• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jadaveon Clowney's 40 Time Superimposed on Black Mamba's

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney had a huge sophomore season. It wasn't just the one play. The thing with coming back after you're an All American is you get a lot of attention with people scheming away from you, double teams, etc., plus guys that put up big numbers typically had some luck as well. Maybe this time the QB stepped the other way in the pocket or got rid of it a bit quicker. Sutton had a similar drop off, but was still voted Pac 12 DPOY by the coaches and got the Morris Trophy (best Pac 12 DL voted by Pac 12 OL) again.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney had a huge sophomore season. It wasn't just the one play. The thing with coming back after you're an All American is you get a lot of attention with people scheming away from you, double teams, etc., plus guys that put up big numbers typically had some luck as well. Maybe this time the QB stepped the other way in the pocket or got rid of it a bit quicker. Sutton had a similar drop off, but was still voted Pac 12 DPOY by the coaches and got the Morris Trophy (best Pac 12 DL voted by Pac 12 OL) again.

So is that the excuse he's going to use in the NFL when he gets double teamed and ends up on his butt every other play? We need a DE that can make a play on the other side of the field. What we don't need is a guy who is full of excuses why he can't make a play.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene, did you know Georgia Tech offered Clowney a schollie prior to his junior year of HS?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene, did you know Georgia Tech offered Clowney a schollie prior to his junior year of HS?

No, but I'm not surprised he turned it down. Why bust your butt academically at GT when you can go to an easier school and play for Steve Spurrier? That's a no brainer. And that's why GT sucks.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but I'm not surprised he turned it down. Why bust your butt academically at GT when you can go to an easier school and play for Steve Spurrier? That's a no brainer. And that's why GT sucks.

ELO...

He wanted to major in bidness, not injun-ear-ring, which is why he chose C'lumbya over 'Lanta. They got that super-awesome bidness school at SC.

Oh wait, he never graduated!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ELO...

He wanted to major in bidness, not injun-ear-ring, which is why he chose C'lumbya over 'Lanta. They got that super-awesome bidness school at SC.

Oh wait, he never graduated!

Maybe he's holding out for a Big Ten school just to spite both of us? :laugh3:

steelerstew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overrated is right, I will bet that he will either A) not be in the NFL in 5 years or B) be on his 5th team in 5 years. Sorry his stunt of not playing games means to me he doesn't want to play.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overrated is right, I will bet that he will either A) not be in the NFL in 5 years or B) be on his 5th team in 5 years. Sorry his stunt of not playing games means to me he doesn't want to play.

Personally, I would not have played at all. I would of taken the yr off to train and continue school. He had 0 reason to continue and the downside was huge. Easy to throw stones, but you werent risking 30 million by deciding to play.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would not have played at all. I would of taken the yr off to train and continue school. He had 0 reason to continue and the downside was huge. Easy to throw stones, but you werent risking 30 million by deciding to play.
Would have loved to have seen the tread trashing you had you made that decision Mr. Five Stars.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have loved to have seen the tread trashing you had you made that decision Mr. Five Stars.

I would not have cared. Threads wouldnt have been able to make it over the fence of my mansion. I am simply pting out people are idiots. Talk about stupid crap like "love of the game" or "your teammates", when you are talking about enough money to change your families standing for generations to come. Love and teammates can do that for you..

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can somewhat agree to this. He showed some great promise his Freshman and Soph yr. Junior yr he mailed it in. You have to question his work ethic, but his talent makes it worth a gamble. He reminds me of Randy Moss a bit. He is pretty much the only guy I have ever seen be dominant in the NFL and have so little aptitude for the position or worth ethic. He was a All-Pro on talent alone. I think Clowney can do the same thing and his attitude is not nearly as questionable as Moss's. I can not imagine him being a wasted pick.

It's called play with heart, and he doesn't play with any

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Deion Sanders went to the Combine, he lined up for his forty, ran it, and kept on running out the door. He was done. NFL scouts knew what he could do and how talented he was, all they needed was to see the yellow numbers for themselves.

You are exactly correct, they knew how fast he could run. They also knew he tackled like Stephen Hawkings.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have cared. Threads wouldnt have been able to make it over the fence of my mansion. I am simply pting out people are idiots. Talk about stupid crap like "love of the game" or "your teammates", when you are talking about enough money to change your families standing for generations to come. Love and teammates can do that for you..

Awful comparison considering 76% of these NFL athletes end up broke by the age of 40. Pretty sure Clowney will be broke as a joke by the time he's 35.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awful comparison considering 76% of these NFL athletes end up broke by the age of 40. Pretty sure Clowney will be broke as a joke by the time he's 35.

76% are not top 5 picks, so you may want to find a stat that is applicable. It really does not matter what he does with the money. It matters what that money can do for him and his family. I seriously doubt many people here would risk 30 million or more playing a season. Easy to talk in platitudes when you are risking anything

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76% are not top 5 picks, so you may want to find a stat that is applicable. It really does not matter what he does with the money. It matters what that money can do for him and his family. I seriously doubt many people here would risk 30 million or more playing a season. Easy to talk in platitudes when you are risking anything

When you're trying to not get hurt is when you get hurt. Either play or don't but don't do it half ass like he did.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least we know he wanted to go to class. He didn't choose UNC.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can somewhat agree to this. He showed some great promise his Freshman and Soph yr. Junior yr he mailed it in. You have to question his work ethic, but his talent makes it worth a gamble. He reminds me of Randy Moss a bit. He is pretty much the only guy I have ever seen be dominant in the NFL and have so little aptitude for the position or worth ethic. He was a All-Pro on talent alone. I think Clowney can do the same thing and his attitude is not nearly as questionable as Moss's. I can not imagine him being a wasted pick.

Come again? Does aptitude mean something different now?

So is that the excuse he's going to use in the NFL when he gets double teamed and ends up on his butt every other play? We need a DE that can make a play on the other side of the field. What we don't need is a guy who is full of excuses why he can't make a play.

If a defensive end is drawing a double 50% of the plays in the NFL, he should be one of the highest paid players in the league. The defensive line more than any other unit in football, with the possible exception of WR, benefits from stacking excellent players because there are only so many resources the opponent has to deal with it. If your backside DE is taking up the LT and a TE or RB more often than not, you're getting single teams inside. That's a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't edit.

The top nosetackles get paid a fortune soley because they force a C-G double so often, even though they make a play once in a blue moon.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: