• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jameis Winston

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Famous Jameis today against undefeated Maryland: 23/32 393 yards and 5 tds. His season passing totals to date are 1,441 yards 17 tds and 2 ints with a completion percentage of 73.3%. Not too bad of a start to your freshman year.

Florida State is now 5 - 0, 3 - 0 in conference.

If he goes into death valley and pulls out a win and has a pretty good game I have to believe he will be the favorite for the Heisman

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes into death valley and pulls out a win and has a pretty good game I have to believe he will be the favorite for the Heisman

I would vote for him at this point. Although it will be hard for a freshman to win it over guys like Bridgewater, McCarron and Manziel (who the media has a Tebowesque love for).

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would vote for him at this point. Although it will be hard for a freshman to win it over guys like Bridgewater, McCarron and Manziel (who the media has a Tebowesque love for).

True but as we saw last year with Manziel beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa last year if a freshman can go into a highly hostile crowd preform and come out with a win there is a great chance for a Heisman. Mccarron won't get the recognition he deserves since he is considered a game manager on a power house team. Manziel won't win back to back that is holy grail stuff and he already was the 1st freshman to win it and we see how he handled that Bridgewater is a great QB but won't have the resume that famous Jamies will have if he beats Clemson, Miami, & Florida with 2 of those games away

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jameis Winston - QB - Seminoles

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston completed 23 of 32 attempts for 393 yards and five touchdowns against Maryland.

The game is still going on, but Winston is done for the day after leading the Noles to a 49-0 lead in just over three quarters. Winston's poise is unreal, show excellent pocket movement and downfield placement. His vertical shots aren't on a rope, but Winston's accuracy is outstanding. He added 24 rushing yards, and Winston is a legitimate Heisman contender.

Oct 5 - 2:49 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks believes that Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston "is the future at the quarterback position."

"Winston is the dynamic athlete with polished pocket passing skills NFL offensive coordinators have coveted for years at the position," Brooks writes. "He can rifle balls into tight windows with superb pace, yet also shows exceptional touch, accuracy and ball placement on intermediate and deep throws. Winston's ability to alter the tempo and trajectory on his passes is uncommon for a player with little major-college experience." Winston has completed 72-percent of his passes this season while posting a spectacular 17/2 TD/INT ratio. Even so, Brooks believes the 6-foot-4, 228 pounder has a few things to work on: "The freshman sensation must show future opponents that he can decipher pre-snap disguises and find open receivers against late-moving coverage."
Source: NFL.com

Oct 8 - 5:31 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston's Stats: 1,885 yards, 20 tds, 3 ints

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but as we saw last year with Manziel beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa last year if a freshman can go into a highly hostile crowd preform and come out with a win there is a great chance for a Heisman. Mccarron won't get the recognition he deserves since he is considered a game manager on a power house team. Manziel won't win back to back that is holy grail stuff and he already was the 1st freshman to win it and we see how he handled that Bridgewater is a great QB but won't have the resume that famous Jamies will have if he beats Clemson, Miami, & Florida with 2 of those games away

:10: :yahoo: That guy knows what he is talking bout

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heisman was a 5 QB race with Mariota, Johnny Football, Famous Jameis, Boyd and Bridgewater. But with 3 of those QBs losing this week I think its down to Mariota and Jameis right now.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think Mack Brown should be out of a head coaching job.

Turning down Andrew Luck, RGIII, and now Jameis Winston is seriously dumb.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heisman was a 5 QB race with Mariota, Johnny Football, Famous Jameis, Boyd and Bridgewater. But with 3 of those QBs losing this week I think its down to Mariota and Jameis right now.

Agreed at this point in the season. Slight edge to Mariota- just because he had some Heisman hype and momentum coming into this season.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He ain't never told no lie! And I've said it from the beginning, that Jameis had "Andrew Luck" type potential. Others are echoing that same tone:

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston would be the No. 1 pick if eligible for the 2014 NFL Draft.

Winston is only two years out of high school, so he will not be eligible until 2015. Kiper adds that Winston is being mentioned in a similar way that Andrew Luck was. "He's the difference. He is special," Kiper said. "He has made everyone better at Florida State because of his emergence at that quarterback position." The last point is important, since evaluators always ask if quarterbacks lift the talent surrounding them. We still expect Winston to be picked apart by some evaluators next season.
Source: ESPN

Oct 24 - 1:08 PM

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston's Stats: 1,885 yards, 20 tds, 3 ints

I knew about him and watched his games having some interest in the Noles going back in the 90's (Ward, Vanover, Floyd, Brooks, etc), but the game at Death Valley had me sold.

Truly a unique talent. It's fun to see FSU playing like this once again. If Stanford beats Oregon and FSU survives against Miami and UF, that Bama FSU game would be a dream matchup for me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to be really good.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew about him and watched his games having some interest in the Noles going back in the 90's (Ward, Vanover, Floyd, Brooks, etc), but the game at Death Valley had me sold.

Truly a unique talent. It's fun to see FSU playing like this once again. If Stanford beats Oregon and FSU survives against Miami and UF, that Bama FSU game would be a dream matchup for me.

That is the matchup that I want to see. I believe that FSU can really give those guys a run for their money.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

One NFL scout told Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel that if FSU redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston was eligible, he would be the No. 1 pick in May's draft.

"Rarely, do you see a quarterback at Winston's age who has the combination of size, speed, arm strength and field awareness that he has," the scout said. "He's a bigger, stronger, faster version of (Louisville's) Teddy Bridgewater." We aren't surprised, but we also expect Winston to be nitpicked by some during next year's draft process.
Source: Orlando Sentinel

Oct 30 - 2:24 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Miami baseball coach Jim Morris thinks that Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston could be a first-round pick in both football and baseball.

"I think he's a first-rounder in both sports," Morris said Tuesday. "It's really, really hard in baseball to be able to pitch and to hit, and he might be their best pitcher and their best hitter. And by the way, he's playing football, too, which is amazing." The Texas Rangers selected Winston in the 15th round after he graduated from high school. The third-ranked Seminoles host No. 7 Miami on the gridiron Saturday.
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Oct 29 - 7:59 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl believes you can't teach QBs to handle the pass rush like Florida State redshirt freshman Jameis Winston.

"Winston is oblivious to the rush. Can't teach that," Weidl tweeted. "Toughness and stature to sit in and deliver while absorbing hits." The first year starter really is poised beyond his years, keeping his eyes up while finding operable space to hit targets at every level of the field.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Oct 31 - 10:52 AM