• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jared Allen to the Bears

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it is essentially a 3 year - $24 million deal with a team option for a 4th year. $15.5 million signing bonus is just something we could not match and I am glad we didn't.

We need that money elsewhere.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you talking about? Notice I didn't say any such thing above about this situation and I'm a die hard Husky fan. Not sure what college ball has to do with anything, but your comments are way off base as I've never seen that. I'd challenge you to prove your comments, but we know cougs don't back up their rhetoric so it would be a waste of time.

Fucking worthless trolls. :tsk:

Take a step back, breath in. Reread WHO EXACTLY I WAS QUOTING AND WHAT THAT PERSON SAID.

Then come back and apologize for jumping down my throat internet tough guy.

God, I just made a comparison and you get all defensive...... And for my cougs dont back up their rhetoric, go back and look at all the crap dawgman.com said about Bishop Sankey when he originally committed to WSU 3 years ago.... then look at the 180 they took when he decomm'ed and committed to uw.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So essentially, after taking a shot at me for being a Huskies fan, you agree that we didn't need him anyway? Typical stupid Coug.

And, no, the Bears do not have a good team, they are mediocre at best. They might make the playoffs, but are not going to win or even go to any SBs anytime in the next 3-4 years that Allen will be on the team.

Your post just sounded pretty arrogant which is why I posted what I did. "he's been in the league for 10 years and never played for a winner guess he doesn't care about winning just money" Well he hasn't won a superbowl but minny has had some decent teams and its not like he signed with the Raiders. Chicago has as good a shot as any next year in a league of parity (HELLO KC, Carolina, and philly last year)

"typical stupid coug" Yup, if you can't make any good points, start name calling......atta boy.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen want's the dinero.. So be it… He's a good player but he's also gonna be 32 soon so he's gonna lose a step in the next year or 2 … I still would a liked having him though for a short contract… But oh well let's move forward…Were gonna be fine regardless… Allen's chance for a ring in his career just took a big hit though…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears finished 30th in total defense last year … Take out Peppers put in Allen… Not much of and improvement… I doubt that moves does much for them in there position… Bears need to get younger not older… Allen would a fit in WAY better with our D right now…. 4 year contract ? NO way in hell does he finish 4 years there… He's gonna play 1 maybe 2 years there… The guaranteed 15 Mil is why he went there… Period… That makes him the highest paid Bears defensive player right now…

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gowazzu- you did open with a shot at Husky fans with your comment. I don't know what you expected but by doing so you should expect backlash on this board.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a step back, breath in. Reread WHO EXACTLY I WAS QUOTING AND WHAT THAT PERSON SAID.

Then come back and apologize for jumping down my throat internet tough guy.

God, I just made a comparison and you get all defensive...... And for my cougs dont back up their rhetoric, go back and look at all the crap dawgman.com said about Bishop Sankey when he originally committed to WSU 3 years ago.... then look at the 180 they took when he decomm'ed and committed to uw.

You didn't make a statement to one poster, you called out ALL husky fans. YOU go back and read what you said again. When you come up to a Seahawk form and slam a college team that probably 3/4 of the fans up here follow I'm not sure how you can expect to not face backlash from it. That's almost as stupid as the Husky QB physically attacking Seahawks fans after the SB in the city of Seattle.

Your garbage about UW doesn't belong up here. PERIOD. However, if you still try to bring that crap up here don't be surprised when someone else rams it down your throat. I'd tell a dawg fan to keep that stuff off of here as well if they were bringing up stuff about the cougs. This is a pro football board and the topic at hand has NOTHING at all to do with college sports.

Apologize to you after you blanket attack all of Husky nation on this thread? :laugh3: You really must be drunk.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Jarrod Allen signing with the Bears. We still have extra money for our key players due very soon with contracts and the draft which PC/JS can easily add players to the line. What I would like to see with the money now is possibly getting a deal worked for Russell Wilson and hopefully finished before Kaepernick gets his done since he's looking for 18-20 mil range. Seattle won without Jarrod Allen so it's not like we lost a massive FA to the Bears. We may have lost a bunch of players, but the core of the team is still intact and the draft will help fill those voids.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post just sounded pretty arrogant which is why I posted what I did. "he's been in the league for 10 years and never played for a winner guess he doesn't care about winning just money" Well he hasn't won a superbowl but minny has had some decent teams and its not like he signed with the Raiders. Chicago has as good a shot as any next year in a league of parity (HELLO KC, Carolina, and philly last year)

"typical stupid coug" Yup, if you can't make any good points, start name calling......atta boy.

Was what he said wrong? Sure it was. However you then responding by attacking all of Husky nation and then finishing this post with "if you can't make any good points, start name calling" is laughable.

How about two wrongs don't make a right? He calls you a name so you do the same and can't understand why others might throw it back in your face. :L

Both of you need to knock that stuff off and leave college for the college boards.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Jarrod Allen signing with the Bears. We still have extra money for our key players due very soon with contracts and the draft which PC/JS can easily add players to the line. What I would like to see with the money now is possibly getting a deal worked for Russell Wilson and hopefully finished before Kaepernick gets his done since he's looking for 18-20 mil range. Seattle won without Jarrod Allen so it's not like we lost a massive FA to the Bears. We may have lost a bunch of players, but the core of the team is still intact and the draft will help fill those voids.

Yep… We couldn't overpay for the guy… He's been a good player but at 32 years old he's not gonna be the same soon… 4 year contract is something that will not be fulfilled… 15 Mil guaranteed is why he signed… In his eyes he just got 15 mil for next year … Bears just switched aging player at DE …

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we done crying now?

:bawling:

Now back to football.......

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that's fair to say.

4 years 34 million with 15m guaranteed PLUS knowing he will be playing full time instead of on a rotational defense was more attractive to him.

How many of you would honestly pass that up for 2 years 12m with nothing but the signing bonus guaranteed in year 2? Seriously, how many? If you are taking off your homer glasses for a minute then ALL of you would take the deal he did and not think twice about it. The fact it took this long for him to come to that decision means he really did think long and hard about passing up that money to play for a winner.

This. Plus, it is not like the Bears have a bad team. I can see the Bears winning 10 games in 2014, the fact that he took this long to decide between the Seahawks and 2 years $12m or the Bears at 4 years $36m really shows something. If I were him, I wouldn't even need to think about it.

Wish him the best of luck in Chicago. On the bright side, this gives us some more money to roll over for next year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Allen's decision to sign with Chicago I hope we can land Sidney Rice on at least a one year minimal contract; along with extensions for ET & Sherm of course. Always wanted to see Harvin & Sid across from each other in Seattle.

Hopefully we see it for more than just one game.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record... Schofield signed with the Giants, so the Hawks can't re-sign him.

As far as Allen signing with Chicago goes... it's fine. I would have preferred if he'd signed here obviously, but he did what most people would do and I can't fault him for that. It's not like losing out on him means we're going to have a terrible defensive line, it just won't be "poop your pants" scary good like it could have been with him. Besides, wide receiver and offensive line were the more pressing matters anyway. I'm just glad he made a decision and we don't have to sit here and wonder anymore.

Last thing... how much of a factor do you think having the opportunity to go up against the Vikings twice a year was in making his decision?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record... Schofield signed with the Giants, so the Hawks can't re-sign him.

As far as Allen signing with Chicago goes... it's fine. I would have preferred if he'd signed here obviously, but he did what most people would do and I can't fault him for that. It's not like losing out on him means we're going to have a terrible defensive line, it just won't be "poop your pants" scary good like it could have been with him. Besides, wide receiver and offensive line were the more pressing matters anyway. I'm just glad he made a decision and we don't have to sit here and wonder anymore.

Last thing... how much of a factor do you think having the opportunity to go up against the Vikings twice a year was in making his decision?

That is a possibility, although I don't know that he has any bad feelings for the Vikings and I'm not sure why he would either.

I think that the main factor was the fact that the Bears offered 4 years $32m and the Seahawks only offered 2 years $12m. The Bears have a good team and if I were him I'd have to take that deal.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could also be that they thought about keeping the family where it was and not moving since he would only be 3-4 hours away.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a possibility, although I don't know that he has any bad feelings for the Vikings and I'm not sure why he would either.

I think that the main factor was the fact that the Bears offered 4 years $32m and the Seahawks only offered 2 years $12m. The Bears have a good team and if I were him I'd have to take that deal.

I don't think there necessarily needs to be bad feelings to want to prove to your old team that you still have it a couple times a year. I don't think it was his main motivation for signing with the Bears, but call it an added perk.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the extra playing time was as much of a factor as the difference in money. He wants to be out there on the field and who can blame him for that? The 'fit' and need might have been better there even if the temptation to go after a ring with us did have him thinking long and hard about it for nearly a week.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants voided Schofields contract citing a "failed Physical" Which i think is code word for got absolutely tore up for signing a guy that played as little as OBS did last year to the contract they did....

I think he's still now available.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants voided Schofields contract citing a "failed Physical" Which i think is code word for got absolutely tore up for signing a guy that played as little as OBS did last year to the contract they did....

I think he's still now available.

I missed that. Thanks. If he failed the physical for a legit reason, fine, but if the "failed physical" was just a cover to give the Giants a reason to void a contract that they suddenly regretted agreeing to, then something ought to be done to make sure that teams can't keep doing that. Every "failed" physical should be scrutinized by an independent doctor or panel of doctors to make sure that teams aren't using them as an excuse to back out of deals that they regretted agreeing to for non-medical reasons. There are already enough ways built into the CBA for teams to get out of bad or regretted contracts years before they're set to expire naturally, but if they're going to be stupid with their money, they shouldn't be able to get a reprieve that easily. If he signs somewhere else, most likely for less money now, and manages to pass that team's physical, then it should be seen as fishy that he didn't pass New York's physical.