• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jameis Winston

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this kid is going to be a stud. Next year people are going to be fighting for that #1 pick.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jameis Winston - QB - Seminoles

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston has taken the lead in USA Today's Heisman Poll.

Oregon's Marcus Mariota, last week's No. 1, fell to third, followed by Alabama's A.J. McCarron and Baylor's Bryce Petty. The race for the trophy is headlined by Winston and Texas A&M sophomore Johnny Manziel. Source: USA Today

Nov 11 - 7:40 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The Tallahassee Police received a complaint of sexual battery against Florida State University redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston last year.

"No charges have been filed against Winston, and the investigation remains active," The Tallahassee Democrat reports. "An attorney representing Winston denied the allegation." Attorney Tim Jansen added "this case has been going on for over a year. The case was basically closed and we’re not sure why it’s opened up." The report does not mention Winston by name and describes the suspect as between 5 foot 9 and 5 foot 11 tall and 240 pounds. Jameis Winston is 6 foot 4 and 220 pounds.
Source: Tallahassee Democrat

Nov 13 - 7:14 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The decision on whether or not Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston will face charges stemming from a sexual-battery accusation is weeks away, reports The Tallahassee Democrat.

Leon County Chief Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman said a weeks-long time frame was "probably realistic" to conduct an investigation of the allegations. The Tallahassee police received the complaint on Dec. 7, 2012. Winston's attorney Tim Jansen said earlier this week that the case had been closed in February "and we're not sure why it's opened up."
Source: Tallahassee Democrat

Nov 14 - 8:22 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston's lawyer said Thursday that two witnesses with the quarterback last year when an alleged sexual assault occurred will corroborate Winston's story.

Tim Jansen provided police with affidavits from two witnesses earlier this week. "We'll cooperate as much as we can," Jansen said, when asked if Winston would cooperate with police. Winston has passed for 2,661 yards and 26 touchdowns while leading FSU to a 9-0 record.
Source: ESPN.com

Nov 14 - 10:16 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks dropped Oregon redshirt sophomore Marcus Mariota from his No. 1 QB to No. 6 following the school's loss against Stanford.

"The dismal performance raised some concerns about the redshirt sophomore's accuracy, ball placement and awareness," Brooks writes. "Although those issues haven't diminished the groundswell of support Mariota enjoys in NFL circles, it will prompt scouts to do a little more digging on his overall game before anointing him the next great thing at the position." Brooks has moved Florida State redshirt freshman Jameis Winston from the No. 3 spot to No. 1.
Source: NFL.com

Nov 14 - 9:40 AM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks dropped Oregon redshirt sophomore Marcus Mariota from his No. 1 QB to No. 6 following the school's loss against Stanford.

"The dismal performance raised some concerns about the redshirt sophomore's accuracy, ball placement and awareness," Brooks writes. "Although those issues haven't diminished the groundswell of support Mariota enjoys in NFL circles, it will prompt scouts to do a little more digging on his overall game before anointing him the next great thing at the position." Brooks has moved Florida State redshirt freshman Jameis Winston from the No. 3 spot to No. 1.
Source: NFL.com

Nov 14 - 9:40 AM

What an idiot. How do you move someone from your NUMBER ONE QB to NUMBER SIX after ONE GAME? Not that I did before, but now I know that I shouldn't take this guy seriously.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel like when ever a player starts getting a lot of hype they screw up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston's lawyer said Thursday that two witnesses with the quarterback last year when an alleged sexual assault occurred will corroborate Winston's story.

Tim Jansen provided police with affidavits from two witnesses earlier this week. "We'll cooperate as much as we can," Jansen said, when asked if Winston would cooperate with police. Winston has passed for 2,661 yards and 26 touchdowns while leading FSU to a 9-0 record.
Source: ESPN.com

Nov 14 - 10:16 PM

Imagine that! Two of his boys can vouch for his innocence. I'm convinced.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't his lawyer JUST say that they had multiple witnesses that would provide an alibi for him that night? Pretty rough getting caught lying right out of the gate...

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't his lawyer JUST say that they had multiple witnesses that would provide an alibi for him that night? Pretty rough getting caught lying right out of the gate...

I haven't been following this story and I'm not sure how sex works but couldn't she have procured his semen without him raping her?

Or did they say he wasn't even in the same room as her at any point that night?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These young Athletes don't know how to handle fame. I blame the college and the coaches for not preparing these kids. First jonny football and now this kid.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does this drop his draft slot now, and does this affect whether or not you would want him on the 49ers?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These young Athletes don't know how to handle fame. I blame the college and the coaches for not preparing these kids. First jonny football and now this kid.

Its always someone else's fault today. I'm not buying that its the college's responsibility to babysit the player. They are adults first off and second, it is the parent's job to teach them how to conduct themselves, not the school's.

If these guys cannot conduct themselves in a manner that is acceptable in this society then fuck 'em. They lose their opportunity for stardom and the type of life that comes with it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its always someone else's fault today. I'm not buying that its the college's responsibility to babysit the player. They are adults first off and second, it is the parent's job to teach them how to conduct themselves, not the school's.

If these guys cannot conduct themselves in a manner that is acceptable in this society then fuck 'em. They lose their opportunity for stardom and the type of life that comes with it.

I agree with you to some point but you go to college to grow and learn what the next part of life will be like. You are paying a lot of money for them to prep you. Now yes he isn't paying a lot of money but still it is the coaches and Colleges that are suppose to help these young men out.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda with Toby on this one :exploding:

I don't think it's a QB coach's job to teach someone not to (allegedly) r*pe someone else.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you to some point but you go to college to grow and learn what the next part of life will be like. You are paying a lot of money for them to prep you. Now yes he isn't paying a lot of money but still it is the coaches and Colleges that are suppose to help these young men out.

Fair enough, but I still think it is the college's job to offer him an education (you can't make him take it) and it is the coach's job to tech him how to play football. It is his parents' job to teach him to be a man. Just my opinion though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda with Toby on this one :exploding:

I don't think it's a QB coach's job to teach someone not to (allegedly) r*pe someone else.

Damn we are starting to agree with each other so much that pretty soon we'll be finishing each others sentences like an old married couple.:suds: