• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its time for Chicago to pull the plug

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you have a super athletic qb obviously the best way to open up the defense is short screens lol.

Fields has all kinds of issues himself obviously but its a terrible marriage right now.
As I said, I was high on fields, don't know if poor coaching but he large enough sample size, he isn't showing NFL level anticipation, accuracy, or ability to read field

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I was high on fields, don't know if poor coaching but he large enough sample size, he isn't showing NFL level anticipation, accuracy, or ability to read field

He's taking too long to make reads for sure.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question the Bears have not done him any favors. I don't know what percentage of the blame goes where, but in the end it does not matter.

He needs to go somewhere that has a QB whisperer and sit and relearn at this point. The secret to maximizing potential of qbs like him is known. Allen and Hurts the 2 most recent. Richardson appears on the right track.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw this tweet from sharpe earlier and backs up what you are saying

Yeah its not that hard to understand

The syatem on Chicago is based on short, quick passes

The OL isn't supposed to block for 4 seconds. They're supposed to chop, get the DL hands down and the ball is supposed to be out

Fields isn't doing that a LOT. So yeah he's getting sacked because of shit HE is doing

Last week he became only the 3rd QB in the last 10 years to average more than 3.2 seconds before throwing the ball AND to average less than 5 YPA. He's just too slow on his progressions. Wayyyyy too slow. And he simply refuses to take the easy pass because he's loiking to make the highlight play

The other 2 to do that are Zach Wilson and Sam Darnold. Which right now are the best available comps for Fields

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he needs a QB coach where when he hits 3, or 5 steps they're harping on let it go. Simple stuff, see the D before the snap, head to left or right as you drop, when you hit the 3 or 5 you change head direction, read 1 guy and let it go.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing. I know for sure Chicago sports radio should be really fun to listen to tonight after the game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason they would think about trading him is if they wind up with the #1 pick. You ride Fields through his rookie contract. The Claypool trade was awful.
Plus this isn’t a case like Murray where the people responsible that drafted him are now gone. Gotta live with it. They won’t give up on him yet unless they somehow get the worst record, things would get interesting

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason they would think about trading him is if they wind up with the #1 pick. You ride Fields through his rookie contract. The Claypool trade was awful.
Plus this isn’t a case like Murray where the people responsible that drafted him are now gone. Gotta live with your misses.
Its interesting though

There are amazingly still a few peeps out there who think Fields is good

So do you try to take advantage of that by trading him now? If you go 4-13 again this year with him putting up a 80 QB rating again its going to be tough for even the most fervent Fields supporters to continue believing in him so you may totally lose ANY real possible comp for him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its interesting though

There are amazingly still a few peeps out there who think Fields is good

So do you try to take advantage of that by trading him now? If you go 4-13 again this year with him putting up a 80 QB rating again its going to be tough for even the most fervent Fields supporters to continue believing in him so you may totally lose ANY real possible comp for him
Depends on the return and who do you have to replace Fields? But the point is the people who drafted him knew he would be a project so you can’t just give up on him in 2 years. They slinged him into action for 2 years with no OL. He hasn’t look good so far this year but a lot of factors. If they do trade him, they don’t have a QB unless they plan on drafting a rookie and then starting over again.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the return and who do you have to replace Fields? But the point is the people who drafted him knew he would be a project so you can’t just give up on him in 2 years. They slinged him into action for 2 years with no OL. He hasn’t look good so far this year but a lot of factors. If they do trade him, they don’t have a QB unless they plan on drafting a rookie and then starting over again.

That's a big part of the problem, the coaches knew damn well when they put him in he wasn't ready. They just couldn't turn off the noise all the fans made about playing him. At this point he's not ruined yet, but it'll probably take a miracle to turn him into a QB, and I don't think they have the people to do it.

As I stated, Chicago sports radio is going to be fun as hell to listen to tonight. Some of the morons that call in are just beyond belief.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big part of the problem, the coaches knew damn well when they put him in he wasn't ready. They just couldn't turn off the noise all the fans made about playing him. At this point he's not ruined yet, but it'll probably take a miracle to turn him into a QB, and I don't think they have the people to do it.

As I stated, Chicago sports radio is going to be fun as hell to listen to tonight. Some of the morons that call in are just beyond belief.
I mean he just might not have it but a lot of what makes a QB great is who he works with, management, playcaller, etc. His development isn’t there yet and it may never get there. Too slow with his reads

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he just might not have it but a lot of what makes a QB great is who he works with, management, playcaller, etc. His development isn’t there yet and it may never get there. Too slow with his reads

I don't disagree. Simplify it so he's making 1 read and letting it go. Once he gets that down then you can move onto 2 reads and using his head to manipulate guys. Right now, I think he's still in over his head and the Chicago coaches think throwing a screen pass every series is making it easier on him.

Maybe the coaching staff is in over their head. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing his head is swimming and he might not know how to swim.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. Simplify it so he's making 1 read and letting it go. Once he gets that down then you can move onto 2 reads and using his head to manipulate guys. Right now, I think he's still in over his head and the Chicago coaches think throwing a screen pass every series is making it easier on him.

Maybe the coaching staff is in over their head. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing his head is swimming and he might not know how to swim.
Maybe a new team would help him but still no guarantee…I just don’t see it happening unless they end up having a chance at Caleb. Both sides are screwed at this point

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm watching highlights of the Bucs/Bears game and three plays stick out:

1) There is a play where the LT gets beat off the line of scrimmage immediately for a sack
2) There is a play where Mike Evans runs by a Bears CB for a really easy TD
3) There is a play where Fields throws it to Claypool and McCollum just takes it from Claypool. McCollum is a pretty physical player so he gets credit but Claypool has about 4" on him in combined size and arm length.

Yeah, Fields has been kinda bad so far this season but the Bears also have some real issues, too. There is a really, really good chance Fields will never be a top 10 QB but those guys dont exactly grow on trees.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

The time to pull the plug on Fields was when they had the #1 overall pick and Fields still could have netted them a reasonable draft pick.

And that was only 5 months ago and 2 NFL games ago.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

The time to pull the plug on Fields was when they had the #1 overall pick and Fields still could have netted them a reasonable draft pick.

And that was only 5 months ago and 2 NFL games ago.
Problem is your option isn’t reasonable. When was the last time a team drafted a QB top 15 then trashed him two years later to draft another one? There are probably examples but the QB was probably so bad he was a huge bust. It just doesn’t happen.

The one example I can come up with is the Cards. They drafted Rosen top 10 then the next year Murray. Rosen was a huge bust. They drafted Murray to be their franchise QB and now he is on his way to being a bust. Guess what happened to that FO? Fired.

There was also not a QB prospect considered a clear #1 pick. Young ended up being the guy but not to the level of Caleb Williams. Like I said, if they get the #1 pick this year it has to cross their mind. Caleb is an elite talent.

Maybe that’s what needs to happen. This FO needs canned. Start a new slate. Nothing is going right for this team.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is your option isn’t reasonable. When was the last time a team drafted a QB top 15 then trashed him two years later to draft another one? There are probably examples but the QB was probably so bad he was a huge bust. It just doesn’t happen.

The one example I can come up with is the Cards. They drafted Rosen top 10 then the next year Murray. Rosen was a huge bust. They drafted Murray to be their franchise QB and now he is on his way to being a bust. Guess what happened to that FO? Fired.

There was also not a QB prospect considered a clear #1 pick. Young ended up being the guy but not to the level of Caleb Williams. Like I said, if they get the #1 pick this year it has to cross their mind. Caleb is an elite talent.

Maybe that’s what needs to happen. This FO needs canned. Start a new slate. Nothing is going right for this team.
Two of the three QBs drafted ahead of Fields in ‘21 already lost their jobs.

Lance got dumped for a 4th. Wilson got his job back because ARodg is broken.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of the three QBs drafted ahead of Fields in ‘21 already lost their jobs.

Lance got dumped for a 4th. Wilson got his job back because ARodg is broken.

I was kind of having this argument with a Bears fan. He thinks you should just keep drafting QBs until you hit one. Which is fine if you're not stupid enough to trade away a bunch of draft capital to get "your guy". That tends to be the problem is GMs fall in love with the "guy" and the "guy" costs you your job. To me, it does make sense to draft a guy in the first round and if he's not a sure fire starter, don't give up other capital. The reality is one of them will come to you because you suck and you'll be drafting in the top of the draft. Better yet, stop falling in love with the one aspect of their game that is enticing and take the guy that comes to you.

The reason you can't give up other capital is you're then giving up the ability to surround your guy with talent. Why are bad teams bad? Usually because they don't have talent and have been mismanaged. Look at the Bears, they gave away a bunch of capital to get Trubisky and then did it again with Fields. While they missed on both, the crippling part of it is they gave up other high draft picks to get them. I'm not saying you're always going to hit with those other high draft picks, but statistically the more pics you have the better your chances of getting better players. Especially in the front end of the draft, rounds 1 thru 3 are kind of critical for building a roster and giving those up usually costs you. Not just depth, but starters also. Look at the Bears lines, they're not good. The guy they took this year looks ok, but the lines on both sides of the ball seem to be pretty limited to me.

You can add to that the Bears have had no success in developing a QB. I think a lot of that has to do with they "hear" their fans and put those guys in too early. Neither Trubisky or Fields was ready to play, but the staffs caved to the fan's and media's calls to play those guys as "they didn't draft and pay them to sit on the bench". That is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. First of all, if you're letting the fans make the decisions, you're going to be fired very soon. Secondly, if the guy isn't ready and needs more time, then that's reality, he needs more time and you give them that time. Lastly, you invested the capital and if you understand what it takes to be a NFL QB, why the hell are you letting outside noise make that decision? I'm not saying they destroyed both those guys, but they didn't do them any favors either with the nonsense they put them through.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of having this argument with a Bears fan. He thinks you should just keep drafting QBs until you hit one. Which is fine if you're not stupid enough to trade away a bunch of draft capital to get "your guy". That tends to be the problem is GMs fall in love with the "guy" and the "guy" costs you your job. To me, it does make sense to draft a guy in the first round and if he's not a sure fire starter, don't give up other capital. The reality is one of them will come to you because you suck and you'll be drafting in the top of the draft. Better yet, stop falling in love with the one aspect of their game that is enticing and take the guy that comes to you.

The reason you can't give up other capital is you're then giving up the ability to surround your guy with talent. Why are bad teams bad? Usually because they don't have talent and have been mismanaged. Look at the Bears, they gave away a bunch of capital to get Trubisky and then did it again with Fields. While they missed on both, the crippling part of it is they gave up other high draft picks to get them. I'm not saying you're always going to hit with those other high draft picks, but statistically the more pics you have the better your chances of getting better players. Especially in the front end of the draft, rounds 1 thru 3 are kind of critical for building a roster and giving those up usually costs you. Not just depth, but starters also. Look at the Bears lines, they're not good. The guy they took this year looks ok, but the lines on both sides of the ball seem to be pretty limited to me.

You can add to that the Bears have had no success in developing a QB. I think a lot of that has to do with they "hear" their fans and put those guys in too early. Neither Trubisky or Fields was ready to play, but the staffs caved to the fan's and media's calls to play those guys as "they didn't draft and pay them to sit on the bench". That is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. First of all, if you're letting the fans make the decisions, you're going to be fired very soon. Secondly, if the guy isn't ready and needs more time, then that's reality, he needs more time and you give them that time. Lastly, you invested the capital and if you understand what it takes to be a NFL QB, why the hell are you letting outside noise make that decision? I'm not saying they destroyed both those guys, but they didn't do them any favors either with the nonsense they put them through.
Great post!

You were right earlier also. Chicago AM radio was a lot of fun to listen to tonight.

I haven’t done the proper research to say for certain, but I’m somewhat confident that Mahomes and Peyton Manning are the only Top Ten picks this century, to win a SB as the starting QB with the team that drafted them.

And we have to go back to Aikman to get to the third one. (Big Ben was 11, Eli and Elway were traded for). Not really sure how far we have to go to get to 4. Maybe Bradshaw? Maybe I’m forgetting somebody, idk.

It’s not the path to success that’s it’s treated as by GMs.