• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its time for Chicago to pull the plug

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to brag about a guy that is asked to just do very little. He is very definition of being a game manager and even that might be a kind title. Fields was drafted to do a hell of a lot more than that and flashed way more talent than Ridder. No comparison, that’s why you can’t compare the two. Fields has a lot of issues but he is currently in a tough situation and has been for some time. Ridder is in a perfect situation with a ton of weapons and still can’t get Pitts the ball. They draft a WR top 10 and TE top 5 but rarely use them. If they want to maximize their assets they will eventually move away from Ridder, it’s only a matter of time. He wasn’t drafted high-so no loss. Another reason you or anyone can’t compare the two.
The best thing for Fields is to start over on a new team and with a new coach. He might not have it in him but some team would give it a try with all that talent.
It’s Baker’s 6th year in the league and right now he might have found his fit. Every situation is different and every QB develops at a differen rate. Start fresh and if that doesn’t work he won’t last in this league. Simple as that.
"Well if he was in a better spot" is something people say about a guy who hasn't been any good but those peeps really want him to be good

You can do that for anyone who hasn't been good

Ultimately most of the issues with Fields are because of Fields. Nearly all of them in fact

It's extraordinarily easy to say " well sure his numbers suck and he cant win but you put him in another situation and he'd be great!!"

Because there's no way to prove yourself right or for someone else to prove you wrong

At the end of the day the Bears have been better with Andy Dalton/Nick Foles/Trevor Siemian starting for them side they drafted Justin. That's just the reality

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt even talking about ATL

I was talking about Fields

I was asked to comp the 2 QBs and i did. Using actual facts and numbers

I don't think Ridder it's our long term answer. But he's currently, right now, better than Fields on pretty much any metric you can use other than rushing

That's not bragging on him. It's pointing out how fucking awful Fields is. Because he's fucking terrible and has been since day 1
the mission is clear.

the rant is Fields

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Field is just awful

He's been awful for 2+ years

Yes occasionally you get a highlight reel play but that's it. He's either not willing or not capable of learning the actual skills it takea to play the position
Fuck you, we’re getting that number one pick again, whether you like it or not!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I decided to have some fun and wasn't a jerk and called in twice. Both times before we actually got into a decent conversation they hung up on me. My second call was to state that yes, I see they're down on Fields and understand why. He's started or played in 27 games, with a high passing yards of 291. At this point, 27 games, he should see the field and know what to do with the ball. At that point he hung up...wtf...I wasn't trolling, I wanted to know what he thought. 670 the score... 312-644-6767. Gabe Ramirez. He's done with Fields, so I keep feeding him with crap.

Since he hung up on me, I'm probably going to torture him until Dec or so

I always like to click that on Sunday night/early Monday morning. Comedy for sure. I always enjoyed when they has Les Grobstein doing that show before he died a year or 2 ago. I can pick it up on the radio but better using the Audacy App on the phone. His show is the one where they take quite a few phone calls as it is great to hear the Chicago fans thoughts not just the radio host

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, I don't think Fields is completely wrong. Sometimes coaches talk too much and create doubt and call stupid plays but Fields just doesn't have the mental side of the position figured out and he has to improve soon as a passer or he won't last long. It was shitty that the press asked the question and he answered too quickly without thinking it through. These days, you just can't do that or it explodes on social media and becomes a feeding frenzy for the sharks. I've always maintained that good QB play is more about what's between the ears than it is about athletic ability. They all have the athletic skills.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a lot going right for bears offense

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I feel when I read this thread:

main-qimg-c9c9f3a9238e95ee77308bd45b2d4094-lq

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have two first round draft picks next year, both possible in the top 10.

But somehow, they will mess it up. Again.

Probably use those picks on a DB and LB.
Well they need to improve so much: defense and OL. I will say if Fields does not improve I am all for the Bears going for Caleb if they get the #1 pick or a team that does not need a QB gets the #1 but changes will still need to be made to this organization if they draft Caleb.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been posting this since the beginning. I get drafting him, but should have started Dalton and let him sit a year. Not just because of Dalton but too many young qb's are getting thrown out in a game when they weren't ready these days. Everybody wants the next Rodgers or Brady, but they weren't thrown to the wolves week 1 of season 1. Let them play ALOT in preseason for the first year or two and don't throw them out on the field because of a spark or good drive with the B team during preseason.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would probably be an interesting stat if you could find it on great qb's , how many were given a few years to season and mature vs. how many weren't ready and named starter just because.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would probably be an interesting stat if you could find it on great qb's , how many were given a few years to season and mature vs. how many weren't ready and named starter just because.
Being highly drafted is where the pressure to play them comes from. So, I'll only include Rd 1 Qbs (and not all of them are going to be great, some just good). These are Off the top of my head...

Guys like P.Manning, Marino, Aikman, and Elway all started as rookies either right away or within their rookie season. So did Luck, Eli, Rivers, Big Ben, Vick, Stafford, Ryan, etc.

Others like Mahomes, Rodgers, McNair, and Palmer all sat for at least a year.

And of those who sat for a year, only Rodgers and McNair sat for more than 1 season. These days of free agency and the salary cap mean there just isn't time to give them "a few years" on the bench to season and mature.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Roman should be consulted.

The ex Ravens OC would be able to help out that offense. He had a QB in Action Jackson that has a similar skill set and created an offense around him that worked.