• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Per 247: the NCAA planning to announce plan to start 2020 football season on time

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA set to approve 6-week calendar for ramp-up to CFB season

A six-week plan to gear up for an on-time start to the college football season is expected to be introduced this week and approved by two NCAA committees.

The NCAA’s Football Oversight Committee has prepared a four-phase plan for the season that includes a six-week period of mandatory workouts that include walk-throughs in July and preseason camp beginning in early August. 247Sports obtained a copy of the calendar detailing a return to football after sports were placed on hold in mid-March as the coronavirus pandemic hit the country. News of the proposal was first reported by Sports Illustrated.

The plan will need final approval from the Division I Council, which is tentatively scheduled to meet June 17.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping we can get a "normal" season in this year. That would really be great; something to finally look forward to that isn't canceled or fucked up in some way.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's hope they get it done!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't be. I was told by a pretty reliable source that the PAC was going to stop teams from playing and screw up the whole season.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA set to approve 6-week calendar for ramp-up to CFB season

A six-week plan to gear up for an on-time start to the college football season is expected to be introduced this week and approved by two NCAA committees.

The NCAA’s Football Oversight Committee has prepared a four-phase plan for the season that includes a six-week period of mandatory workouts that include walk-throughs in July and preseason camp beginning in early August. 247Sports obtained a copy of the calendar detailing a return to football after sports were placed on hold in mid-March as the coronavirus pandemic hit the country. News of the proposal was first reported by Sports Illustrated.

The plan will need final approval from the Division I Council, which is tentatively scheduled to meet June 17.

In a normal season...A team is allowed 29 practices before the first game. What they are doing is giving the teams
back 14 days of spring practice that they probably missed, without the contact. That's actually the way it should be.
20 hours a week in those extra days...on-field walk-throughs (shorts) weight training, conditioning, meetings, film
sessions, teaching.

The initial date is July 6th to begin. That allows for extra office time for coaches and reviewing practice film.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't be. I was told by a pretty reliable source that the PAC was going to stop teams from playing and screw up the whole season.

I never heard anyone say it would screw up the whole season. Whether or not USC plays has no impact on the national football landscape.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually really happy with Iowa State's half full policy. There is no way in hell, I would go to a packed stadium for a game this year, and I do not think playing in empty stadiums makes any sense at all. So, I think Iowa State's Solomon like decision is sound. Hope it works out!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never heard anyone say it would screw up the whole season. Whether or not USC plays has no impact on the national football landscape.

Why are you commenting if you don't have a clue .

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing some stuff from people at Michigan that we’re looking at only filling the stadium with 15k fans per game and that season ticket holders will basically get one game each. Some will get more depending on priority points. Not sure if that includes students or not.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing some stuff from people at Michigan that we’re looking at only filling the stadium with 15k fans per game and that season ticket holders will basically get one game each. Some will get more depending on priority points. Not sure if that includes students or not.

I’m honestly not trying to make a joke but your stadium holds like 110k, what’s the point of putting only 15,000 in there? Even with 30,000 you guys aren’t even touching half. 15,000 seems awful low and that it could cause problems among season ticket holders, students and others.