• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen rose

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tired old argument? Ok. So in our hypothetical, we time-machine a young bird to the present day and let him have the same training and development and offenses as what curry is exposed to nowadays, easy peezy. If you dont think bird would thrive in the present day, you smoke too much dope

If you think Jim Brown is averaging over 5 yards a carry vs these defenses today you can't afford any dope. If you think Jesse Owens is running a 9.74 100m you need more than just dope.

Yes the quality of opposition is a biggie if trying to compare athletes from different areas, Bird vs todays athletes, really? How about Curry back in the day as he is today.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Jim Brown is averaging over 5 yards a carry vs these defenses today you can't afford any dope. If you think Jesse Owens is running a 9.74 100m you need more than just dope.

Yes the quality of opposition is a biggie if trying to compare athletes from different areas, Bird vs todays athletes, really? How about Curry back in the day as he is today.
Why is this such a hard concept for you to process? Are you slow? Again, if you take dominant players from yesteryear, and expose them to modern-day diets, training, supplements, offensive/defensive concepts in the game, etc, its very hard to imagine those players NOT thriving

Oh, and the discussion is concerning basketball, not track or football, just a reminder for you

And, please humor me, what, exactly, about today's NBA'ers is stopping Bird from being great??

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this such a hard concept for you to process? Are you slow? Again, if you take dominant players from yesteryear, and expose them to modern-day diets, training, supplements, offensive/defensive concepts in the game, etc, its very hard to imagine those players NOT thriving

Oh, and the discussion is concerning basketball, not track or football, just a reminder for you

And, please humor me, what, exactly, about today's NBA'ers is stopping Bird from being great??

He’s an idiot, don’t try using logic with him....,

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Humor yourself my man, if you don't get we see Curry in with far better atletes than what Bird faced I tried.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An idiot doesn't understand eras and how any of this works, obviously you don't get it.

A fool compares different eras....wear it...

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fool compares different eras....wear it...

I see ya don't read much, not surprised.

Respecting the era
The players who stood out in history have to be taken at face value. They could only compete against what the league had to offer, so it’s not their fault if the competition wasn’t necessarily as good as it is now. Shaq could dominate players who were supposed to be on his level during his career. Transport Shaq back to the ‘60s and he could arguably have at least another few thousand points on top of his career total.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is the all-time top scorer in NBA history, but would he be able to score that many again if his career was to start tomorrow? Possibly not as the standards are higher, but that doesn’t mean we should disregard his accomplishments.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's exhausting is having to deal with people who don't get it at all.
Exactly! You're as dense as a shithouse brick!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! You're as dense as a shithouse brick!

Dense is thinking Larry Bird belongs over Seth Curry when talking the greatest team. So ya leave off the best shooter, hahahaha!!!!

Dude, you gotta be kidding me.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dense is thinking Larry Bird belongs over Seth Curry when talking the greatest team. So ya leave off the best shooter, hahahaha!!!!

Dude, you gotta be kidding me.
I think you meant "Steph" Curry there, Copernicus. Either way, I'm still right and you're still hopeless

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasies are good have fun in yours.
derp GIF

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, ya don't keep the best shooter in history off the best team in history, simply common sense.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, ya don't keep the best shooter in history off the best team in history, simply common sense.
You asked who would replace Curry. I told you who. You cried.