• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's begun: Mack Brown to retire

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my point still fits pretty well huh. shocker.

Certain types of spreads give Saban fits as well as certain types of QB's that can run and pass well as a combination. Its no secret that he has trouble with high powered spread offenses, which is why i feel his fit at UT will not be a good one should he decide to jump ship. Plenty of reasons not to hire him, but only one good one to really hire him, titles might be a possibility if he can overcome his problem with those spread offenses week in and out. In the SEC he doesnt see then every week, he would just about every week in the Big 12.

No it is a ridiculous pt.
A&M: 43.6... gave up 42.. 96%
Auburn: 40.2.....gave up 27... 67%
Ole Miss: 30.4...gave 0..... that is a lot lower
MissState: 26.3....gave up 7....27%

So in 4 games vs the spread not one team hit its average. A&M was the only bad number. So show me the data on how Nick struggles with spread teams.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its confusing because they are trying to get hits with sensationalist hogwash with no actual facts to back up anything.

Here's where its at right now. Mack has not decided to step down and was recruiting a kid yesterday when he god blindsided. Saban was in Kentucky or someplace like that recruiting when they said his plane was landing in Austin. More hogwash. Saban has been paged at the Austin Airport by Texas hopefuls or another teams pranksters. There is a current raise offer on Saban's desk from Alabama that will make him the highest paid coach in the country including the NFL(from inside sources) and Mack has yet to speak to anyone concerning his official status as of yesterday. Thats where it currently stands as of now from all the sources i have.

I sincerely doubt that Mack doesn't know his days are numbered at UT. More than likely he was told resign during or after the Awards Banquet, otherwise he will be fired. His choice.

If anything he was pissed, because somebody(who Mack has bothered in the past) jumped the gun. Read the story of how Babers was fired from LHN because he criticized Mack's Longhorns.

AFA, Franklin goes, if Saban leaves will Alabama be looking at him?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it is a ridiculous pt.
A&M: 43.6... gave up 42.. 96%
Auburn: 40.2.....gave up 27... 67%
Ole Miss: 30.4...gave 0..... that is a lot lower
MissState: 26.3....gave up 7....27%

So in 4 games vs the spread not one team hit its average. A&M was the only bad number. So show me the data on how Nick struggles with spread teams.

Ole Miss game was Saban proving a point to their big mouth QB, they could have scored a few times had the coach not been a nimrod and gone for it on fourth down several times instead of kicking the field goals. He demoralized his own team by not letting them score, which sometimes ignites a team.

Miss State was down to its third string QB, had their starter been in the game, they would have given us a better game and who knows, they might have made it really close.

We lost the Auburn game, so bad example.

We damn near lost to Manziel again this year and had it not been for a damn sucky defense on their part, we might have. Took 49 to win that one.

Spreads still give Saban fits and my point holds true for his fit at Texas. Lots of coaches with a better fit for style of Texas ball in the Big 12 than Saban is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely doubt that Mack doesn't know his days are numbered at UT. More than likely he was told resign during or after the Awards Banquet, otherwise he will be fired. His choice.

If anything he was pissed, because somebody(who Mack has bothered in the past) jumped the gun. Read the story of how Babers was fired from LHN because he criticized Mack's Longhorns.

Cant say what Battle will do, but he would be a good choice in my opinion if they dont hire Smart as the HC. He has fire, drive, tenacity, can recruit, his players love and respect him. He knows good football and works relentlessly like Saban does to strive for perfection. I would respect that choice if any team made him their next HC.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss game was Saban proving a point to their big mouth QB, they could have scored a few times had the coach not been a nimrod and gone for it on fourth down several times instead of kicking the field goals. He demoralized his own team by not letting them score, which sometimes ignites a team.

Miss State was down to its third string QB, had their starter been in the game, they would have given us a better game and who knows, they might have made it really close.

We lost the Auburn game, so bad example.

We damn near lost to Manziel again this year and had it not been for a damn sucky defense on their part, we might have. Took 49 to win that one.

Spreads still give Saban fits and my point holds true for his fit at Texas. Lots of coaches with a better fit for style of Texas ball in the Big 12 than Saban is.

got it. Negative examples where based on acts of god. Fact that Auburn scored well below doesnt matter, because they lost. A&M was a win, but almost lost so it is bad (which is the only game I would say the defense played poorly in). Interesting train of thought.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke seems to have some issues also. I have heard the AD is a bit meddlesome and hard to work with. Saban has less issues. He is quite the proven commodity and comes with a lot of power. Fighting him would not be as easy as someone like RRod

It's the boosters and the money that really matter. They can just stop cutting the checks.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is even official yet. How hilarious would it be if Mack didn't retire??? LOL @ Disney who has been reporting for weeks through their sources that Mack is stepping down and retiring. This might be the one that puts them over as the laughing stock of "breaking news" and will never be trusted again for Breaking News.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is even official yet. How hilarious would it be if Mack didn't retire??? LOL @ Disney who has been reporting for weeks through their sources that Mack is stepping down and retiring. This might be the one that puts them over as the laughing stock of "breaking news" and will never be trusted again for Breaking News.
-
i have little doubt that Mack is leaving in one way or another. I think the question is when and not if

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disney gets everything right. Didn't you know that? The broke the news that Les Miles was going to Michigan.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
i have little doubt that Mack is leaving in one way or another. I think the question is when and not if

You should check out the article Doyel wrote at CBS about the way that Texas has botched the handling of this in the media and the running joke its becoming. It was a pretty good read(to me, you might not think so) but he fells its a foregone conclusion that Mack is gone too. He also feels that some top names will use Texas as a raise point and you may end up looking at a fourth or fifth option on your list of candidates due to the apparent turmoil at Texas among its boosters and administration.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should check out the article Doyel wrote at CBS about the way that Texas has botched the handling of this in the media and the running joke its becoming. It was a pretty good read(to me, you might not think so) but he fells its a foregone conclusion that Mack is gone too. He also feels that some top names will use Texas as a raise point and you may end up looking at a fourth or fifth option on your list of candidates due to the apparent turmoil at Texas among its boosters and administration.
-
I read it and it is whatever. Lots of rumors floating around as to why it is dragging on, but the simply answer is because people are involved. These things never go well. I am Doyle would be happier if TExas fired Mack on the tarmac, but that is not something Texas is willing to do.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack will step down when Saban tells him too!!

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Babers resigned because he wanted to speak his mind.

In the LHN contract the University of Texas has the right to ensure that the online talent of the LHN does not say anything bad about the Texas Longhorns.

Obviously, Moody College(University of Texas Journalism) is not involved in the LHN. Maybe the journalism professors were some of the ones that did not like Mack Brown getting a raise back when, and the profs were losing benefits.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be the biggest fail Disney has ever "reported" After every single Mack Brown to retire segment they run it is immediately followed by Saban to Texas? they basically have Saban pinned to Texas as well.

I hope Mack stays.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I refuse to visit the CBS site for any reason.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to visit the CBS site for any reason.

I only go to get some sports news and to laugh at the state of the article posts that feature sophomoric comments by the new peanut gallery that has invaded that place. Its like reading booger comments and homo jokes constantly over there on the article thread posts they have. Really degenerated into a laugh fest if you ask me.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babers resigned because he wanted to speak his mind.

In the LHN contract the University of Texas has the right to ensure that the online talent of the LHN does not say anything bad about the Texas Longhorns.

Obviously, Moody College(University of Texas Journalism) is not involved in the LHN. Maybe the journalism professors were some of the ones that did not like Mack Brown getting a raise back when, and the profs were losing benefits.

The problem with this is that Mack does not get paid by the university. Whatever money he makes has no impact on what they do. He and his salary do not constitute a cost center for the University of Texas.......whereas professors who bring in no research or grant dollars DO. Their complaint is more of a principle than a reality.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doyel is an idiot. Dennis Dodd is the dumbest, most worthless sports reporter stealing money today. These guys know absolutely NOTHING about UT and what goes on at that campus.

Dodd wrote a big article about the SEC, Tx a&m and Missouri, and how since "the state of Texas borders the mighty Mississippi, the aggies are perfect for the SEC" or some crap like that. He's an idiot that thinks Texas borders the Mississippi river, for crying out loud. At the very least, he's a geographic illiterate who shouldn't be using geography in his stories.

Your point about turmoil is true to a point, as that Idiot with a capital I Rick Perry has single-handedly been trying to sink UT for years, by appointing his boys to the Board of Regents. He's trying to turn UT into the next University of Phoenix, and people like Pres. Bill Powers are fighting him. As soon as that dick Perry is gone, things will be better at UT.