• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Carter in trouble

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going undrafted, he will probably still go in round one, c'mon now. I do think this will be like the gas mask, or Warren Sapp's supposed drug issues: something that will cause a consensus top player to drop down.

This is not a crime he will ever do time for. But it raises questions about his character and he will surely drop. He lied to the cops and fled a scene in which some of his teammates died, all to avoid bad publicity and a potential DUI.

It's at a minimum a terrible judgment call that will raise questions about his maturity, but he didn't kill anyone or hit a woman or something.
The gas mask happened in real time. Teams have a chance to look this over thoroughly. If the top player in the draft isnt in legal trouble then he isnt falling that far.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter just needs to hire Ray Lewis' attorney and he'll walk.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gas mask happened in real time. Teams have a chance to look this over thoroughly. If the top player in the draft isnt in legal trouble then he isnt falling that far.
1677696031447.png

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going undrafted, he will probably still go in round one, c'mon now. I do think this will be like the gas mask, or Warren Sapp's supposed drug issues: something that will cause a consensus top player to drop down.

This is not a crime he will ever do time for. But it raises questions about his character and he will surely drop. He lied to the cops and fled a scene in which some of his teammates died, all to avoid bad publicity and a potential DUI.

It's at a minimum a terrible judgment call that will raise questions about his maturity, but he didn't kill anyone or hit a woman or something.
The team that drafts him might be looking at the next Henry Ruggs.

I'd have loved to have him on the Steelers before, but he's DND to me.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleeing the scene for 2 hours then coming back is clear "I need to get sober"

This is on top of the talks that he has no work ethic and does not love football.

Some teams may take him off the board, but not all. At some point the risk becomes worth it for someone that talented.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleeing the scene for 2 hours then coming back is clear "I need to get sober"

This is on top of the talks that he has no work ethic and does not love football.

Some teams may take him off the board, but not all. At some point the risk becomes worth it for someone that talented.
yep.... those payday checks can take these character guys down the wrong road.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally for me as a Bears fan, it's not too concerning from a draft standpoint. I already switched my #1 pick wish to Tyree Wilson a while back. But there are a sizable number of Bears fans, maybe even a majority, who had Carter as their top choice. It's amazing how so many of today's young athletes can completely mess up their futures with such lack of discipline.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carter released a statement about his situation on Wednesday afternoon. Carter explained his intentions were to go back to Athens and do his part to make sure the truth was told regarding what happened.

“This morning I received a telephone call from the Athens Georgia Police Department [sic] informing me that two misdemeanor warrants have been issued against me for reckless driving and racing,” Carter’s statement, which was written in all caps, said. “Numerous media reports also have circulated this morning containing inaccurate information concerning the tragic events of January 15, 2023. It is my intention to return to AThens to answer the misdemeanor charges against me and to make certain that the complete and accurate truth is presented.

“There is no question in my mind that when all of the facts are known that I will be fully exonerated of any criminal wrongdoing.”

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Carter was at the scene of the crash and left before emergency personnel arrived. Per the report, “he gave shifting accounts of the wreck as an Athens police officer questioned him about whether he had been racing the car that crashed” after he returned to the crash scene approximately 90 minutes after it happened. The report notes that Carter was summoned back to the crash scene by Georgia director of player support and operations Bryant Gantt at the request of police after Gantt came to the scene of the crash.

The AJC report notes that police were able to obtain surveillance video from city cameras along the route the vehicles traveled the night of the crash. The crash happened in the early morning hours after Georgia’s national championship celebration and players and members of the recruiting staff were last at a strip club in downtown Athens and heading for a Waffle House when the crash occurred.

The Expedition LeCroy was driving was rented by the university and Georgia officials have told the AJC that she was unauthorized to be driving the vehicle. Linebacker Jamon Dumas-Johnson was also questioned at the scene of the crash. He was charged last week for reckless driving in a separate January incident.
Thank God that no innocent bystander was killed or seriously injured

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally for me as a Bears fan, it's not too concerning from a draft standpoint. I already switched my #1 pick wish to Tyree Wilson a while back. But there are a sizable number of Bears fans, maybe even a majority, who had Carter as their top choice. It's amazing how so many of today's young athletes can completely mess up their futures with such lack of discipline.
I think this puts Arizona in more of a bind than Chicago. Carter fits Arizona from a needs and talent perspective perfectly and I dont think the trade offers for #3 will be nearly as wild as the ones for #1

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drunk. Racing against an Expedition with a Jeep Trackhawk.

we-are-all-gonna-die-scared.gif
He wasn't driving.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't driving.
The reports are saying it was his $90,000 Jeep. Did someone else take responsibility for driving it that I didn't hear? Or is he just claiming he wasn't driving his Jeep?

Toxicology results show LeCroy, who was driving a university vehicle not authorized for use at the time of the crash, had a blood alcohol concentration of .197 at the time of the crash -- more than twice the legal limit in Georgia, police said.​
"The investigation found that Chandler LeCroy, driver of the 2021 Ford Expedition and Jalen Carter, driver of a 2021 Jeep Trackhawk, were operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing shortly after leaving the downtown Athens area at about 2:30 AM" on the night of the crash, the news release said.​
"Alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving, and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash," police said.​

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reports are saying it was his $90,000 Jeep. Did someone else take responsibility for driving it that I didn't hear? Or is he just claiming he wasn't driving his Jeep?

Toxicology results show LeCroy, who was driving a university vehicle not authorized for use at the time of the crash, had a blood alcohol concentration of .197 at the time of the crash -- more than twice the legal limit in Georgia, police said.​
"The investigation found that Chandler LeCroy, driver of the 2021 Ford Expedition and Jalen Carter, driver of a 2021 Jeep Trackhawk, were operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing shortly after leaving the downtown Athens area at about 2:30 AM" on the night of the crash, the news release said.​
"Alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving, and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash," police said.​
Information came in that shows I ws wrong about Carter driving.....

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pattern established:

Police said Carter also was ticketed in September for driving 89 mph in a 45 mph zone.​

Whoever drafts him better take his license, and hire him a full-time nanny/driver that can overpower him if he tries to drive.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me if Carter now falls completely out of the 1st round in the dozens of mock drafts out there. Don't worry, I know mocks don't mean shit, but it does provide a gauge as to how the media, analysts, etc are treating this development. And often times that can mirror how GMs around the league feel likewise.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will depend on if the charges change from a misdemeanor to a felony. As of right now, what he faces is two counts of misdemeanors with no priors, it would probably be pleaded out and probably reduced. A felony is a different story. And yes, someone died, but not sure there is evidence that said the second car was directly at fault. Accessory to the fact, perhaps, but we are not the ones who get to make that determination or change the charges.