• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Carter in trouble

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you guys seem to be good with your TEs but LaPorta is killing it, too
LaPorta is why Lions not taking Carter at 6 has hurt less. The dline has been a strength for them, but LaPorta has been a star in a critical spot.

I would still love to have had Carter, but I am more ok with it today than I was then.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want the piece of shit.......Id rather lose than win with a waste of human skin like him......

Im glad you people think that foitball is more important than human life.....
I’m certainly very lucky and blessed I didn’t kill anyone during my 20s. That I know of

Didn’t watch the Rams game today but I saw we stalled on offense in the 2nd half. Looks like our D was ok
The reallity of self-observation.
I am also very blessed andas undeservably so. I'm very lucky I did not kill anyone as a kid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaPorta is why Lions not taking Carter at 6 has hurt less. The dline has been a strength for them, but LaPorta has been a star in a critical spot.

I would still love to have had Carter, but I am more ok with it today than I was then.
What is Gibbs status this week? Is there any talk of him getting more touches? I just got him in a fantasy trade by trading my back up QB for him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Gibbs status this week? Is there any talk of him getting more touches? I just got him in a fantasy trade by trading my back up QB for him.
No clear messaging on him yet. His injury was a late week hamstring, but we never got news on severity.

I have him on the bench in my fantasy league....but I am playing Swift!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not. I hope he succeeds. I have never said I wanted him to fail. Which brings us back to you “thinking”.
so you aren't actually worried "about Jalen Carter slipping up after the Eagles disband for the off-season"?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you aren't actually worried "about Jalen Carter slipping up after the Eagles disband for the off-season"?
Yeah. He’s human, and that seems like it’s going to be a tough time when things slow down and he doesn’t have anything to lose himself in entirely like he does with football.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He’s human, and that seems like it’s going to be a tough time when things slow down and he doesn’t have anything to lose himself in entirely like he does with football.
you are basing that on what, exactly?

because it sounds like it is being pulled straight out of your ass

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the concern about him slipping up after the season is over has some merit. I think Philly has done everything possible to surround him with mentors, not just the other Georgia Bulldogs but guys like Fletcher Cox, who were specifically asked by coaches to take the rookie under their wing and teach him how to be a pro. It sounds like it has been a huge success by all indications, not just on the field, but he could slip up and go back to being an immature kid with a fast car if left to his own devices.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the concern about him slipping up after the season is over has some merit. I think Philly has done everything possible to surround him with mentors, not just the other Georgia Bulldogs but guys like Fletcher Cox, who were specifically asked by coaches to take the rookie under their wing and teach him how to be a pro. It sounds like it has been a huge success by all indications, not just on the field, but he could slip up and go back to being an immature kid with a fast car if left to his own devices.
There really is no way to know with these things. Some kids experience this and it's a wake-up call and they grow up fast. Other kids don't learn and slip back. None of us has a crystal ball and can predict that, tbh. It's all up to Jalen and what is in his head going forward. For his sake, I truly hope he is taking in what those leaders around him are giving him and by all accounts, goes on to have a successful career and more importantly life. I think the vast majority of us did some things when we were immature that we aren't proud of and by some grace and our own mental toughness, we have come through the other side. I wish Jalen well and landing where he did was likely the right spot because of the culture around him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is no way to know with these things. Some kids experience this and it's a wake-up call and they grow up fast. Other kids don't learn and slip back. None of us has a crystal ball and can predict that, tbh. It's all up to Jalen and what is in his head going forward. For his sake, I truly hope he is taking in what those leaders around him are giving him and by all accounts, goes on to have a successful career and more importantly life. I think the vast majority of us did some things when we were immature that we aren't proud of and by some grace and our own mental toughness, we have come through the other side. I wish Jalen well and landing where he did was likely the right spot because of the culture around him.
If the team sucked he wouldn't focus his life around football, he'd just take a paycheck. But when you are winning and football becomes your life the rest supports it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the team sucked he wouldn't focus his life around football, he'd just take a paycheck. But when you are winning and football becomes your life the rest supports it.
Agreed. As I alluded to, he landed in a good spot to get things right for him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash: 12 to play

bonus.... you boys can bump this when big deal does the pro bowl thing.

:lock1:
I’ll bump it as often as I like.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get back on the porch you sissy ass
How is Mazi doing? Cowboys fans on social media told me he was the best DT in the draft and the Cowboys got a steal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3