• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's time for a new commissioner who will...

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..."protect the NFL brand"

With every passing season, Roger Godell's command feels more and more like he's the head of the NCAA, instead of the NFL. Maybe take a few lessons from Tim Finchem's leadership of the PGA Tour and actually guard your players; FYI Roger just like the on the PGA Tour , players are the brand.

You think if Josh Gordon was an up and coming superstar on the PGA he would be suspended for smoking weed? How about if Tom Brady who was already a PGA megastar was found to be using under compressed golf balls? Uh, no they wouldn't be.

"Perception is reality" Roger. And the perception you are giving players of the NFL is a direct result of your incompetence to "protect the brand".

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur out with Goodell and in with @Caliskinsfan as new Commish. She is the most impartial poster on here, besides me that is. I'll take some of that 44mill in an envelope Cali pls

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revenues for the NFL have exploded under Goodell. That is what he is paid to do.

Comparing the NFL to the PGA is dubious. The players are the brand in the PGA. The teams are the brand in the NFL, moreso than any other major league.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With every passing season, Roger Godell's command feels more and more like he's the head of the NCAA, instead of the NFL. Maybe take a few lessons from Tim Finchem's leadership of the PGA Tour and actually guard your players; FYI Roger just like the on the PGA Tour , players are the brand.

You think if Josh Gordon was an up and coming superstar on the PGA he would be suspended for smoking weed? How about if Tom Brady who was already a PGA megastar was found to be using under compressed golf balls? Uh, no they wouldn't be.

"Perception is reality" Roger. And the perception you are giving players of the NFL is a direct result of your incompetence to "protect the brand".
I couldn't disagree more. Why the fuck should Goodell protect Josh Gordon or any other law breaking, cheating, drug taking, woman beating idiot in the league. The players are the problem. If they stay out of trouble, then Goodell is being praised.

I also agree with flyerhawk about comparing the PGA to the NFL. It makes absolutly no sense.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur out with Goodell and in with @Caliskinsfan as new Commish. She is the most impartial poster on here, besides me that is. I'll take some of that 44mill in an envelope Cali pls
I'll take an envelope of that cheddar as well. Although if I was commish, it might look weird when the entire Seahawks team is suspended. Gotta do something to dethrone those fuckers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't disagree more. Why the fuck should Goodell protect Josh Gordon or any other law breaking, cheating, drug taking, woman beating idiot in the league. The players are the problem. If they stay out of trouble, then Goodell is being praised.

I also agree with flyerhawk about comparing the PGA to the NFL. It makes absolutly no sense.

I don't know why people don't get that Goodell's job is #1 make as much money as possible (no one has done better). #2 bring about as much attention to the NFL as possible (pretty much we have 24/7 365 coverage of the NFL. No other sport has the kind of coverage the NFL does even though they have one of the shortest seasons of the major sports. #3 protect the shield. Now the last one is the one people can question how he has been doing but I would say all leagues are trying to play catch up on some of the off the field issues. The NFL is just getting noticed more because of the vast popularity. I mean look at MLB going before congress yet no one hardly talks about players suspended for steroids from baseball. Most major sports networks will do a quick maybe 2 minute video clip of even the top players suspended. Where in the NFL that could be a week's worth of news just off one player and people would still pay to watch every little detail.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take lessons from a league that nobody cares about?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to take a guess who the lead owner is that negotiates the tv contracts?

Goodell has nearly nothing to do with the current revenue stream coming into the NFL. A friggen potato could pull of a similar revenue stream.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining about Goodell is for the weak and simple-minded. It's cliche'.

Find someone who will do a better job and the owners will hire him tomorrow.

Last edited:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're talking about the same PGA that allows fans to call in improper drops on Tiger Woods?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In golf you're expected to play by the rules. In games where there's officiating, you're expected to try to get away with breaking them ie, holding, fouling.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to take a guess who the lead owner is that negotiates the tv contracts?

Goodell has nearly nothing to do with the current revenue stream coming into the NFL. A friggen potato could pull of a similar revenue stream.

I guess the owners pay him nearly 40 million a year because they think he's swell guy.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing to do with it? :L
Then why have a commissioner?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about the same PGA that allows fans to call in improper drops on Tiger Woods?

You think Tiger should be able to cheat with impunity?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out with Goodell and in with @Caliskinsfan as new Commish. She is the most impartial poster on here, besides me that is.
You know I'm the most impartial poster on SportsHoopla sonny. Give credit where credit is due. :D

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the way it should be. You obviously never played the game.