• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Jags 1-4 vs Bears 3-2

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,577.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As per requested by @richig07 ,here it goes........

Jaguars give up a shit ton of yards on defense. Our offense is coming together,so CW to Moore should get two Moore hookups for tds........
We will be without Brisker for the game,still feeling the concussion........
Even tho he is out,our defense is still good enough to hold them to under 20 pts,the Lawrence/ Brian Thomas combination is looking good......while their def is very bad,we should score at will.....
I think Swift and RoJo also get scores......

34-18

Bates and Borom are almost healthy and hopefully come back in one more week......:yes:

And ps,I hate these over seas games.......even tho we are suppose to be the home team,we really are not.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are 5-3 all-time vs Jax.
3-1 on the road too.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,577.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are 5-3 all-time vs Jax.
3-1 on the road too.

Seem like London is Jaxs home away from home.......So they are actually the home team imo.......Probably more Jag fans there than back in Jacksonville......

Kinda like the White Sox park(wharever name it goes by now) is called Wrigley Field south........ :dhd:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel weird about this game. I'll get back on the prediction.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seem like London is Jaxs home away from home.......So they are actually the home team imo.......Probably more Jag fans there than back in Jacksonville......

Kinda like the White Sox park(wharever name it goes by now) is called Wrigley Field south........ :dhd:
Even moreso. With Goddell (hey, if I am wrong, I refuse to put Good in there) wanting to conquer the globe with OUR football, Jacksonville is the one team that was thought could move to London for all their home games.
Either way, the hurricane has wrecked the Jags plans to fly out to get there, one more reason this should be a win.
You know what goal I want to see this week? The goal of taking that first drive into the end zone for a touchdown. Bears have yet to score first in a game, I believe last week was the first first quarter touchdown, but I do not believe they ever were up to start the game.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel weird about this game. I'll get back on the prediction.

I'm with you. Feels like one of those defining games. If we win going away, I may start to believe we have turned a proverbial corner. If we lose, it will feel SO much like we're just back to square one and the same old shit. (And the pessimistic Bear fan in me can SO see the latter happening.)

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary is beat up.

Gotta score some points.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guys will be fine. D is allowing an average of 17 ppg.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. Feels like one of those defining games. If we win going away, I may start to believe we have turned a proverbial corner. If we lose, it will feel SO much like we're just back to square one and the same old shit. (And the pessimistic Bear fan in me can SO see the latter happening.)
The difference between 3-3 and 4-2 is HUGE. Especially going into a stretch before the divisional games ramp up, where we play WSH/ARI/NE. Solid chance to take 2 of 3 and get to 6-3.

This game, to me, even though it isn't a conference game - will determine a lot about my feelings on our playoff chances.

Sucks, sucks, sucks... not to have Brisker here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears 30
Jacksonville 27

But boy... I'm nervous. I think this turns into a little bit of a shootout with sloppy defensive play.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,577.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and now we'll be without Brisker and Stevenson.

We already get run on, rather easily... so... Simply reciting that raw statistic doesn't bring me much comfort.

No Tyrique either........ugh

I still like our def tho.........
Instead of a blowout of 34-18,I will go to a closer affair of

34-24........

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Tyrique either........ugh

I still like our def tho.........
Instead of a blowout of 34-18,I will go to a closer affair of

34-24........
I have written it before, man I wish they would use Tyrique at safety. We are really deep at backup CB, I really like the tandem of Jaylen and Jaylen back there. Dont know what route they will take. Sure hope its not going to be 100% nickel because the only way Jacksonville stays in this game is running the ball and I would rather have Sanborn in there to stop it. You would at least feel we will be less a couple penalties on Stevenson.

What a conundrum for Jack. Do well stopping the run and the prize is to run to the sideline after first down and get ready to cover play special teams.

Just making sure everyone knows Fox is doing the local broadcast, dont know about the rest of the country.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about our chances. And our backups. Roschon did well when we needed a boost in the run game. Murray did very well when Jenkins left with an ankle injury.

These are the type of confidence-building contributions from the backups that can drive the momentum the Bears need now against teams like the Jags.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have written it before, man I wish they would use Tyrique at safety. We are really deep at backup CB, I really like the tandem of Jaylen and Jaylen back there. Dont know what route they will take. Sure hope its not going to be 100% nickel because the only way Jacksonville stays in this game is running the ball and I would rather have Sanborn in there to stop it. You would at least feel we will be less a couple penalties on Stevenson.

What a conundrum for Jack. Do well stopping the run and the prize is to run to the sideline after first down and get ready to cover play special teams.

Just making sure everyone knows Fox is doing the local broadcast, dont know about the rest of the country.
You've lost me here. Why in the world would we put Stevenson at Safety? Who is he replacing Brisker or Byard? You wanna take one of the top CBs in the league and move him to Safety, replacing a perfectly good safety, and then have a backup play corner?

Make that make sense.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,577.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the Score abit, but they were talking Sweat has been under scrutiny for not playing up to his capabilities.....I only heard a few remarks cause I arrived at my destination,but they said he has two 2 sacks in 5 games and thought he should better than that....

Is he getting more double teamed than usual and putting Dexter as a threat on the defline or is he just not getting thej ob done......??

First Ive heard of.....anyone else know anything of this.......??

>didnt know where to post this,so Ill just add it to this one......<

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've lost me here. Why in the world would we put Stevenson at Safety? Who is he replacing Brisker or Byard? You wanna take one of the top CBs in the league and move him to Safety, replacing a perfectly good safety, and then have a backup play corner?

Make that make sense.
Just the point that Stevensen played safety in college, I like Jaylon Jones our there, and Stevensons grabby tendencies, but also his desire to actually hit a ball carrier. Probably more of me scratching my head on why they went out to get Byard. Its getting to the point of the Chicago cubs fans preferring the names over the people in house. We are far deeper at CB than people realize, is there a better spot?

that pick six he got against the titans was a gift.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,577.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First series,a 3 n out,includes a sack on 3rd down.....way to show up oline......