• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jags post game

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has weapons. Everyone has been asking for that for a few years. They can do a lot of things to keep defenses off balance.

I liked a lot of what Wentz did, he did have a brain fart on the 1st pick. I think the 2nd one was a hell of a play by Jacksonville.

I really liked that Wentz and the entire team followed those two TOs with two TD drives and the D turned the ball over to win the game.

Ron said Davis did some good things but Jack was upset with him a couple of times. Like I have said for a couple of months they are only going to play two LBers most of the time.

I know they want to play some 5 man Dline and do not know what the potential loss of Phil Martin will do to that plan.

Jacksonville left points on the field. Washington gave away 10 points. You can't do that very often and win.

My stars of the game were DeFo, AG, DPayne, Dotson and Samuels.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree fully. If Wentz throws 4TDs and 2 picks every game, we will win eleven games.

We overcame 3 turnovers to win this game. That is tough to do. Wentz was huge yesterday in the 4th qtr. Like all good QB;s should be.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak got hurt last night. Should be out of awhile.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this true?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we have to find a way to keep payne on the team

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we have to find a way to keep payne on the team

i agree. he was huge yesterday,. If Mathis is out for the year, we have to hope Wise steps up. The Dak injury helps us out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree. he was huge yesterday,. If Mathis is out for the year, we have to hope Wise steps up. The Dak injury helps us out.
the FO needs to think about what happens when you weaken a strength . mathis most likely has a ACL and is done for the year , allen has a groin and could be out a few weeks or more . now you have wise left and need to sign a DT . tell me not having settle or ionman doesnt hurt ? maybe you couldnt keep both but we could have kept one at least ,

now you have to think long and hard about letting payne walk next year . i have been on this for over a year about losing 3 of our top 4 dts' . we dont know much about mathis and if he can be ready next year

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the FO needs to think about what happens when you weaken a strength . mathis most likely has a ACL and is done for the year , allen has a groin and could be out a few weeks or more . now you have wise left and need to sign a DT . tell me not having settle or ionman doesnt hurt ? maybe you couldnt keep both but we could have kept one at least ,

now you have to think long and hard about letting payne walk next year . i have been on this for over a year about losing 3 of our top 4 dts' . we dont know much about mathis and if he can be ready next year

your jumping the gun on the injuries. Any team who loses 2 DTs is going to be in trouble. When they carted of Mathis yesterday his knee was not in a brace but it looks like an acl. Allen we dont know.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your jumping the gun on the injuries. Any team who loses 2 DTs is going to be in trouble. When they carted of Mathis yesterday his knee was not in a brace but it looks like an acl. Allen we dont know.
the point that needs to be taken is we shouldnt have weakened a strength regardless of whether i am jumping the gun or not . RR said he was concerned about mathis and its the 2nd time as a commie he was injured while playing

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild game.

Wentz is erratic. Reminds me of the 1990 version of Mark Rypien. Great arm. Can make passes most can't, but makes mistakes most don't. Gonna be a lot of ups and downs with him. Missed Dax and Dotson on easy throws, but is a clear upgrade to what we've had since KC.

Gibson has star potential and when Robinson gets back Gibson will be even more dangerous lined up out there with the Posse 2.0
Was worried about the last drive, but by Ron not subbing AG out for JD I'm sure that meant a lot to him.

Posse 2.0 might be a little hyperbolic, okay maybe a lot, but this is the best bunch since 2016. Dotson gets two TDs and the game winner in his debut? Samuel out there rocking and rolling.

Logan looks about 60%, but his QB IQ allows him to find space and make plays. The 3rd down grab late saved the game. Bates has to make that catch on 3rd down. Rogers can play.

Norwell has to clean it up a bit. I'm not mat at Cosmi, that guy the Jags drafted is gonna be a beast. Guard must be taken with our 3rd rounder next year.

Payne had two batted balls and a sack on 3rd down. I franchise him if I have to. Allen flashed and losing Mathis is going to hurt. Word is Star could be brought in. I'd give Suh a call too. Something has to be done before the Eagles come to town.

Holcomb has to make that tackle on the goal line and Davis struggled is coverage but wasn't bad.

Fuller has to play better. Period. Jax got burnt as well. Glad Lawrence overthrew his man on that play.

Forrest got cooked twice on the first drive and after that was probably the most impactful player on the defense. Him and Payne.

Looking forward to getting Curl and Chase back.
Looking forward to getting Robinson and Cole back.

Gut check win. Wentz throws two bombs after getting booed by the fans. You could hear the boos though the TV. Good for him.

If they beat Detroit and with what happened in Dallas last night, we can start talking playoffs around here. If they go to Detroit and get rolled, different conversion.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not anymore he is out for the year , now we are pulling guys off the street

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Commanders DT Phidarian Mathis suffered a torn meniscus in Sunday's Week 1 win over the Jaguars.​

Head coach Ron Rivera said the team was "concerned" about Mathis' injury after yesterday's game, with the team confirming the worst on Monday. Mathis exited the first half of yesterday's game against the Jaguars after a player rolled up on his leg. The rookie second-round pick was carted off the field and did not return. Mathis was expected to serve as a situational player along Washington's defensive line this season and appeared on three snaps before exiting Sunday's contest.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 12, 2022, 1:38 PM ET