• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's begun: Mack Brown to retire

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been watching all the media today on Mack Brown. Announcments that he is leaving on Tuesday. No wait, after the football banquet. Maybe after the bowl game. Now he’s saying he hasn’t announced anything. Come on Mack! Quit playing the drama queen roll. You are done. I just love that he was down in Florida recruiting. No recruit in their right mind would play for him at this point. His own players don’t think he can coach. I would bet a small fortune he doesn’t even think he can coach. He is doing more damage than good at this point. RETIRE ALREADY!!!!!

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU fans give UT fans hell (and we get it back just as bad from you) but we do respect class and that's what Mack Brown always showed toward us. Even in years when he beat our ass (most recently in October) there was never any hard feeling toward Mack Brown because he never trashed OU and, even more importantly, he made damn sure Texas played us clean. You never see a bunch of late hits or cheap shots in the RRSO. The majority of the credit for that goes to the head coaches. The vast majority of OU fans would like to see Mack become the winningest head football coach in UT history (but not at the expense of OU!) and that's a hell of a compliment to the guy who is leading our most bitter rival.

dunno, but according to exes, OU fans have no respect for Mack. But then, what does he know?

Ya, we give him hell and kid around, but your post is pretty much spot on.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not answering. Seems Saban has 7 mm per contract waiting to be signed. You are running under the assumption that Texas has been chasing Saban. I am not certain that is correct.
It is they offered 8.5 and think about it if you are a new AD you have to make a run one you might get him and two you bleed one of your top competitors in the national championship race. Sexton knows this and is the real answer to your question: Who benefits most? Jimmy Sexton all the candidates mentioned are his. Malzahn got a big bump, Saban will get a bump and is trying to bump Mikes again as well (doubt even LSU is that stupid again). At the end of the day Sexton gets a very nice bump in his commission and every hot coach in America will want him for their agent.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio is my pick.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it.

Bill Belichick to Texas!

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the last time I heard anything about Vince Young anyways.

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown is a top shelf human being. Not many in this game can say the same. I think it's probably time for him to go but what he did for the Texas football program should always be remembered. Time to play golf, Mack, you earned it.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a power struggle going on. Mack Brown is being forced out he just hasn't realized it yet. A press conference and gold watch have been ordered for his surprise retirement party.

Reminds me of the Michigan debacle when they pressured Lloyd Carr out. Watch what you ask for you may get what you want.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack was in Florida recruiting.
He then went to FAU to interview for a job.

It's just so obvious

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a power struggle going on. Mack Brown is being forced out he just hasn't realized it yet. A press conference and gold watch have been ordered for his surprise retirement party.

Reminds me of the Michigan debacle when they pressured Lloyd Carr out. Watch what you ask for you may get what you want.

But, but, but the Texas fans will tell you that the new AD has come in and fixed all that shit and there is no power struggle. Someone is pulling the strings and apparently its not the Administration or AD at the school with all the rumors and stories flying around that even Mack himself isnt aware of. If I am a coach I note this as problem one i would have to deal with and its not a good one.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's definitely starting to sound like that.

As for "watch out what you ask for." Trust me, We'll take the chance at this point. Since we WILL finish 8-5, how much worse can it get? 7-6? Big deal. Get that s.o.b out there!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no!! Michigan and Tenn botched their hires. Guessing PSU and FSU feel slightly different on the subject

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no!! Michigan and Tenn botched their hires. Guessing PSU and FSU feel slightly different on the subject

I think its too early to say if Tennessee has botched its latest hire. He had some work to do to get that team back on track and one year is not enough time to accurately weigh in. They looked good at times this year, but depth is their problem. In two years if they are not playing at the Tennessee of old level, then they made a bad risk.

Hoke has done some good, but they seem to have leveled off at mediocre when it appeared he might turn them around. One more season like that and they will probably be looking again.

Hiring for the fit is what needs to be done, which is why i dont think anyone but an offensive mind with a good DC would be a good fit for Texas.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC, Miami, A&M (until Sumlin), Bama (until Saban).

The list is a lot longer than just Michigan and Tenn. It's difficult to find a good head coach.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC, Miami, A&M (until Sumlin), Bama (until Saban).

The list is a lot longer than just Michigan and Tenn. It's difficult to find a good head coach.
-
There is a difference. USC and Miami both were hammered by the NCAA that makes them irrelevant to this discussion. Lets not forget Michigan won a title shortly after a legend left. There are many inputs to a coaches success. The biggest being the state of the program upon a coach leaving. There is always a risk with change, but the odds of Texas getting a solid replacement are higher than most given the resources. If you feel differently the issue should be with the AD, because clearly you have 0 faith in him and are wasting money on his salary. Looking at Texas you have had 5 coaches in the last 50 yrs. 3 of them have been very good. 2 not so much. The resources are much better today than when most of those decisions were made.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, Rich Rodriguez is coming to Texas?