• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's time for a break...........

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have made every effort to watch every game of the M's, Hawks, and Sonics ever since I was a kid. In the rough years you sometimes have to take a break from the madness, more so with the M's considering the length of the season. So, with as much anticipation that I put on myself for this years M's season it is now time to take a break for the weekend. I'm ready to watch these games with less hope as usual, which is an annual bummer. I love this team, but damn, they're already showing their normal selves and it's not even May. I will always root and watch my team, but for this weekend I will take a break from the stress better known as Mariners baseball.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. Thanks for announcing this to all of us. We were all wondering if you were going to watch this weekend. I mean a whole 2-3 days. What a break. Fo what i do. Stop caring. Stop posting about not caring too. I barely watch any games!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I've been pretty busy lately and I'm unable to catch most of the games that don't start at 7pm or are on the weekends. I usually don't get home until 8pm so a lot of my Mariners viewing comes from reviewing the box score.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. Thanks for announcing this to all of us. We were all wondering if you were going to watch this weekend. I mean a whole 2-3 days. What a break. Fo what i do. Stop caring. Stop posting about not caring too. I barely watch any games![/QUOTE]

Good for you, I think it's the same for most of us, but no need to knock someone who has been watching most of the games and now is giving it up.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least you didn't miss much today.

And neither did I; I was working through the whole embarrassment.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the M's credit for one thing though, they saved me $200 since once again there is no need to buy the package. I do admittedly watch them on 720 (Direct TV) on the 8 boxes at a time channel which for some reason is free this year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bad decision leads to many more bad decisions. Case in point; If we draft Rendon, who was rated the highest pick at the time and who fit a need on the team, we play him at 2B and never have to spend $240M on one player. We use that $240M on 5 players at $50M or 4 players at $60M and have a more complete team. Who they would be and would they come here, who really knows but it at least would have given us a chance to compete like the A's. Ya Jack would have effed it up, but give me at least the dream of what could have been.

Sorry, but never like Hultzen pick and always wanted Rendon and the Nationals are reaping the benefit of making him their choice.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. Thanks for announcing this to all of us. We were all wondering if you were going to watch this weekend. I mean a whole 2-3 days. What a break. Fo what i do. Stop caring. Stop posting about not caring too. I barely watch any games!
Can you try being more sarcastic and bitter?

Hell, posting about not caring is all you do. Why should the OP not be allowed to flaunt his indifference around the way you do?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I ended up watching the games anyways and what a disaster! For me, NWinAZ, I once again bought the package on Directv as I do every year and am already questioning it. Obviously nobody cares whether or not anyone watches the games on these boards so I won't be laying out my viewing schedule with all of you any longer. Though, with Felix on the mound tomorrow I am hoping that the King can turn this ship around. The potential is there with this team.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have made every effort to watch every game of the M's, Hawks, and Sonics ever since I was a kid. In the rough years you sometimes have to take a break from the madness, more so with the M's considering the length of the season. So, with as much anticipation that I put on myself for this years M's season it is now time to take a break for the weekend. I'm ready to watch these games with less hope as usual, which is an annual bummer. I love this team, but damn, they're already showing their normal selves and it's not even May. I will always root and watch my team, but for this weekend I will take a break from the stress better known as Mariners baseball.

I have love for the Mariners also… But I'm realistic because I know the owners don't love us… The only reason I even like the Mariners is because they represent my city… I can't STAND the ownership group and the absolute BS product they've given us… I'm not even asking for world series titles, I'm just asking for good competitive baseball… Mariners are not even competitive and haven't been for 14 years now… HOW MANY years does it take to at least come CLOSE to winning the division? It's a joke… If the Mariners sold and left town I wouldn't give a rats azz … That ownership group can kiss off… I truly hope they sell soon because baseball has been destroyed by these numb nuts …

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have love for the Mariners also… But I'm realistic because I know the owners don't love us… The only reason I even like the Mariners is because they represent my city… I can't STAND the ownership group and the absolute BS product they've given us… I'm not even asking for world series titles, I'm just asking for good competitive baseball… Mariners are not even competitive and haven't been for 14 years now… HOW MANY years does it take to at least come CLOSE to winning the division? It's a joke… If the Mariners sold and left town I wouldn't give a rats azz … That ownership group can kiss off… I truly hope they sell soon because baseball has been destroyed by these numb nuts …

Mark Cuban? I too hope they sell because if they don't care why should the team that they throw out there. I will say this, they've been willing to spend more than four of the playoff teams from last year. I don't believe in the throw money at it to make it better because that hasn't always proven to be worth while, but caring about the game enough to put the right management in place is what gets me. We need the right guys in charge and the players will follow.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bad decision leads to many more bad decisions. Case in point; If we draft Rendon, who was rated the highest pick at the time and who fit a need on the team, we play him at 2B and never have to spend $240M on one player. We use that $240M on 5 players at $50M or 4 players at $60M and have a more complete team. Who they would be and would they come here, who really knows but it at least would have given us a chance to compete like the A's. Ya Jack would have effed it up, but give me at least the dream of what could have been.

Sorry, but never like Hultzen pick and always wanted Rendon and the Nationals are reaping the benefit of making him their choice.

Great post. We talked about Rendon on a CBS thread, about how the Mariners future infield might be: Rendon, Franklin, Ackley and Fielder. LOL. Pipe dreams.

I think Rendon's last year at Rice dropped his stock a little bit. But right now, he looks like a better player than Harper and Strasburg.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I ended up watching the games anyways and what a disaster! For me, NWinAZ, I once again bought the package on Directv as I do every year and am already questioning it. Obviously nobody cares whether or not anyone watches the games on these boards so I won't be laying out my viewing schedule with all of you any longer. Though, with Felix on the mound tomorrow I am hoping that the King can turn this ship around. The potential is there with this team.

I may not agree with their potential, but I like your ability to stick with them. My patience ran out a decade ago. When Lou couldn't teach this organization how to be a winner, that's when all hope was lost with me. We had 3 managers quit within a decade. Has that ever happened before in baseball?

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't let my comment discourage you from posting whatever you want, viewing schedule included. I was just being a jerk.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. We talked about Rendon on a CBS thread, about how the Mariners future infield might be: Rendon, Franklin, Ackley and Fielder. LOL. Pipe dreams.

I think Rendon's last year at Rice dropped his stock a little bit. But right now, he looks like a better player than Harper and Strasburg.

I remember the pipe dream. He had an injured ankle which had teams questioning him, but I would take him at his salary over Cano and his. He seems to be a guy on a mission to prove himself. He may be better than Harper and Strasburg in the long run.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have reached that time of the season where my disgust with this franchise has boiled over into pure anger.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My anger burned out years ago. Now I just laugh at the franchise and chuckle at the 'devoted fans' that tell me every spring training how this year will be different. I am not negative, I am just realistic.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My anger burned out years ago. Now I just laugh at the franchise and chuckle at the 'devoted fans' that tell me every spring training how this year will be different. I am not negative, I am just realistic.

I usually remain pretty detached, just occasionally I get extremely irritated with how pathetic this franchise is.