• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jameis Winston

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn we are starting to agree with each other so much that pretty soon we'll be finishing each others sentences like an old married couple.:suds:

:agree:

Unfortunately I think our "relationship" would be a lot more :argue: and :deadhorse: and :stfu: than :kiss:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but I still think it is the college's job to offer him an education (you can't make him take it) and it is the coach's job to tech him how to play football. It is his parents' job to teach him to be a man. Just my opinion though.

I also agree with you that its the parents job to teach him but when these kids are away from their parents for 4 years the coaches take on the responsibility to take over as their guardians(in a way). In a lot of recruiting these coaches tell their parents that they will take care of them and teach them right/wrong and prep them for the next step in life. When parents give the ok for the child to pick a school its because they feel comfortable that the coaching staff will take care of them and watch over them.

Now I do agree most blame falls on the kid, he needs to make the right choices but again these are young kids that need guidance.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree with you that its the parents job to teach him but when these kids are away from their parents for 4 years the coaches take on the responsibility to take over as their guardians(in a way). In a lot of recruiting these coaches tell their parents that they will take care of them and teach them right/wrong and prep them for the next step in life. When parents give the ok for the child to pick a school its because they feel comfortable that the coaching staff will take care of them and watch over them.

Now I do agree most blame falls on the kid, he needs to make the right choices but again these are young kids that need guidance.

If you said it was the college's job to do that for every student then I might agree to an extent, but if its just for the athletes who make a ton of money for the school, I cannot.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the time you're 18 you should know that r*pe is wrong. Allegedly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If you're an 18 year old potential star you may not realize there are a lot of gold diggers out there that want to take advantage of you. I haven't read a single word about this so I can't say he did it or didn't but it seems a lot these guys find themselves in this situation and someone explaining reality that just because a girl says yes tonight doesn't mean she won't tell someone she said no tomorrow provided she doesn't get a piece of the pie. It's a sad world but young athletes have to basically get written consent these days to protect themselves.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're an 18 year old potential star you may not realize there are a lot of gold diggers out there that want to take advantage of you. I haven't read a single word about this so I can't say he did it or didn't but it seems a lot these guys find themselves in this situation and someone explaining reality that just because a girl says yes tonight doesn't mean she won't tell someone she said no tomorrow provided she doesn't get a piece of the pie. It's a sad world but young athletes have to basically get written consent these days to protect themselves.

They find themselves in these situations because they put themselves in these situations. No one has ever said "no" to these athletes before and they think they can do what they want.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again I agree with you. College is still suppose to be a insinuation that is suppose to prep these kids. Don't get me wrong the player gets a lot of the blame but there is blame to go all around. Kid, Parents, Coaches, and the college it self.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been following this story and I'm not sure how sex works but couldn't she have procured his semen without him raping her?

Or did they say he wasn't even in the same room as her at any point that night?

ESPN actually took down the article (which is weird) after the DNA check came back. But in the article the quote from his lawyer sounded like they had witnesses who were going to say he couldn't have even been there.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You haven't read a single word about it, yet you reference gold diggers?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jameis Winston - QB - Seminoles

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston completed 14 of 25 attempts for 225 yards and four touchdowns in the school's 80-14 win over Idaho.

Winston has been in the news for alleged off the field events over the last few weeks. Many have suggested Winston could fall out of the Heisman race because of it. Honestly, we don't really care. It would be great to see a Winston led FSU team face Alabama, but more important things need to be worked out in the meantime.

Nov 24 - 10:09 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Florida state attorney Willie Meggs told Fox Sports that a decision on whether or not to charge FSU redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston won't come until next week at the earliest.

And it "might well be" delayed until the week of Dec. 9, according to Meggs. Winston has been accused of sexual battery. If he isn't charged, Winston has a chance to win both a National Championship and the Heisman Trophy.
Source: Jon Morosi on Twitter

Nov 27 - 12:27 AM

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida state attorney Willie Meggs told Fox Sports that a decision on whether or not to charge FSU redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston won't come until next week at the earliest.

And it "might well be" delayed until the week of Dec. 9, according to Meggs. Winston has been accused of sexual battery. If he isn't charged, Winston has a chance to win both a National Championship and the Heisman Trophy.
Source: Jon Morosi on Twitter

Nov 27 - 12:27 AM

That's the way the system works. Especially if you have a lot of influential people behind you.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Heisman trustees would determine what, if anything, happens if Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston is charged after voting ends, according to ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

McMurphy was told as much from a Heisman Trophy coordinator. This seems like new territory for the award, even though there was some questions around Cam Newton's campaign during the 2010 season. Other reports state a decision on possibly charging Winston will not occur until after the ACC Championship and Heisman ceremony.
Source: Brett McMurphy on Twitter

Nov 27 - 2:04 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston extended his first-place lead in the penultimate HeismanPundit straw poll released on Tuesday.

Seven of 10 first-place votes were cast for Winston. Northern Illinois' Jordan Lynch, who ranked second in the poll, six points behind Winston, received the other three first-place votes. Lynch finished fourth in last week's poll. Boston College running back Andre Williams dropped from second to a tie for seventh this week. Alabama's AJ McCarron and Ohio State's Braxton Miller are currently tied for third. "This is the toughest vote I can recall," said one voter. "I'm going to wait until the 11th hour (to make my decision)."
Source: HeismanPundit

Dec 3 - 8:02 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston will not be charged by Florida police.

Florida state attorney Willie Meggs made the announcement, which confirmed a previous report by ESPN radio's. Jeff Cameron noted the accuser posted a .046 blood alcohol level and did not have any drugs in her system after the sexual assault accusation was made. Meggs added that there were several people in the room when the event occurred. Florida State will travel to Charlotte tonight for the ACC Championship game, which will be played on Saturday against Duke.
Source: Sportscenter on Twitter

Dec 5 - 1:42 PM

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston will not be charged by Florida police.

Florida state attorney Willie Meggs made the announcement, which confirmed a previous report by ESPN radio's. Jeff Cameron noted the accuser posted a .046 blood alcohol level and did not have any drugs in her system after the sexual assault accusation was made. Meggs added that there were several people in the room when the event occurred. Florida State will travel to Charlotte tonight for the ACC Championship game, which will be played on Saturday against Duke.
Source: Sportscenter on Twitter

Dec 5 - 1:42 PM

Haven't really been keeping up with this story but does the fact that people were in the room when the "event" occurred mean people were watching Winston have consensual sex with her? What exactly is the "event?"

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haven't really been keeping up with this story but does the fact that people were in the room when the "event" occurred mean people were watching Winston have consensual sex with her? What exactly is the "event?"

Nothing much has been disclosed about the details of this case. So you haven't really missed too much.

Well it appears that way?! semen on her panties, multiple witnessess in the room, she was not drunk as she had initially reported. All we can do is speculate. Sounds like a "truth or dare game" gone bad. Again, I'm speculating here...perhaps the "dare" was for him to hump on her naked. He then without her consent, took it too far by sticking it in?? She allowed it to happen and wanted it to happen to some extent. Now the event got worse when her reputation on campus (again multiple witnesses) saw her have sex with one of the big time recruits/football players on campus. She wanted to clear her name and said that it happened because she was so drunk, and did not know what is going on. She became depress because her name continued to surface around campus as the Queen groupie. She cried about it, confided in her parents who then told her she needed to make a police report and press charges. Still I'm not quite sure as to why one of the witnessess (the one cooraborated Winston's story lied about Winston not being there)? Unless I misread that part? The semen proved beyond reasonable doubt that Winston was there on that crazy night.