• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher is set on Sam Bradford in 2015

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh, why wouldnt and why shouldnt the owners make more than the players,it's like with any company, the big shots own the company they are the ones that take all the chances and invest the money to begin with, and they are the ones that take the hit when things don't go right! I'm more on the owners side in any of this. They are the ones taking all the chances, paying someone like Sammie that doesn't produce. Not all, but most of these owners are good business men and have worked hard all their lives and they earned what they have, do I agree how much money they make off
people, maybe not, but at least they earned it, unlike some players, that got their money due to the system that was in place, not because they earned it!

The problem isn't all the players, the owners did bring this on themselves by paying these ridicuous salaries, but the players expect it. Baseball is worse than football, a pitcher can make $1 million and go 10-15 with a 4.5 era and get a raise, that's just
crazy!

The way I see it Sam started earning that 50 million from when he was probably five years old dreaming about playing football in Pop Warner till he was 20 years old and completed his amazing college career. The countless football camps practices time away from home is probably unreal to get to that kind of level and dedication. The Rams paid 50 million for his rights. His accomplishments to that point. Because if they wouldn't have someone else would have. The money amount doesn't matter that's what was set to be the #1 pick. Now what he does in the NFL now is what his second contract will be based on.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Ryan Mallett and Colt McCoy?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it Sam started earning that 50 million from when he was probably five years old dreaming about playing football in Pop Warner till he was 20 years old and completed his amazing college career. The countless football camps practices time away from home is probably unreal to get to that kind of level and dedication. The Rams paid 50 million for his rights. His accomplishments to that point. Because if they wouldn't have someone else would have. The money amount doesn't matter that's what was set to be the #1 pick. Now what he does in the NFL now is what his second contract will be based on.

Coug there are a ton of kids that plan to make it to the NFL, MLB, or whatever. They also put in the work and time, some don't make it, are you saying they got ripped off? There are also a lot of guys that just have God given talent and only need to put in a little work. Most kids love going out and playing a game they love til it's dark outside, going out for every sport in school, putting in countless hours of practice, year round. Sorry, but none of that entitles you to money, even if it is "given" to you, you are still expected to go out and earn it!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must have just gotten up from your nap and dreaming about Sammie? He had a good freshman year, a great sophomore year, that's it, it wasn't "amazing"

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug there are a ton of kids that plan to make it to the NFL, MLB, or whatever. They also put in the work and time, some don't make it, are you saying they got ripped off? There are also a lot of guys that just have God given talent and only need to put in a little work. Most kids love going out and playing a game they love til it's dark outside, going out for every sport in school, putting in countless hours of practice, year round. Sorry, but none of that entitles you to money, even if it is "given" to you, you are still expected to go out and earn it!
Sounds like my beer drinking career. I put in a lot of hard work almost made it to the bigges but blew out my front two tires and lost my car keys still haven't found them. So close.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I've been saying that, and I've suspected it for some time now!
I'm fine with this as long as we still pick up a QB in the second/third round. We can't gamble that Bradford will stay healthy.
You must have just gotten up from your nap and dreaming about Sammie? He had a good freshman year, a great sophomore year, that's it, it wasn't "amazing"

Yeah tell it to his Heisman trophy. :nono: It was a good nap.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I'm not saying they got ripped off. they simply wernt good enough like Sam. "It doesn't entitle you to money"? Well there's this thing called professional sports that disagrees.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with this as long as we still pick up a QB in the second/third round. We can't gamble that Bradford will stay healthy.

I really hope they don't do this. After JW & MM there is a huge drop off in QB talent. Todd McShea said 3rd or 4th Rd grades at best. IMO and I know it's tough but you do what you did last year. Ride Sam one more time get 3 STARTERS with those picks! next year we won't have Sam's contract to deal with if he doesn't work out. Get your QB then when The free-agent market will be good or We will have all of our draft picks to go get one in the draft. Imagine how good our team will be if we hit on those picks. What does a guy sitting on the bench this year really going to do for us?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah tell it to his Heisman trophy. :nono: It was a good nap.

And there you go again bringing up his Heisman, again, most guys that have won a Heisman have not turned out to be very good NFL players. He played in a conference that was pass happy that year and he put up some big numbers on a great team! I've already given you the long list of Heisman failures in the NFL, it speaks for itself, oh except for Archie Griffen who won it twice and went on to a HOF career in the NFL, oh wait a minute, no he didn't!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like my beer drinking career. I put in a lot of hard work almost made it to the bigges but blew out my front two tires and lost my car keys still haven't found them. So close.

Just because you cant go on the road, doesn't mean you can't schedule all your games at home!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ners-and-losers-from-the-nfl-scouting-combine
"Six months ago, we thought Bradford would be forced take a big pay cut or get released. Now it appears there could be another option. The quarterback market is so thin that other teams could be willing to offer something up for Bradford in a trade. He's far more likely to stay in St. Louis, but he might not have to take less than his scheduled $12.95 million this season despite two ACL surgeries in as many seasons.

The Rams might want to reduce Bradford's salary, but perhaps other teams would be willing to pay the freight."

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they don't do this. After JW & MM there is a huge drop off in QB talent. Todd McShea said 3rd or 4th Rd grades at best. IMO and I know it's tough but you do what you did last year. Ride Sam one more time get 3 STARTERS with those picks! next year we won't have Sam's contract to deal with if he doesn't work out. Get your QB then when The free-agent market will be good or We will have all of our draft picks to go get one in the draft. Imagine how good our team will be if we hit on those picks. What does a guy sitting on the bench this year really going to do for us?

At this point, I'm fine with going with(not "riding" Sammy like you want to) Sammie. The Rams are committed to him if he is with the team, a FA or rookie QB isn't going to replace him. As you said roll with him this year, if or when it doesn't work out, draft a better QB next year, we need Olineman, PERIOD, no matter who is our QB!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you go again bringing up his Heisman, again, most guys that have won a Heisman have not turned out to be very good NFL players. He played in a conference that was pass happy that year and he put up some big numbers on a great team! I've already given you the long list of Heisman failures in the NFL, it speaks for itself, oh except for Archie Griffen who won it twice and went on to a HOF career in the NFL, oh wait a minute, no he didn't!

Again his contract was based on what he did in college which included the Heisman.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As last resort backups, sure! McCoy has done alright, not sure on Mallet!

Just because you cant go on the road, doesn't mean you can't schedule all your games at home!
Yeah that was the same night I called the state troopers to report somebody stole my weed. I found it in the backseat right where I left it under the meth, just as the troopers pulled up. Protect and serve my as.....

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ners-and-losers-from-the-nfl-scouting-combine
"Six months ago, we thought Bradford would be forced take a big pay cut or get released. Now it appears there could be another option. The quarterback market is so thin that other teams could be willing to offer something up for Bradford in a trade. He's far more likely to stay in St. Louis, but he might not have to take less than his scheduled $12.95 million this season despite two ACL surgeries in as many seasons.

Sorry, I don't see any other team that would be willing to pay $13 mil for a QB that hasn't played in a year and a half, coming off an injury, and who really hasn't done much when he is healthy! Of course it's not my money, and they can pay him whatever they want, but that's just not good business!

The Rams might want to reduce Bradford's salary, but perhaps other teams would be willing to pay the freight."

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was the same night I called the state troopers to report somebody stole my weed. I found it in the backseat right where I left it under the meth, just as the troopers pulled up. Protect and serve my as.....

I don't know about serving my ass, but I do always protect it! That's a one way road that nobody is going down!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking your Eagles have enough issues for you to worry about what our Rams are or aren't doing! The Eagles should have won their division easily last year!

I wasn't hatin'. Just saying that with a better QB the Rams would be pretty formidable.

And yes, we should have won. If Foles had stayed healthy, I think we would have.