• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's LOTTO DAY!!!

Who gets the first pick in the draft?

• Celtics

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Suns

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Lakers

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sixers

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Magic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of them NBA ready right now? Although I can't pronounce most of those names.

Im only kidding, ive never watched any of them

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean really. the deep concern from non- Lakers fans/Lakers haters is absolutely heart warming...

no, really...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriosuly

it astounds me

the Lakers have been horrible- and i dont know about you- but if im guessing - Ingram and or Russell- while they might become very solid players---- neither appears to be a star

Fultz or Ball would immediately become the biggest talent they have had on the team since Kobe and would represent the best chance at having a franchise player since Kobe retired.--------- not only that- but a SECOND first rounder is also riding on it.

the value of a top 3 pick, and a 1st rounder in the future is IMMENSE. I mean- if they get a top 3 pick they could prob trade it and like Clarkson tomorrow for George or Butler if they wanted. Thats freaking HUGE.

I mean- i understand they are no longer the burning dumpster fire they were 2-3 years ago pre- Randle, Russell, Ingram------ but whats on the line is 1 humongous asset, and 1 pretty solid asset.

Yep. The 2019 pick becomes more valuable from the simple fact that they'd be missing out on a top pick in 2017. There is a lot on the line for them. Very hopeful that the pick conveys to the 76ers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-lottery-karma-rankings-bill-simmons-c912bc51c4f9

Technicality no. 1: The Celtics grabbed Brooklyn’s spot thanks to 2013’s trade/pillaging, in which they did everything short of stealing Brooklyn’s credit cards and online identity. The Celts are sending owner Wyc Grousbeck to represent them when they should have sent former Nets GM Billy King. Who’s luckier for the Celtics than Billy King???? If I ever saw him, I’d keep trying to hug him even as he kept trying to punch me in the face.

Technicality no. 2: The Lakers give their 2017 pick to Philly and lose 2019’s first-rounder to Orlando UNLESS they land a top-three pick. In your opinion, what’s a more realistic outcome tonight?

A. A signature NBA franchise in the league’s second-biggest TV market loses two first-rounders, including a top-three player in the best lottery in 10 years, despite having one of the five most famous basketball players of all time representing them during the event in his first public act as the new face of their franchise.

B. Donald Trump shaves his head, admits he colluded with Russia, apologizes to the Clintons, hands his businesses over to charities, and announces his resignation.

(I’m going with “B.”)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I wrote in Friday’s LeBron-Isaiah column, anyone who creates at a high level for himself and four carefully spaced teammates can become a superstar these days. Barring injury, that makes MF a worthy no. 1 pick, but the next six guys (Lonzo Ball, Josh Jackson, Jayson Tatum, Jonathan Isaac, Malik Monk, and De’Aaron Fox) have ridiculously high upside too. And I didn’t even mention Steve Francis 2.0 For Better Or Worse (Dennis Smith, gaining major buzz this week) or The Extremely Poor Man’s Dirk Nowitzki (Lauri Markkanen). It’s such a deep lottery that the Knicks — picking around seventh unless they vault into the top three — almost can’t screw this night up. It’s like we finally figured out how to childproof the lottery for Dolan.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During an appearance on Tuesday's episode of ESPN's First Take (via Ryne Nelson of SLAM), Waiters had a quick and simple response when asked if Miami would be a good fit for Ball,.

"Nah, not Miami," he said. "We got The Dragon. We got Tyler Johnson. We got a bunch of dogs in Miami. You got to be a dog to come over there."

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets the first pick in the draft?

I got a good feeling for the Suns..........

Do the Lakers keep their pick, or do the Sixers get 2 top 6-7 picks?

Do the Kings stay at 8 and 10 or jump up?

Do the Heat stay last in the lotto?

should be interesting............................................8 pm. Changes the course of franchises

Unless you're the 76ers.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Miami gets a really good player......they tried to make the playoffs and almost did. Unlike teams intentionally tanking.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be stunned if we get the #1 pick (although we deserve it after getting screwed over on the CP trade) but think we will get a top 3 pick. Probably #3 overall.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, the Cavs tried this and it didn't work.....then lured James back and traded for Love.
how did they lure lebron back?

who did they trade for kevin love?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During an appearance on Tuesday's episode of ESPN's First Take (via Ryne Nelson of SLAM), Waiters had a quick and simple response when asked if Miami would be a good fit for Ball,.

"Nah, not Miami," he said. "We got The Dragon. We got Tyler Johnson. We got a bunch of dogs in Miami. You got to be a dog to come over there."
translation:

"do not bring in anyone that will prevent me from getting the ball"

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
translation:

"do not bring in anyone that will prevent me from getting the ball"

My guess is that the Heats shot distribution was as equally split as any team in the leagues the last 41 games of the season.
Dion became the best option in late game situations, but that was earned and deserved.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having conflicted feelings about this draft.

I hate the Lakers and would love to see them lose their pick.

But, I love Magic more than I despise the Lakers and want him to succeed.

I want Lonzo to go to a Team outside of California so he can be his own man and get some distance from the stench of his father.

But, I also want to see him play in person more than two games a Season.

#Conundrum

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having conflicted feelings about this draft.

I hate the Lakers and would love to see them lose their pick.

But, I love Magic more than I despise the Lakers and want him to succeed.

I want Lonzo to go to a Team outside of California so he can be his own man and get some distance from the stench of his father.

But, I also want to see him play in person more than two games a Season.

#Conundrum

I'd rather Ball go to the Knicks so he gets some distance from his dad.