• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaguars to Host 49ers in London 2013

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boo!

They just went there. But, at least it will be an easy win against a shit team.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to convince my wife we need to go see that game umm I mean her sister in London.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now we have 9 home games, what's so wrong about that?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boo!

They just went there. But, at least it will be an easy win against a shit team.

Anything can change from one year to another. Fangio might be their HC? Barkley might be their QB? Dwayne Bowe might be their receiver? etc.

But I agree with you, :-P it should be easy nonetheless.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I need to convince my wife we need to go see that game umm I mean her sister in London.

hahaha. Start the early talks now so it won't look suspicious when the schedules come out.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It doesn't bother me since we don't lose a home game out of it and it's against a bad opponent. We're supposed to play TB next season so we'll likely play them first than head to London.

It doesn't surprise me either since the 9ers are one of the more popular teams in England and the NFL needs someone to make the Jags game appealing.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ugh. Hard to understand why a few teams play a disproportionate number of these games.....unless they're actually volunteering for it like the Jags did.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ugh. Hard to understand why a few teams play a disproportionate number of these games.....unless they're actually volunteering for it like the Jags did.

yeah, from the 49ers point of view, what are the advantages? if Jed isn't obligated to go, why agree to it?

49er merchandising? for the players? a share of the game's revenue?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like space said, I'm upset that the Niners, among the entirety of the NFL's 32 teams, seem to be disproportionately picked as a pawn of the NFL as it whores itself out to new markets (UK, Mexico, TNF).

The NFL has a handful of teams that have (possible) world-wide name recognition - IMO: Cowboys, Niners, Packers, Patriots, Steelers (and possibly Raiders?) - but how many of those teams, outside of SF, ever play games abroad? The Patriots actually are playing a game in the UK this year, but only because the NFL pushed to have games at Wembley every season.

At least in the past the NFL would select different teams each year for it's annual "American Bowl" pre-season game.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Amsterdam will become Youngstown for this trip?

I'm hoping the NFL works in a bye week before or after this game, because the travel involved makes the prep work the week of and the week following difficult.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Like space said, I'm upset that the Niners, among the entirety of the NFL's 32 teams, seem to be disproportionately picked as a pawn of the NFL as it whores itself out to new markets (UK, Mexico, TNF).

The NFL has a handful of teams that have (possible) world-wide name recognition - IMO: Cowboys, Niners, Packers, Patriots, Steelers (and possibly Raiders?) - but how many of those teams, outside of SF, ever play games abroad? The Patriots actually are playing a game in the UK this year, but only because the NFL pushed to have games at Wembley every season.

At least in the past the NFL would select different teams each year for it's annual "American Bowl" pre-season game.

This will be the Pat's second time to the UK so no gripes there but I do agree that it seems like the NFL would send some other teams than shoveling the same teams out there and you would think they would have better match ups to showcase the NFL to a foreign audience.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of God Goodell let this go.

This! Either that or put a fricken NFL expansion team over there already - he has been talking about it for years now.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For the love of God Goodell let this go.

Agreed but I suppose the money is there if they keep going back year in and year out.

Logistically I just don't see it ever working. How big of a disadvantage do you not only put the team in London but also the teams that are also in it's division.

Who wants the teams that are in the same division to have to go once London once a year every season. Not to mention who wants to fly to London for a playoff game?

Jags going to London for the next 4 seasons isn't an accident and the NFL is going to use the Jags as a sample to see the effects of having a team go to London every season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Amsterdam will become Youngstown for this trip?

I'm hoping the NFL works in a bye week before or after this game, because the travel involved makes the prep work the week of and the week following difficult.

I already don't like this, but I would hate it more if they had the Jaguar game, bye, Seattle, Tampa Bay. It's so obvious that the TB game should be next to the London game. I vote for TB, Jaguars, bye, home game. Or if some players are going to spend the bye in London, then an east coast game before going home?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already don't like this, but I would hate it more if they had the Jaguar game, bye, Seattle, Tampa Bay. It's so obvious that the TB game should be next to the London game. I vote for TB, Jaguars, bye, home game. Or if some players are going to spend the bye in London, then an east coast game before going home?

Yeah something along those lines would be ideal for having to play this game in London. At least the 49ers don't lose a home game in this situation and play a relatively bad Jag's team. Maybe Justin Blackmon will actually show up by then?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was watching a stream of the Thurs. night football last night, and it was the Sky Sports broadcast from England......and in the studio they were actually complaning that they are getting the Niners again. Host was saying he understands that some teams "buy into" the program more than others.