• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Official: Rams Interested In Sanchez

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather the Rams implode, move to London, become the North Shire Fancy Pants, lose again to the NE patriots in the next SB than have chez come here.

Anyone who wears their hair like this should be put out to pastor and shot.........

mark-sanchez.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ohwell: :puke:

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah...and the worse part is, he's gonna want at least 4 mill a year! If we pay that much, somethings definately wrong with this organization.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this could very well happen... WTF??
"I'd say that there is interest. I can't say how much. But there certainly would be interest,'' Rams coach Jeff Fisher told USA TODAY Sports Sunday at the league's owners meetings. "I don't have a backup with experience on the roster right now.''
What the Rams have right now is starter Sam Bradford, who is five months removed from suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament last October. The backup at present is inexperienced second-year pro Austin Davis.
Brian had a good relationship with Mark,'' Fisher said. "He's just learning. He's been to the AFC Championship game a couple of times, so he's been there.''

Micheal Vick just sign a 1 year 5 mill deal. There's no way Sanchez is worth anything near that.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really followed this guys career. (no reason) Exactly what does he bring to the table we need?:noidea:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a joke right? Or just a bad dream or something. Are you kidding me?? Isn't one over-paid big-time loser QB on the roster enough for Fishhead?? If he brings in Sanchez to hold hands with Shottenheimer, Fishers more of an idiot than even I thought he was. Even if you don't sign this guy, how do you even declare interest in him? And no doubt he's going to want more $$$ than he's close to being worth. I can just imagine it now.........Sanchez at QB, Pead himself at RB, Quick to disappear at WR, and Saffold with his shoulder in a sling at tackle.......its the GSOT reborn! Oh, I get it now, Fisher is playing for a high draft pick next year.......

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are not looking at the bigger picture here. Guy won TWO AFC championships with the same offensive coordinator (aka HE ALREADY KNOWS THE OFFENSE) with LESS talent. I have ZERO issue with him holding a clipboard if he comes cheaper than what the Jets signed Vick for. We will still draft a QB and sorry but Austin Davis will be gone. He is NOT an NFL QB...

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are not looking at the bigger picture here. Guy won TWO AFC championships with the same offensive coordinator (aka HE ALREADY KNOWS THE OFFENSE) with LESS talent. I have ZERO issue with him holding a clipboard if he comes cheaper than what the Jets signed Vick for. We will still draft a QB and sorry but Austin Davis will be gone. He is NOT an NFL QB...

Let's be real here KSU. He DID NOT win ANY AFC championships or he would have been in the Super Bowl, which he was not. He GOT to two AFC championships, but only by riding on the coattails of a great Jets defense at the time.

And sure he knows Shottenheimer's offense. Big deal. Is that supposed to be a good thing?? I know the Cat in the Hat book by heart. That doesn't make me a competent reader.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wager $3000, Alex.

What is: "How do you make your team an even bigger joke than being linked to an attempt to draw Brett Favre out of retirement?".

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad Boss... that was what I meant. Think about this in a short term. If Bradford is not 100% come week 1, wouldn't be nice to have a semi competent NFL level QB who already knows the offense the team runs as opposed to someone like Davis or a rookie trying to step in with the expectations this team has?
At the end of the day, Sanchez would 100% be a clipboard holder IMO and having a clipboard holder that knows the language of the offense, knows the signals etc is never a bad thing.
I agree he has never come close to living up to expectations. Personally I think a change of scenery to a place like St Louis, with ZERO expectations, could be a good thing for him and the Rams.

But again, if he wants more than what the Jets signed Vick for, Snead needs to move on.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red, that is the funniest vid I have watched in awhile. The Gluteus Maxometer to measure the force received on the butt fumble!! Classic. Everyone should watch this and like you stated: "Need I say more".

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad Boss... that was what I meant. Think about this in a short term. If Bradford is not 100% come week 1, wouldn't be nice to have a semi competent NFL level QB who already knows the offense the team runs as opposed to someone like Davis or a rookie trying to step in with the expectations this team has?
At the end of the day, Sanchez would 100% be a clipboard holder IMO and having a clipboard holder that knows the language of the offense, knows the signals etc is never a bad thing.
I agree he has never come close to living up to expectations. Personally I think a change of scenery to a place like St Louis, with ZERO expectations, could be a good thing for him and the Rams.

But again, if he wants more than what the Jets signed Vick for, Snead needs to move on.

But you're making a fatal error in your reasoning KSU. Sanchez is not interested in being a QB. He's interested in being a playboy. He completes more passes off the field than he ever does on the field. In addition to his basic lack of talent/intellect, he is not a player devoted to his craft. That is exactly why he is in the position he is in right now. If he had any potential at all, I think the QB needy Jets, who just signed a desperate and broken down Michael Vick would have given him another chance or tried to pick him up at a reduced salary anyway. A mannequin from JC Penny would fill the roster spot better than Sanchez. We are quickly going to get the reputation that St. Louis is the place where wennie QBs go for their final resting place. Just can't imagine a locker room where the team is looking to Bradford and Sanchez for leadership. Those two would have the whole team painting their toenails pink before every game.

I agree with you in saying we need a veteran backup at QB, but in the real world you can't always have what you want.

Perhaps if we draft a rookie that can sit for a year---personally I expect the Bradford experiment to finally burn to the ground this season----then maybe we have a player ready to step in next season. If not, we'll be drafting high again and then we'll get our QB next year.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly doubt we pick him up. This is just dumb ESPN rhetoric that grabs headlines for about 5 minutes. Fisher and Co. knows that Chez is garbage and shouldn't even be holding a clip board. There's other reporters that are claiming the Rams have no interest him Chez.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly doubt we pick him up. This is just dumb ESPN rhetoric that grabs headlines for about 5 minutes. Fisher and Co. knows that Chez is garbage and shouldn't even be holding a clip board. There's other reporters that are claiming the Rams have no interest him Chez.

Well I hope you're right Jacob. But why on earth would Fisher declare that they have an interest in this guy? Is he TRYING to make himself look stupid?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I dont know which is more stupid, the Raiders signing Matt Shaub or us paying Sanchez 5 mill a year?? Please say it aint so....