• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's begun: Mack Brown to retire

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now the Fort Worth Star Telegram is reporting Saban to Texas is a done deal.

:L

Even if Saban comes it is temporary, so his staff will be very interesting. I have seen Narduzzi mentioned and Campbell. I am very intrigued by Campbell. He was the youngest head coach in FBS until this yr. Next coach is likely on his staff. That said I am not sure Powers would be on board for letting Mack go and hiring Saban.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Twitter, @deanblevins, says Texas source has told him Saban is sitting on 10 year deal worth $100M plus 1% of LHN.

Things have gone completely nuclear now. Goodness gracious.

Texas sold the rights to ESPN. Not sure they can even give him an equity stake. Not buying this one

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Twitter, @deanblevins, says Texas source has told him Saban is sitting on 10 year deal worth $100M plus 1% of LHN.

Things have gone completely nuclear now. Goodness gracious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm2BpI6TCDE]Pulp Fiction: "I'm a Mushroom Cloud Laying Mother Fucker" - YouTube[/ame]

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I are mostly on the same page here. A young sharp minded coach with a system. Hell I'd even consider Patterson and Gundy. There are a LOT of guys I think that could win here.

I'd also have one caveat - they retain Akina and Wylie as assistant coaches.

I vote for Gundy. He actually has a worse record than Mack Brown vs. OU.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the LHN part seemed fishy

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One really big smoke screen, it would be. Would be an effective one too.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I would rather have a young coach, but I certainly would not tell Nick no

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Mack Brown is in Florida recruiting today, and hasn't seen the story or knows anything about it.

However, these kinds of things does show how shitty journalism is these days.

Report: Mack Brown decision likely within 'next 48 hours' - CBSSports.com

I did a search for Mack Brown and this was one of the first results. It's CBS with a story and cites "Horns247.com" rumors.

Really? That's journalism? And then because CBS reports it, well people think it's credible and other people are also saying the same things. Maybe it is, or maybe it isn't. But it's all based on rumors and it's pathetic how "legitimate" news stations run this crap without real sources.

Spose if the story was "cracked" on Fox you would be ALL EARS, I'll be EXPECTING a retraction from your above BS statement when Mack steps down "whenever" THIS year.:L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spose if the story was "cracked" on Fox you would be ALL EARS, I'll be EXPECTING a retraction from your above BS statement when Mack steps down "whenever" THIS year.:L

jpyTI.gif

wtf are you even talking about?

What does Fox have to do with this? And I have no idea what Mack Brown is going to do and that had nothing to do with what I was talking about. I was making note of the way news outlets take internet rumors and repeat them giving them more press than they should be, all the while quoting some internet site as the source rather than doing actual journalism.

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. That is your numerous examples. I provided multiple examples of the support Mack got. I even compared it to Bama ' s conduct, which seemed lacking in comparison

So, where are all these $10 million and Saban going to Texas rumors coming from over the past few months? All these coaching things are happening without the university approving?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, where are all these $10 million and Saban going to Texas rumors coming from over the past few months? All these coaching things are happening without the university approving?

Saban and Sexton undermining Bama is my best guess. Ask yourself who benefitted from the talk

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban and Sexton undermining Bama is my best guess. Ask yourself who benefitted from the talk

So Texas is doing nothing at all to try and land Saban?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Candidates I would like to see leaving Nick Saban's name out of it (I really do believe Saban is not coming to Texas, btw):

1. David Shaw - if he can dominate at Stanford, no telling what he can do at a program like Texas. Runs a clean program, which is very important with our BOR and Powers.

2. Charlie Strong - Give him all the resources Texas can offer and he'll develop a dynasty at The Forty Acres. Him and Mullen were the reason Meyer dominated at UF anyway.

3. Pat Fitzgerald - seems like a Shaw clone to me. He can only do so much at an elite, prestigious private university like N'Western. Would like to see what he can do at Texas.

4. Jim Harbaugh - he is the reason Stanford is where it's at today. I like this guy's character, seems like the players love him, but he doesn't take any shit from them either.

5. Gus Malzahn - love his innovative offensive mindset. He just needs the right DC. Imagine what this guy could do with Texas's talent.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Candidates I would like to see leaving Nick Saban's name out of it (I really do believe Saban is not coming to Texas, btw):

1. David Shaw - if he can dominate at Stanford, no telling what he can do at a program like Texas. Runs a clean program, which is very important with our BOR and Powers.

2. Charlie Strong - Give him all the resources Texas can offer and he'll develop a dynasty at The Forty Acres. Him and Mullen were the reason Meyer dominated at UF anyway.

3. Pat Fitzgerald - seems like a Shaw clone to me. He can only do so much at an elite, prestigious private university like N'Western. Would like to see what he can do at Texas.

4. Jim Harbaugh - he is the reason Stanford is where it's at today. I like this guy's character, seems like the players love him, but he doesn't take any shit from them either.

5. Gus Malzahn - love his innovative offensive mindset. He just needs the right DC. Imagine what this guy could do with Texas's talent.

I think Texas has a better chance of getting Saban than they do Malzahn.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Texas is doing nothing at all to try and land Saban?[/QUOTE

Just answer the question. Who stood to benefit from Saban to Texas talk?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is getting paid no matter what. He and the staff get raises every year.

You are not answering. Seems Saban has 7 mm per contract waiting to be signed. You are running under the assumption that Texas has been chasing Saban. I am not certain that is correct.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not answering. Seems Saban has 7 mm per contract waiting to be signed. You are running under the assumption that Texas has been chasing Saban. I am not certain that is correct.

I agree that Texas may not have ever had Saban under serious consideration. But I do believe that they used those rumors as pressure on Mack, or at least as a way of getting the ball rolling on his ouster. Can I definitely prove this? Nope. But it really has been speculated by many of the 'talking heads' for a while now.