• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Bears (3-0) vs Indianapolis (2-1)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game. I think Indy is a pretty good team and just had a bad week 1 like many teams did after no pre-season. We've been pushed back to the late afternoon slot and made Game of the Week. So, all eyes on us.

If our pass rush is on, Rivers is kind of a statue, and we should hit him a lot. He also will throw us a ball or two defensively.

Their D has really started hot. It's going to be a hard fought game, IMO. This could easily be our first loss. But I think we're riding with some momentum right now behind Foles. I'll say we manage to pull it out. Another heart attack game.

Bears 24
Indy 23

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have activated Tyler Bray off the practice squad!?

Does this imply Trubisky is on the trading block? Pretty weird.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have activated Tyler Bray off the practice squad!?

Does this imply Trubisky is on the trading block? Pretty weird.
I think it implies another Team tried to poach him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it implies another Team tried to poach him.
Ya, that could be. Not sure why anyone would give a fuck at this point tho. I mean, does Bray have family that works for the Bears or something? Practice squad veteran en sech.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sh*t has been hard to watch.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think slamming Patterson on 3rd and 1 might officially have slammed the door on any confidence I had in Matt Nagy. Ain’t gonna lie.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God we suck. This game is a flashback to numerous Bears teams of the past 5-6 decades. Way more often than not, a decent defense, but one that makes too many costly penalties. And of course a third rate offense.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing seems to change... Good or great defense and shitty offense.

Same Bears different season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shitass quick kick......Jeez, at least give the unit a chance to fight for the ball.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think slamming Patterson on 3rd and 1 might officially have slammed the door on any confidence I had in Matt Nagy. Ain’t gonna lie.
This right fucking here. I was fucking screaming at the TV. Montgomery, quite literally just goes forward. If you are going to run right there, you fucking give it to him.

Our o-line has looked awful the last two games. Leno was complete dogshit today.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right fucking here. I was fucking screaming at the TV. Montgomery, quite literally just goes forward. If you are going to run right there, you fucking give it to him.

Our o-line has looked awful the last two games. Leno was complete dogshit today.
OL indeed sucked, but we also have to be honest and admit Montgomery has literally no explosiveness. He's a fighter and really works for those extra yards. But his initial burst when being handed the ball is almost nonexistent. And of course when the OL is not doing its job, that's a recipe for disaster.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL indeed sucked, but we also have to be honest and admit Montgomery has literally no explosiveness. He's a fighter and really works for those extra yards. But his initial burst when being handed the ball is almost nonexistent. And of course when the OL is not doing its job, that's a recipe for disaster.
I disagree completely. The kid is a stud. Maybe the best contact balance I've ever seen in a back, tho I'm sure that'll bring on the retards flaming with anger with that statement.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An example of his explosiveness, is the TD last week on the catch in space that he just willed into the endzone.

9 out of 10 backs in the league don't score there.

Montgomery is a feature back. Rewatch today's game, there was NOWHERE to go. Into a heap on every attempt.

There is not a back in history that would've found success today.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An example of his explosiveness, is the TD last week on the catch in space that he just willed into the endzone.

9 out of 10 backs in the league don't score there.

Montgomery is a feature back. Rewatch today's game, there was NOWHERE to go. Into a heap on every attempt.

There is not a back in history that would've found success today.
As I said, I've never questioned his toughness or his will, as you put it, to fight thru for extra yardage. By his lack of explosiveness, I'm really talking about his ability, or lack thereof, to hit the hole already in full gear. I'm not anti-Montgomery by any stretch. But I've seen too many games featuring backs that often find that crease and make big yards. I'm really not seeing this in him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I've never questioned his toughness or his will, as you put it, to fight thru for extra yardage. By his lack of explosiveness, I'm really talking about his ability, or lack thereof, to hit the hole already in full gear. I'm not anti-Montgomery by any stretch. But I've seen too many games featuring backs that often find that crease and make big yards. I'm really not seeing this in him.
I respectfully disagree.

When the hole is there, he gets through it. Our o-line was putrid last year, and contrary to popular opinion, I don't think it's all that great this year either. The last two weeks have been pretty bad, after good starts in week one and two against inferior opponents.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree.

When the hole is there, he gets through it. Our o-line was putrid last year, and contrary to popular opinion, I don't think it's all that great this year either. The last two weeks have been pretty bad, after good starts in week one and two against inferior opponents.
More than happy to agree that he hasn't exactly had the best run protection. But I'm going to stick with the assertion that I don't see the zip, the ability to hit the hole fast and get thru to the next level of defenders that I see in other backs. Let's hope my take is wrong and he proves me to be an idiot from here on out.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was just brutally bad. Whoever said it feels like last year's GB opener nailed it. It's like you had this renewed sense of confidence as a fan and it's all just gone...Whoosh...In a 3 hour heartbeat. The "this team is going nowhere" alarm is going off big time...Sigh. Man, it was nice to feel, for just a moment, that we could make some noise. Eh well. Still be nice to put an whoopin' on Brady Thursday. So, as usual, I will be tuned in, rocking the Mack jersey and ready to be hurt again.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Far too often Nagy just can't get out of his own f*cking way. I thought that might change with a more poised experienced QB at the helm...but I guess not. It actually indicts Nagy worse...because Foles came in and kinda improv'ed around and looked decent...Then this is what we get when he and Nagy had a week to plan together? Yeesh.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that our offense won't be a complete sh*tshow all season long as Indy's D just owned the trench yesterday...and that's just always going to lead to bad things. So it shouldn't be a complete disaster as the season progresses and we play weaker defenses. But to have any confidence when the going gets tough and we're potentially staring down 3-4 playoff games that we need to win over a stretch? I can't say I trust the guy anymore.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far too often Nagy just can't get out of his own f*cking way. I thought that might change with a more poised experienced QB at the helm...but I guess not. It actually indicts Nagy worse...because Foles came in and kinda improv'ed around and looked decent...Then this is what we get when he and Nagy had a week to plan together? Yeesh.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that our offense won't be a complete sh*tshow all season long as Indy's D just owned the trench yesterday...and that's just always going to lead to bad things. So it shouldn't be a complete disaster as the season progresses and we play weaker defenses. But to have any confidence when the going gets tough and we're potentially staring down 3-4 playoff games that we need to win over a stretch? I can't say I trust the guy anymore.
I mean, there is plenty of time for improvement, but ya.

Another play in the game that bugged the fuck out of me, was the 2nd down wasted play in the redzone, wherein Foles looked like he thought it was handoff and Montgomery bailed and thought it was a pass. Foles tucked it and got a yard or two, but ostensibly a throwaway down in the redzone, AND worst of all, that came right after a fucking timeout!?

I mean, I don't know who's at fault there, but to do that after burning a timeout is putrid.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there is plenty of time for improvement, but ya.

Another play in the game that bugged the fuck out of me, was the 2nd down wasted play in the redzone, wherein Foles looked like he thought it was handoff and Montgomery bailed and thought it was a pass. Foles tucked it and got a yard or two, but ostensibly a throwaway down in the redzone, AND worst of all, that came right after a fucking timeout!?

I mean, I don't know who's at fault there, but to do that after burning a timeout is putrid.

The game was so horrendously bad/boring that I forgot about that. Oh yeah, that was some dumbass sh*t. I have to believe that it came up on the presser post-game questions...Be interested to hear what went wrong.