• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My grades of the position Groups

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive backs, A
Defensive Line B
Linebackers C still can't cover out of the backfield.

Not sure how Nebraska does not know Epstein can run on them. I guess they forgot.

I never saw Chinander get upset about anything. I think it was Chinander. He always stood about 40 yards back from the line of scrimmage, I could be wrong, maybe Chinander sits up in the box. But I am going with it was Chinander.

I did not see any coach get upset about anything. It was all ho hum, here we go again. Probably dreading the press conferences.

offensive line F
Cameron Jurgens C. only the one bad snap, at a crucial time of course,
Right tackle F-

running backs D. Steppe can catch a pass but no one can run, but then when the offensive line can't run block, what do you expect?

QB D. would have been an F but the 75 yard run put him up to a D. A few times there were wide open receivers but Martinez was looking around and did not pull the trigger. Somehow, he completely overthrew a wide open Austin Allen, who is 6' 8". On Adrian's fumble, it happened just about right in front of me, and it looked like he purposefully fumbled the ball and then pushed it forward.

Receivers C some absolutely missed catches

Tight ends D a non factor

Punt return team D, not much you can do when the Illinois punter is kicking perfectly.
Punt KICK team F
Special Teams Connor Culp F
Kickoff B
longsnapper A

The best player on the field was a Nebraska game manager. He could throw 50 yard passes into the wind. he came out carrying four or five of the equipment bags before the game, the other equipment managers were just not into it. I took a picture of his effort.

What I would do if I was a coach
I would have put in the second string offensive line and told them to explode off the snap. Drive their guy back a couple yards.
Put in Sevion Morrison and see what he could do behind that effort. Ervin, Steppe, and Tompkins(?) weren't doing anything.

I also would have fake punted or just gone for it into the wind. No idea why Prsytup(spelling) was not put in.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only group I'm grading from now on is the coaches group.

F+