• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's LOTTO DAY!!!

Who gets the first pick in the draft?

• Celtics

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Suns

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Lakers

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sixers

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Magic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they dont keep their pick i dont know how they trade for Georg-e they would have to gut the team to do so.

Yeah, I don't know either. Might as well wait a year at that point. But maybe they freak out and try to make a big splash? Like I said, that's what I'd love to see them do -- not saying it would make sense for them to do it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know either. Might as well wait a year at that point. But maybe they freak out and try to make a big splash? Like I said, that's what I'd love to see them do -- not saying it would make sense for them to do it.

I think they wait. simply no reason to go into panic mode...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings have made some really bad trades over the last few years but I'm not sure they're in as bad of a position as everyone thinks.
The young core players they have now(Skal, Buddy, WCS, PapaG, Richardson) along with hopefully 2 top 10 picks, a 2nd round pick, and Bogdan Bogdanovic possibly coming over this year is a pretty good group. And with how young they are, they're more than likely gonna finish top 5 if not top 3 for next years draft as long as the lottery balls don't screw them over. I'm cautiously optimistic about the future, the boneheaded owner better not decide he wants Vlade to trade off young players and overpay middling vets to make a playoff run next year. We need to embrace the tank/rebuild for at least one more season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Bam Adebayo as a better prospect than Leaf. I think Leaf could probably fit a role faster, but I love the upside of Adebayo. He's more of a project, but I love his athleticism and his touch around the rim.
there seem to be 2 tiers at the top of the draft....

jackson, fultz, ball,

and then a second tier that extends to somewhere between the 7th and 9th pick.....that includes smith, monk, tatum, isaac, fox,

after that it kind falls off again.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jackson, fultz, ball,

and then a second tier that extends to somewhere between the 7th and 9th pick.....that includes smith, monk, tatum, isaac, fox,

I think fall off isn't really the right word I would use to describe it. I think there's a lot more raw talent to be had in the late lotto. It's really going to come down to scouting and also player development.

I like Patton, Adebayo, and Rabb as potential projects. They all have parts of their game I really like, but they definitely need work.

Later in the 1st round of the draft I think Tyler Lydon is going to be a real nice find for a team. I think he's potentially a more athletic version of Ryan Anderson. He has to put on some more muscle as I see it, but his shooting is elite and he's a good athlete and decent rebounder too.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jackson, fultz, ball,

I'm not sure I really see two tiers. Jackson, Fultz, and Ball look like they should be pretty good pros. Same with the other guys you mentioned. But I'm not sure there is much separation between the top 3 and many of the other guys.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any European guys sneaking into the lottery this season?

Seems pretty American heavy for the first time in a long time

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any European guys sneaking into the lottery this season?

Seems pretty American heavy for the first time in a long time

Looking @ the latest mock draft on nbadraft.net the foreign players drafted will be...

Frank Ntilikina (France), Rodions Kurucs (Latvia), Anzejs Pasecniks (Latvia), Mathias Lessort (France), Aleksandar Vezen (Bulgaria) & Egemen Guven (Turkey)

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, count me in on the Laker fans that don't view this as an all or nothing situation. All or nothing was when we had Xavier henry, Farmar, etc. on the team and we NEEDED to get some sort of semblance of a young pick that could have a promising future. This year, having a stable of young guys with Ingram, Russell, and Zu having the most potential, lessens the blow of possibly not having the pick this year. Also, while I'm not counting on such a situation, pending on what you believe, there's Paul George rumors circulating as well.
Also, look at it like this, we're gonna win/lose no matter what happens tonight. If we lose the pick, we keep the 2018 pick, but lose the 2019 1st. If we KEEP the pick this year, we lose the 2018 1st AND 2nd to Orlando

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans later tonight:

901427acdc32b0754b40c9fe7ec3bd1b_posted-on-sep-23-meme-this-is-fine_580-565.png

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking @ the latest mock draft on nbadraft.net the foreign players drafted will be...

Frank Ntilikina (France), Rodions Kurucs (Latvia), Anzejs Pasecniks (Latvia), Mathias Lessort (France), Aleksandar Vezen (Bulgaria) & Egemen Guven (Turkey)

Ive watched them all

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, Lauri Markkanen. (even though he spent a year at Arizona -- I think he is still European)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Lauri Markkanen. (even though he spent a year at Arizona -- I think he is still European)

Dammit, good call. I forgot to list him. Had to look it up but he's from Finland.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it wrong earlier....If we keep it, we lose this year's 2nd, and next years 2nd to Orlando, while giving next year's 1st to Philly

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans later tonight:

901427acdc32b0754b40c9fe7ec3bd1b_posted-on-sep-23-meme-this-is-fine_580-565.png
seriosuly

it astounds me

the Lakers have been horrible- and i dont know about you- but if im guessing - Ingram and or Russell- while they might become very solid players---- neither appears to be a star

Fultz or Ball would immediately become the biggest talent they have had on the team since Kobe and would represent the best chance at having a franchise player since Kobe retired.--------- not only that- but a SECOND first rounder is also riding on it.

the value of a top 3 pick, and a 1st rounder in the future is IMMENSE. I mean- if they get a top 3 pick they could prob trade it and like Clarkson tomorrow for George or Butler if they wanted. Thats freaking HUGE.

I mean- i understand they are no longer the burning dumpster fire they were 2-3 years ago pre- Randle, Russell, Ingram------ but whats on the line is 1 humongous asset, and 1 pretty solid asset.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will guarantee you TWC is praying they keep the pick--- you know how much ball or fultz will help those tanking ratings?