All that matters, the guy is a team player. Let's face it, Tom Brady has earned that money by being one of the best QB's in NFL history for more than a decade. Our team needs cap space and Sam's contract is eating up way too much of it. Time for Sam to step up and be a team player like many of the other top guys. If it means extending his contract a year or two, so be it as long as his knees will hold up. And at a lower pay of course...

I agree. i think they should offer him a 2 year deal 14m. that would basically cut it in half of what it is now by spreading it over 2 years. the problem is he might get a better deal from someone else.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. i think they should offer him a 2 year deal 14m. that would basically cut it in half of what it is now by spreading it over 2 years. the problem is he might get a better deal from someone else.

See, now you're talking!!! And yes maybe he would get more from another team, but I would hope he'd have some allegiance to a team that has stuck by him through these injuries.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, now you're talking!!! And yes maybe he would get more from another team, but I would hope he'd have some allegiance to a team that has stuck by him through these injuries.

Sure its easy taking someone else's millions away lol. but when its actually you it would probably be a different story.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure its easy taking someone else's millions away lol. but when its actually you it would probably be a different story.

Well maybe I'm old school, and maybe I was raised differently, but I know for a fact that I would feel obligated to perform and earn what my employer was paying me! A lot of these guys are spoiled and greedy and think they "deserve" what they have, when a lot of them don't "deserve" any of it, it's just how the system works! Yes, I think Sammie Owes the Rams for what they have done for him, because he has done absolutely nothing for them!

I'm sorry but if you have millions in the bank, you "should" be able to live off of what you have for the rest of your life. I don't blame anyone for wanting a nice house, a nice car, a nice life, but do you need a 10 bedroom mansion, and a $250,000 Bentley? My $25,000 car gets me to the same destination that their car would, Theres nothing wrong with owning a nice million dollar house, you don't think that's all a person would need?

It's not just athletes, I'll never understand how any rapper "earned" the millions they make! I don't buy CD's, I have a radio, I don't buy Sammie jerseys, he has enough money, I don't need to make him more! But Coug probably is Sammies second income!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taking someones millions away? The guy has made over 50 million dollars and led our team nowhere. If I had made that much money and performed as bad as Sam has, It wouldn't be a different story for me. I've gone above and beyond for many jobs making MUCH less because it was the right thing to do. I can't even count how many days and extra hours I've put in where I didn't make an extra dime. The guy is set for life, his family is set for life, isn't that the point where doing the right thing could come into play? If the guy actually performs, he could make up any lost money with endorsements.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe I'm old school, and maybe I was raised differently, but I know for a fact that I would feel obligated to perform and earn what my employer was paying me! A lot of these guys are spoiled and greedy and think they "deserve" what they have, when a lot of them don't "deserve" any of it, it's just how the system works! Yes, I think Sammie Owes the Rams for what they have done for him, because he has done absolutely nothing for them!

I'm sorry but if you have millions in the bank, you "should" be able to live off of what you have for the rest of your life. I don't blame anyone for wanting a nice house, a nice car, a nice life, but do you need a 10 bedroom mansion, and a $250,000 Bentley? My $25,000 car gets me to the same destination that their car would, Theres nothing wrong with owning a nice million dollar house, you don't think that's all a person would need?

It's not just athletes, I'll never understand how any rapper "earned" the millions they make! I don't buy CD's, I have a radio, I don't buy Sammie jerseys, he has enough money, I don't need to make him more! But Coug probably is Sammies second income!

What world do you guys live in? This is the NFL. Do 1st rd draft picks that totally bust give their money back? jaMarcus Russell Ryan leaf and the hundreds of other bust. well I doubt you would be able to find anyone in the Rams organization that feels like he hasn't earned it. Have you ever heard one bad thing about him coming out of Rams park? has he ever missed a practice or not been a good team mate? If he was so bad why haven't they cut him? and why do they want him back? I could maybe see if you were saying this about a guy like Manzel but if Sam has a problem its he is to nice of a guy. You saying he hasn't done anything for them is so wrong lol. he's done everything they have asked him to do. I guess you think he should have won a few super bowls by now? well this is a team sport and he's been on a very bad one. I Would be shocked if Sam is driving around a $250,000 bentley. They live in a different world then we do they make millions for a owner who is a billionaire. its just on a bigger scale then me and you but they still feel the same about wanting to provide for their family and he has the means to take care of his kids, kids future and so on.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What world do you guys live in? This is the NFL. Do 1st rd draft picks that totally bust give their money back? jaMarcus Russell Ryan leaf and the hundreds of other bust. well I doubt you would be able to find anyone in the Rams organization that feels like he hasn't earned it. Have you ever heard one bad thing about him coming out of Rams park? has he ever missed a practice or not been a good team mate? If he was so bad why haven't they cut him? and why do they want him back? I could maybe see if you were saying this about a guy like Manzel but if Sam has a problem its he is to nice of a guy. You saying he hasn't done anything for them is so wrong lol. he's done everything they have asked him to do. I guess
you think he should have won a few super bowls by now? well this is a team sport and he's been on a very bad one. I Would be shocked if Sam is driving around a $250,000 bentley. They live in a different world then we do they make millions for a owner who is a billionaire. its just on a bigger scale then me and you but they still feel the same about wanting to provide for their family and he has the means to take care of his kids, kids future and so on.

There you go on a rant again, never said Sammie had a Bentley! I don't think he should have taken us to a Super Bowl, but based on your glorification of him, yes we should have had a couple already with him!

Look up the story of Lyman Bostick, for the Angels, that guy was a team player, he tried giving money back because he wasn't preforming, the owner wouldn't take it, so he donated it to a charity, this was back in the day when $100,000 was big money. He didn't have to do it, but he had pride in himself, and I guess as I was trying to say earlier, he was brought up better than most people today. There's this thing called "the right thing to do" which evidently some athletes and yourself dont get!

The reason the Rams are sticking with him through all this is because they invested so much into him and it's hard to give up or admit that you were wrong, it has nothing to do with Sammie doing everything he possibly can for the team.

Face it he has not earned the money he has made, and he doesn't deserve the money that he has been paid!
But im sure he will be secure after he retires and he is still making money off of his jersey sales to the Coug!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, I will give Sammie more credit than you just did though. I think Sammie has done more and has more good qualities than the two knuckleheads you tried to compare him to. Russell and Leaf, were and still are losers!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to your guns cougar. Belittling Bradford on his play is one thing. But going after him over his contract just isn't cricket. There is no monopoly on being raised right or wrong for that matter. I for one in the same situation wouldn't give a dime back or want a modification too my contract. Unless everyone was drunk at the signing and they can proved it, pay me. Now this maybe more than some here's moral compass can stand. But 99 out of 100 would do the same thing. And yes I feel comfortable with that blanket statement. Even if Bradford allowed a change to his contract he will still get the money front or back end. Sometimes people want something to go there way so badly they become blinded and lose all sense of reality and common sense.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to your guns cougar. Belittling Bradford on his play is one thing. But going after him over his contract just isn't cricket. There is no monopoly on being raised right or wrong for that matter. I for one in the same situation wouldn't give a dime back or want a modification too my contract. Unless everyone was drunk at the signing and they can proved it, pay me. Now this maybe more than some here's moral compass can stand. But 99 out of 100 would do the same thing. And yes I feel comfortable with that blanket statement. Even if Bradford allowed a change to his contract he will still get the money front or back end. Sometimes people want something to go there way so badly they become blinded and lose all sense of reality and common sense.

Exactly and he agrees its not Sam's fault that they paid him that. Wth. Like I said the Rams would have cut him along time ago if they didn't think he was worth it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this wasn't the NFL, his contract would be guaranteed and the Rams would have no option but to pay it due to the relative weakness of the NFL Players Union compared to other pro leagues. He has a contract that should pay him his full salary this season. Shouldn't a contract be honored? It would be in the NBA or MLB for sure. Any reduction he takes is a bonus for the Rams. If they don't feel it's enough, they can cut him loose and deal with the dearth of replacement options. He really does have the edge in these negotiations, like it or not.

As far as the rapper/CDs comment, I completely disagree there (in a wider sense, as I'm not much of a rap fan). Musicians create something that is essentially trademarked, but due to the looseness of the internet, can now be stolen from them. It is their livelihood, and they should be compensated for that. By not purchasing your music, you're basically helping kill off your favorite musicians/bands by not supporting them. The music business has failed to the point that labels are now taking a big percentage of touring and merchandise revenue as well, leaving musicians barely scraping by. Basically, you will be left with the mass produced pop acts and a few established bands that already made it, with all the smaller bands dying off and new bands basically being short-lived hobbyists.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly and he agrees its not Sam's fault that they paid him that. Wth. Like I said the Rams would have cut him along time ago if they didn't think he was worth it.

Ok Coug you just aren't getting it are you? The Rams had so much invested in your boy, they couldn't justify cutting him, they kept hoping and are still hoping that they can make good on their investment, it's not a matter of them not cutting him because they "think" he's worth it! If they could find so sone to take him and his contract off their hands, I think they would do it in a heart beat, but there are no teams willing to do that! Why because he's not worth it!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Coug you just aren't getting it are you? The Rams had so much invested in your boy, they couldn't justify cutting him, they kept hoping and are still hoping that they can make good on their investment, it's not a matter of them not cutting him because they "think" he's worth it! If they could find so sone to take him and his contract off their hands, I think they would do it in a heart beat, but there are no teams willing to do that! Why because he's not worth it!

Truthfully, I think they just might end up cutting him. Could be wrong of course(and probably am lol), but I think that 13 mil in cap space could make a huge difference for our franchise this season. Would suck to lose Bradford and we probably would, but not sure you can risk that much cap space on a guy who hasn't played a regular season game in a year and a half and coming off two major injuries/surgeries. It's a tough call.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you not watch the news? They are reports that multiply teams certainly do want Sam. The Browns either offered a second or 3rd pick but the Rams won't do that because he is to valuable as the quarterback and the best option. They need to let go of one of those first rd picks before the Rams would even think about it.