• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's official...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raptors, Grizzlies, Pistons Agree On Rudy Gay Trade
Jan 30, 2013 5:27 PM EST

A deal for the Memphis Grizzlies to send Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors has been agreed upon, according to sources.

The Raptors will send out Jose Calderon and Ed Davis for Gay and Hamed Haddadi.

The Pistons will acquire Calderon, with the Grizzlies receiving Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye.

The Grizzlies will also receive a second round pick from the Raptors.

Toronto is likely to waive Haddadi following a buyout, reports Ken Berger of CBS Sports.

The Grizzlies will save $5.8 million this season and $26.4 million over three season before factoring in potential luxury tax ramifications.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow
The Baldy era is over.
True warrior for this francise

I think Gay will excel here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow
The Baldy era is over.
True warrior for this francise

I think Gay will excel here.

I'm really skeptical that this is actually a home run deal for Salesman. You essentially lose all the upside (both what he has shown to be capable of this season and his upside...which has become quite clear that he has not hit his ceiling yet) and his rookie contract to take on 37 million over the next two years. You create a log jam at the 3 (likely Owl will be waived in this case). You get a player who has an extremely similar skill set to your starting acne-filled SG. Most importantly, this move is indicative of another move to come which is getting rid of Poon Machine.

Is it just me or does every new Salesman trade look like it was done to cover up a mistake he had made in the past?

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, reports had Grizz wanting Rawwwsss and Salesman had him as untouchable. I find that to be very interesting that he would want to have Gay, Acne AND Ross on the same team.

yeah, don't need all three. I'd trade ross cause derozan is the biggest loser therefore most likely to stick around in canada long term. But if ross is untouchable...... period period period

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, don't need all three. I'd trade ross cause derozan is the biggest loser therefore most likely to stick around in canada long term. But if ross is untouchable...... period period period

Maybe some team in the league actually wants a Kobe Bryant wannabe who happens to also have a lot of acne?

tumblr_m85e8mw00m1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BAHAHA, calderon's going to guetto detroit, another garbage team.No wonder he's so choked

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldy will have the last laugh when he goes to a true contender next year. I dontknow why the Pistons make the deal./

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I could seehm going to the Heat