• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jadeveon Clowney: Didn't we already draft him?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the rams got Clowney they could actually beat the seahawks and 49ers every year. Clowney will hit CK and Wilson. The rams are just not good enough imo to outwin them, one being the qb position, no great no.1 back, and the strength on defense is the secondary but thats not enough to beat two teams who know how to play a more conservative based offense against you. Clowney makes CK and Wilson scramble for their lives. Clowney could actually help the rams defense pressure Seattle and Sf enough that their own defenses will start feeling intimidated. The best intimidation is on those who have to react.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the rams got Clowney they could actually beat the seahawks and 49ers every year. Clowney will hit CK and Wilson. The rams are just not good enough imo to outwin them, one being the qb position, no great no.1 back, and the strength on defense is the secondary but thats not enough to beat two teams who know how to play a more conservative based offense against you. Clowney makes CK and Wilson scramble for their lives. Clowney could actually help the rams defense pressure Seattle and Sf enough that their own defenses will start feeling intimidated. The best intimidation is on those who have to react.

:laugh3: yeah...just totally forget about Quinn, Brockers, Long, and langford...

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time the strength of the Rams D was the secondary it was because of Dre Bly, Adam Archuleta, and Aeneas Williams.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ksudodger
Unofficial board GM

vCash: 500

Los%20Angeles%20Dodgers.gif
St%20Louis%20Rams.gif
St%20Louis%20Blues.gif

Truth be told... it's really not possible to fully "screw the pooch" with this pick. Well... unless we draft a QB, that is. ;)

You nailed it Caynine. I mean we could stay at #2 and draft Clowney,Watkins,Mack,Robinson or Matthews. We could trade down with Atlanta,Oakland or Tampa and still end up with Matthews or Robinson.
Then same goes with #13. We could stay there and pick Dix,Pryor,Gilbert,Dennard or Donald or we could trade down and probably still get Pryor,Roby or Fuller.

Either way, the Rams are in a great position.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ksu is exactly right.:nod: I don't think even the Rams can screw this up. I want Watkins but trading down is the gig for more picks. Draft day will be interesting because this draft will establish where the Rams play in the playoff picture for years to come.:drool:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the Rams make an Oakland type pick Logan Thomas or someone like that in the 1st.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just the conundrum the #2 overall pick presents us this year. As deep as the draft is this year, there IS no one great standout player. They're ALL "good". And the closest thing to great (if you believe the hype), plays a position at which we're already very deep and talented.

The one good thing about that is that honestly... we really can't go wrong. Reason being, the only thing that makes this spot so tough is the predetermined value of the selection itself. Not the player. The players themselves are good.

Truth be told... it's really not possible to fully "screw the pooch" with this pick. Well... unless we draft a QB, that is. ;)

I'd have to disagree with you on this Caynine. We've been doing just that for the longest time now. Anybody remember Jason Smith, Alex Baron, Trung Candidate, Lawrence Phillips, etc. Also other teams do it every year.....that's why they continually are bottom feeders.....see; Oakland Raiders, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams etc. We can't afford any more of these mistakes, especially with the draft picks we've been handed with the RG3 trade.

If a Super Bowl doesn't eventually come out of the RG3 trade, Fisher's and Snead's heads should roll.

You just don't see many teams given such a bounty of picks like that these days. If it doesn't pan out with a SB win how can you say it wasn't a failure?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far. The Rams had an awfully deep hole to crawl out of thanks to the previous regime.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a .500 team now in a tough division. With the upcoming draft being so deep, and the Rams being in a great position with their picks, there is no room for excuses anymore. If this isn't the time then when exactly will this team be in a better position to challenge? The Rams aren't going to continue to have these kind of picks if Fisher sustains the level of mediocrity that has marked his career so far. We'll continue to be "middle of the pack", which I guess will satisfy some fans, but not me. If we can't be contenders after the plethora of picks we've had over the last two/three years than I'm going to have to conclude that the franchise is cursed, and somewhere someone is sticking pins in a voodoo doll, err, Rams helmet.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spot on Boss. No more excuses. Also, here are a few more to add to your etc., list. Remember, Damoine Lewis, Robert Thomas, Tye Hill, and Jimmy Kennedy. Then back in the day, Gaston Green, Bill Hawkins, and Mike Schad out of Queens Canada. What the??Mike Schad, really??? Playoffs????

We have been getting better with Snead and Fisher but I am still scratching my head on Rokevious Watson. How could they be that far off on him or even Isaiah Pead? Goes to show you that there is plenty of evidence that the draft IS NOT an exact science and certainly a krap shoot at best.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spot on Boss. No more excuses. Also, here are a few more to add to your etc., list. Remember, Damoine Lewis, Robert Thomas, Tye Hill, and Jimmy Kennedy. Then back in the day, Gaston Green, Bill Hawkins, and Mike Schad out of Queens Canada. What the??Mike Schad, really??? Playoffs????

We have been getting better with Snead and Fisher but I am still scratching my head on Rokevious Watson. How could they be that far off on him or even Isaiah Pead? Goes to show you that there is plenty of evidence that the draft IS NOT an exact science and certainly a krap shoot at best.

Which is why moving around to get additional picks doesn't hurt, as long as you aren't passing on an elite talent.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on elite talent has been one of our tendencies in recent memory.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time the strength of the Rams D was the secondary it was because of Dre Bly, Adam Archuleta, and Aeneas Williams.

Rams have a weakness against the run based on Murray, Jackson before he got hurt, Gore, Johnson, Ellington but they stopped Lynch because that was a game plan. I guess against the pass they are good but not against the run but they don't do enough to stop Seattle and SF yearly.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the guys you are talking about being horrible were chosen by people other than Snead and Fisher. IMO, they have only totally blown 1 pick from the last 2 drafts and that is Pead. Quick still has the possibility of being great (not as great as Alshon Jeffrey, WHO I WANTED MORE THAN I WANT WATKINS... ) but Pead is useless. Even Rok Watkins was a solid football player for a 5th round pick. So I stand by my original statement that there is no real way they can screw this up.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll stand by my assertion that if a Super Bowl win doesn't eventually come out of this boatload of draft picks we received from the RG3 trade, then it goes down as the biggest "fumble" in at least Rams history, if not NFL history. I'll ask again, if you can't build a SB champion from this scenario, then when? :gaah: :burt::puke: