• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its time for Chicago to pull the plug

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare Dalton's part time stats since he left the Bears. His part time stats/numbers are much greater than Fields. Had they stayed with Dalton, they would have been ahead in growth than where they currently are. Fact

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare Dalton's part time stats since he left the Bears. His part time stats/numbers are much greater than Fields. Had they stayed with Dalton, they would have been ahead in growth than where they currently are. Fact

Maybe...They likely would not have had the top draft pick last year. They also wouldn't likely have Carolina's draft pick next year either. I'm sure they don't want to rebuild around a new, rookie QB, but they will have lots of draft capital to turbo charge it in the spring. Dalton wasn't taking them above .500, so it would be a waste of time to have kept him as the starter in Chicago, in my opinion. I don't think Fields would be significantly better if he had sat under Dalton for a season or two either, although it has helped other QB's in the past.

I think the Bears did the right thing by playing Fields. In hindsight, they should not have drafted him, but at the time there were VERY few people that didn't think they got a good deal on him with the 11th pick. Some guys just don't work out.