• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm looking for a site that will host a league based on All Play Record

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main fantasy league is a keeper league and we're basically scrapping our whole league this season and keeping our keepers for next year. We're going to do a redraft league and base our standings off of All Play Record. We won't have divisions or anything, but we will be able to adapt to the NFL with this whole covid thing in the event that they play multiple games then have to shut it down.

Anyway, we pay MFL and we don't want to do that this season. So, we're looking for a free site that will let us set up the standings to be based off of AP records. I checked into ESPN and didn't see a way to set it up like that. I know there are millions of free sites out there, so I was wondering if you guys have ever messed around with setting up a league like this and where I could do it. We know we're going to sacrifice some minor scoring tweaks to fit it into their system, so I guess I should mention that the league starts a lot of IDPs and a punter.

As always, I appreciate the input.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I ask what All Play Record is?
Some leagues use it as a tiebreaker, but honestly, I think it is the best way to tell who the best team is in your league, or the best teams.

Basically, it works like this... every week, you play every team in your league. The team with the highest point total for the week goes 11-0 (based on a 12 team league). The 2nd highest team goes 10-1, then 9-2, 8-3, and on down to 0-11 for the team with the lowest point total. You add those up throughout the season and that is your all play record.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some leagues use it as a tiebreaker, but honestly, I think it is the best way to tell who the best team is in your league, or the best teams.

Basically, it works like this... every week, you play every team in your league. The team with the highest point total for the week goes 11-0 (based on a 12 team league). The 2nd highest team goes 10-1, then 9-2, 8-3, and on down to 0-11 for the team with the lowest point total. You add those up throughout the season and that is your all play record.
It's part of the best way for sure.

On sportsline, which CBS bought back in the day, that is breakdown. (@obxyankeefan also provides this service.)

It's part of our payouts in my money league. (Most money from payouts determines "Championship", not the actual league Super Bowl. ). I joined in 99, league has been around since USFL days. Only site I know of with it is CBS i guess. But we pay. Think it is $50 for the season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to do all play you might as well do just end of season points. It is easier.

really both are equally flawed.

Points end of season doesn’t measure consistency well, as you can have a few monster weeks that win you the league.

but all play or breakdown only measures consistency. You can’t have any terrible weeks but at the same time you don’t need any best of the best weeks.

always found it funny people complain so much about H2H. It mimics real life the most. Does the best team in real life always win??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you’re looking for the Tuesday newspaper. ;)

Ahh, those were the days!

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u can do this on fantrax just change the number of match ups:suds:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I set the league up on Fantrax, but now it wants to charge me $80. Don't they have free leagues?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to do all play you might as well do just end of season points. It is easier.

really both are equally flawed.

Points end of season doesn’t measure consistency well, as you can have a few monster weeks that win you the league.

but all play or breakdown only measures consistency. You can’t have any terrible weeks but at the same time you don’t need any best of the best weeks.

always found it funny people complain so much about H2H. It mimics real life the most. Does the best team in real life always win??

I think consistency is the most overrated thing in fantasy both for teams and players which would mean i prefer end of season points which.... i hate.

I'm with you though. H2H is the best - so much of the fun of fantasy comes from head to head matchups. I dont care if it means the best team doesnt always win. The best team doesnt win in real life either. Give me the fun and the exciting H2H moments that make a league.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since i jumped in to comment already...i dont know of any definite all-play sites outside of MFL.

People seem to like Sleeper (im not really a fan though) and they are adding a lot of features - maybe they have all-play. Sleeper is best used through an app FWIW (seems to be a big benefit for a lot of people).

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I set the league up on Fantrax, but now it wants to charge me $80. Don't they have free leagues?
They all are default free, its checking those little boxes on the league setup with the coins next to them that bump you into premiums.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure fantrax tracks the all play record for free, so all you've gotta do is manually set the playoff matches according to the record. Small price to pay if the alternative is $80

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I emailed their support and they fixed the issue.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i use MFL as well to host my league up here north of the 49th..

i paid already and they promise to refund if we dont get past week 8

or is it week 9..