• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jared Allen to the Bears

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer. But appears its pure money with the guy.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's taking care of his family first, and can't blame him. Would have been nice to land him, but we'll be just fine. Scruggs, Williams, Hill, and others via this draft will fill any possible voids on the line. I don't see Avril taking a bigger role as a problem either, and Bennett isn't a slouch. This years line may not be last years, but it's still better than two years ago when we had obvious issues.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been nice, but he was purely a luxury for us and not a need. I'm more bummed about us not signing any FA's while losing people more so then Allen not signing. We won't be as deep and Allen has to play for the Bears. I guess there's two losers in that scenario.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more bummed about us not signing any FA's while losing people more so then Allen not signing. We won't be as deep and Allen has to play for the Bears.
I wouldn't be too bummed tzorn. Yes, we lost some depth but we do have TWO draft classes to fill the void. The competition between both classes will be great to watch, and with the history of PC/JS within these types of competitions I think we'll fare just fine. Keep in mind that we've upgraded the WR corp already with a healthy Harvin, retained a solid starting D-line by keeping Bennett, and still have our franchise QB in place. Nothing to worry about, all is still good!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I dunno why, but for some reason I thought he had already signed with you guys?

I'll take it.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would think at some point after 10+ years in the league, a guy might want to play for a winner? I guess he would rather just play for money. Oh well, we didn't need him anyway, it would have just been a nice addition if we could have got him cheap.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Allen so I'm not happy he went to the Bears. I still wish him good luck though. I'd love to see he him finish in the top 3 when his career is over. He's earned it.

I knew there was no way he would leave millions on the table and retire. He made it clear he wanted money and was willing to punish his body some more. It was just a question of who would pay the most.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too bummed tzorn. Yes, we lost some depth but we do have TWO draft classes to fill the void. The competition between both classes will be great to watch, and with the history of PC/JS within these types of competitions I think we'll fare just fine. Keep in mind that we've upgraded the WR corp already with a healthy Harvin, retained a solid starting D-line by keeping Bennett, and still have our franchise QB in place. Nothing to worry about, all is still good!

I'm not to worried about it and I know Carroll and Schneider seem to pull good players out of thin air, but I guess I would have been more comfortable with a proven player or two at this point. A healthy Harvin is a temporary solution in my eyes. I can't see him making an entire season without getting hurt. I have no confidence in him at all actually. We need to address the WR and O-Line issues for sure. Now Chancellors having some type of hip surgery or something, so I can't help but to have some concerns.

Hope for the best and lets still enjoy the fact that we are the Superbowl champions in the mean time.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not to worried about it and I know Carroll and Schneider seem to pull good players out of thin air, but I guess I would have been more comfortable with a proven player or two at this point. A healthy Harvin is a temporary solution in my eyes. I can't see him making an entire season without getting hurt. I have no confidence in him at all actually. We need to address the WR and O-Line issues for sure. Now Chancellors having some type of hip surgery or something, so I can't help but to have some concerns.

Hope for the best and lets still enjoy the fact that we are the Superbowl champions in the mean time.

Chancellor tweeted yesterday that he is fine and isn't having any surgery. That report may have been false. Lots of that going on lately <cough, cough> Jared Allen <cough>

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is fine. 98% of players are the same way. But don't play it off like winning a ring, the coaching staff or being in a familiar area is what matters most. Most of the Bears defense is over 30 now so they have a tight window to make something happen.

Glad we didn't match that. I would rather extend Avril with that money who is much younger.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's about what my job is to me. I don't blame a guy for taking the money, especially when the career is so short and brutal on the body.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure that's fair to say.

4 years 34 million with 15m guaranteed PLUS knowing he will be playing full time instead of on a rotational defense was more attractive to him.

How many of you would honestly pass that up for 2 years 12m with nothing but the signing bonus guaranteed in year 2? Seriously, how many? If you are taking off your homer glasses for a minute then ALL of you would take the deal he did and not think twice about it. The fact it took this long for him to come to that decision means he really did think long and hard about passing up that money to play for a winner.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think at some point after 10+ years in the league, a guy might want to play for a winner? I guess he would rather just play for money. Oh well, we didn't need him anyway, it would have just been a nice addition if we could have got him cheap.

LOL typical comment I see when im looking at the husky recruiting posts, if he chooses to go elsewhere "we didn't want him anyway!""

LOL

The bears have a good team, interesting that they cut peppers bloated contract only to sign Allen to a similar deal (money wise, i bet its structured differently)

Oh well, go resign Schofield to a cheap contract. Take the 6 mill we were gonna give allen and resign Sherm and ET.

Then go play with the 7 or so draft picks we have this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL typical comment I see when im looking at the husky recruiting posts, if he chooses to go elsewhere "we didn't want him anyway!""

LOL

The bears have a good team, interesting that they cut peppers bloated contract only to sign Allen to a similar deal (money wise, i bet its structured differently)

Oh well, go resign Schofield to a cheap contract. Take the 6 mill we were gonna give allen and resign Sherm and ET.

What the fuck are you talking about? Notice I didn't say any such thing above about this situation and I'm a die hard Husky fan. Not sure what college ball has to do with anything, but your comments are way off base as I've never seen that. I'd challenge you to prove your comments, but we know cougs don't back up their rhetoric so it would be a waste of time.

Fucking worthless trolls. :tsk:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Allen's decision to sign with Chicago I hope we can land Sidney Rice on at least a one year minimal contract; along with extensions for ET & Sherm of course. Always wanted to see Harvin & Sid across from each other in Seattle.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

So essentially, after taking a shot at me for being a Huskies fan, you agree that we didn't need him anyway? Typical stupid Coug.

And, no, the Bears do not have a good team, they are mediocre at best. They might make the playoffs, but are not going to win or even go to any SBs anytime in the next 3-4 years that Allen will be on the team.