• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jackson being shopped???

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Eagles open to DeSean Jackson trade

This didn't take long to escalate.
Free-Agent Tracker
0ap2000000276066.jpg
Follow all the developments on the NFL's open market with our up-to-the-minute tracking of 2014's free agents. More...

Mere hours after pointing out that recent trade speculation isn't sitting well with DeSean Jackson, we have learned that the Philadelphia Eagles are open to moving their Pro Bowl wide receiver.
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports, via a source informed of the situation, that the Eagles are listening to offers for Jackson.
General manager Howie Roseman is seeking at least a third-round draft pick "and potentially more" in return for Jackson, according to CSN Philly's Derrick Gunn.
The team already has heard from the San Francisco 49ers and New England Patriots, per Gunn.
The 49ers are an intriguing match, as they are desperate for a speed element in the passing game, and Jackson played collegiately in the Bay Area at Cal. Jim Harbaugh's squad is tight against the salary cap, though, and Rapoport is under the impression they are not willing to pay the Eagles' current asking price.
The Patriots-Eagles phone call easily is explained. Roseman wheels-and-deals as much as any general manager in the game, and Bill Belichick's operation has made it a habit to inquire on available players.
Why would a team favored to win the NFC East and contend for a Super Bowl appearance be open to trading its No. 1 receiver and biggest mismatch in the passing game?

Jackson and coach Chip Kelly got off to a rocky start last offseason. There has been mounting speculation that the high-maintenance receiver is not a fit for the culture Kelly wants to instill.
We suspect the braintrust took an awfully dim view of Jackson's public plea for more money in January, less than two seasons after he was awarded a five-year, $48.5 million contract coming off a disappointing campaign.
Even with Jackson's unique talent, that perceived me-first attitude and a top-10 salary at wide receiver will challenge the Eagles' efforts to get fair value in a trade. If they decide to pull the trigger, it makes sense to wait until the weekend of the 2014 NFL Draft to see if they can lasso a replacement playmaker for Nick Foles.

Philadelphia Eagles open to DeSean Jackson trade - NFL.com

Him with Brady would be scary good.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract is too high for what he brings. That's going to be a deal breaker right off the bat for most teams.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract is too high for what he brings. That's going to be a deal breaker right off the bat for most teams.

I think that will be the second reason as to why they don't get any serious trade offers...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I don't see any possibility without a serious contract rework, though.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I don't see any possibility without a serious contract rework, though.

He wouldn't last playing for BB, Jax's mouth is his downfall, he wont last in New England....

Look I bleed green and love my Eagles, this guy leaving town will not break my heart, I've watched him have a great game and come back the following week and you wouldn't have known he played in that game....

If they get a foolish trade offer they gotta pull the trigger, still to many glaring holes on this roster and extra draft picks wouldn't hurt to fill those voids....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't be the first or last player with a reputation to come here. That can be handled. I'm personally pretty happy with our receiver situation, but Jackson has enough talent to be worth an exception (Jackson, Lafell, Dobson, Thompkins, Edelman, Slater likely being that final roster).

The only deal breaker is money. For me to give a guy 10 per they need more consistency in addition to the explosion and breakaway speed. They have to be the total package.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson sounds like a cancer looking for another host.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the pats even have enough money to sign their draft picks? I guess if they let wilfork go...

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is not worth the headache. I wouldn't want him on my team, even if it were at a discounted price.

milker2324

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He bitched about money at the end of this year, i highly doubt he is going to take a pay cut.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson sounds like a cancer looking for another host.

He really is, last year in one of the games, Eagles scored a TD ( I don't think he caught it) anyways he goes over the sideline and just goes bat shit crazy on one of his teammates, its on TV, the talking heads are of course hyping it up, and you can see Kelly trying to talk him off the ledge, it was embarassing...

Like I said if he leaves it wont break this fan's heart...

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you dont trade him to SF for peanuts like Harbaughs brother did w boldin...........

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unlikely Jackson ends up in San Fran. The media has to report every inquiry. I dont take the reports seriously.