• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Glazer on Brown and Carson

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need pass rush yes, I get that, but we have it. Our pass rush has been really good. No other way around that. Consistantly really good. We need a S and bad. We also need a RB, #2 WR, OL all before we need more pass rush. And since Sims is a FA after this year I would argue a run stuffing DT more than a pass rusher.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Flaming was 11 pass rushers and no CBs or safeties. Or RBs or WRs for that matter. He clearly doesn't understand that while pass rushers are great, you can't have absolute junk at the other positions.

Way to put words into my mouth.

Outside of QB, you build the inside first and then work your way out. It's been this way since forever, and hasn't changed.

We have never done this. Ever. Which is why we always suck. Mikey boy - apparently like you and Tubbs as well - love your skill players.

Especially now that more teams are moving to the pass, a pass rush is that much more important. Fortunately for us, we don't have absolute junk at other positions. The first quarter of the 49ers game, we were absolutely DOMINATING in the trenches and the supposed garbage we have in the secondary needed absolutely no help as the QB was getting no daylight to get clean passes off. We need a better and more consistent pass rush and everyone will start looking better.

CB and S are important as well - and even more so since it is now a passing league - but not before we build up front.

Early 2010 we had Joseph, Hall, and Pacman back there in the nickel and we were getting abused against the pass because there wasn't a pass rush in sight. No matter who you have back there, if you can't CONSISTENTLY get to the QB, you're going to pay.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our pass rush is fine. Our 3rd ranked D and 7 against the pass says so. We would be top 5 agaisnt the pass if we had someone who could cover the TE. We are fine in the pass rush department. Johnson has turned it on this year, Dunlap is good, Fanene has looked good, Atkins and Peko are getting a lot of pressure. We need S, O-Linemen, a RB, a 2nd WR, and a #2 CB all WAY before we look at a pass rusher. And I'm aware you are getting whipped. You should be used to it by now troll.

You can't just arbitrarily throw numbers out there and claim they mean something.

There was 2009, and then 2010 happened.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to buy into our pass rush just yet. We haven't exactly faced a murder's row of offense at this point. Let's wait to see what Fitzy and the Bills do before we decide that all of these guys that used to struggle to get to the qb can now do so on a consistent basis.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, and have said in the past that we needed to replace Geathers at DE because he sucks. I'm fine with building from the inside, but it can't be a pass rusher every year. If the pass rush keeps up, then we're better off finding a replacement for Crocker than a guy who will only play on 3rd downs.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have yet to see a real investment in the pass rush. We got lucky with Dunlap, but he was still only a 4th round pick. Michael Johnson was a 3rd round pick and coming out was a 3-4 OLB. With those late picks and reaches, if you get any more than a situational guy, consider yourself lucky. Atkins who I believe was a 2nd round pick is the only guy you can really make an argument for as an real investment.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doesn't mean they aren't good. If you get lucky and get quality guys late, they're still quality guys.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have yet to see a real investment in the pass rush. We got lucky with Dunlap, but he was still only a 4th round pick. Michael Johnson was a 3rd round pick and coming out was a 3-4 OLB. With those late picks and reaches, if you get any more than a situational guy, consider yourself lucky. Atkins who I believe was a 2nd round pick is the only guy you can really make an argument for as an real investment.

Dunlap was a 2nd and Atkins was a 4th

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"With those late picks and reaches, if you get any more than a situational guy, consider yourself lucky."

Same as with RBs.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Doesn't mean they aren't good. If you get lucky and get quality guys late, they're still quality guys.

You had said:

"I'm fine with building from the inside, but it can't be a pass rusher every year."

The point was, it has never been a pass rusher. The closest we've gotten is (as ROR corrected me) Dunlap with a 2nd rounder. And that was only once.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"With those late picks and reaches, if you get any more than a situational guy, consider yourself lucky."

Same as with RBs.

Not even close. Around 10 teams have undrafted RBs playing a significant role. 2 more teams have 6th and 7th rounders. Not to mention RB isn't even as close to an important position as any in the front 7.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
eh, after seeing this report is attributed to some no-name guy (with no network contacts) on twitter with 1000 followers, i'm definatley calling BS....

the Dolphins are 0-3, 3 games back in their division, and 2 games back (of 2 teams) for second place... all 3 losses were within the conference which is horrible for tiebreaking purposes as well...

their QB play has been servicable...

they have probably have to go 11-2 (10-3 at least) to make the postseason. why are they the team bidding on Palmer right now?

it sounds like some random twitter-er took Peter King's congecture on Palmer's value and the Phins interest and created a rumour around it

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had said:

"I'm fine with building from the inside, but it can't be a pass rusher every year."

The point was, it has never been a pass rusher. The closest we've gotten is (as ROR corrected me) Dunlap with a 2nd rounder. And that was only once.

Well they did take Justin Smith in the first, maybe that scared them off:)

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
eh, after seeing this report is attributed to some no-name guy (with no network contacts) on twitter with 1000 followers, i'm definatley calling BS....

the Dolphins are 0-3, 3 games back in their division, and 2 games back (of 2 teams) for second place... all 3 losses were within the conference which is horrible for tiebreaking purposes as well...

their QB play has been servicable...

they have probably have to go 11-2 (10-3 at least) to make the postseason. why are they the team bidding on Palmer right now?

it sounds like some random twitter-er took Peter King's congecture on Palmer's value and the Phins interest and created a rumour around it

I figured as much. I don't see any way SF or even Seattle wouldn't jump in with a 2nd round pick right away, especially with what SF has been rumored to have offered.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Pollack was meant to be a pass-rusher..... Marvin also wanted Manny Lawson as a sack guy years ago (too bad Manny never turned into one!).

Marv seems to like the idea of taking a guy and making him play out of position. Michael Johnson's development was probably stunted because we tried to make him an OLB. Pollack's career probably ended due to be switched to linebacker.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I figured as much. I don't see any way SF or even Seattle wouldn't jump in with a 2nd round pick right away, especially with what SF has been rumored to have offered.

if SF was as interested as the Palmer crew on the Bengals board said they were before the season started, they're still the perfect canidate..

their bye week is week 7, so they could trade for Palmer right before the deadline and then prep him for 2-3 weeks and start right after the bye... that's perfect timing

since Palmer wants to play on the west coast according to all sorts of reports, he'd probably restructre his deal for them...

logically it's the best fit