• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's begun: Mack Brown to retire

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not said a word publicly.

But you are missing the point.
-
Not sure how one can undermine a coach that is about to be relieved of his duties. You will need to explain that.

Secretary: "Why did you take my headset?"
Boss; "because you are fired"
Secretary: "Stop, undermining me!!"

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Not sure how one can undermine a coach that is about to be relieved of his duties. You will need to explain that.

Secretary: "Why did you take my headset?"
Boss; "because you are fired"
Secretary: "Stop, undermining me!!"

So we are going to pretend it just recently started?

Ok.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope MACK stays.

The only way Texas doesn't look like assholes is IF they already have a homerun signed.
There is no point in pushing Mack out the door UNLESS they have a guy in place.

if they are in the business of simply firing a very successful coach for going 8-4 and playing the league title 2 days ago.....
If they are in that business without a concrete replacement in place...

Well we are delusional jerks if that is the business that Texas finds itself.

IF Texas pushes Mack out the door.....WE BETTER HAVE SOMEONE ALREADY DONE....

Otherwise what is the point??

Mack recruits.
Mack fundraises.
Mack never gets in NCAA trouble.
Mack is a good guy whom everyone enjoys to be around.
Mack wins bowl games.
Mack still goes 8-4 in horrible year.

There is no reason whatsoever to fire a guy like Mack Brown, UNLESS the new hire is already done.

MACK BROWN DESERVES BETTER.

Gig Em and Boomer Sooner.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't envy the guy.

Being at the helm of the biggest university with the most money and the most donors.

Miss on a few recruits or don't plan ahead enough and POOF.

Is KAPUT! I told every texas fan that would listen to me that when Colt was gone, it was going to be ROUGH sledding. I had no idea that it would be this prolonged...

I don't mind Ol' Clappy. I just wonder how much actual football knowledge does he actually posess? You can just LOOK at Saban and know he's got ideas about everything. Proper stance in pass block? How many yards does that corner need to be away from the line of scrimmage against this formation?
Which cleats to we wear in Tempe?

I mean, if you're not bringing in a coach with a lot of actual tangible football knowledge to the table...wouldn't you be better served with some fancy suit with a $500 haircut who can talk that game?

Tony Robbins to texas?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gig Em and Boomer Sooner.[/QUOTE]

:scratch: What am I missing here?

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack says he aint going anywhere and hasnt read the piece at orangebloods.

I'm in Florida recruiting. If I had decided to step down, I sure wouldn't be killing myself down here.
Mack also said he doesn't recruit Florida... Hmmmm

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Mack Brown's attorney, mouthpiece and mentor, Joe Jamail, hangs loss in Waco on Case McCoy - Barking Carnival

Mack Brown's attorney, mouthpiece and mentor, Joe Jamail, hangs loss in Waco on Case McCoy

By Scipio Tex on Dec 9 2013

Mack Brown's mouthpiece has been talking. What he's saying tells us more about Brown than him.

oe Jamail has been talking. And what he's saying says less about him and more about Mack Brown than UT fans (including me) who would like Brown to go - but still leave with honor and dignity intact - wish to acknowledge.

Kirk Bohls - just one week ago crediting Mack Brown for "one of his finest coaching years" - has sprinted over to the Mack Must Go camp after the loss in Waco. That's a visionary right there!

Deep breath. Exhale while death of old media becomes clear. Moving on...

Anyway, besides enjoying public display of the latent grasp of the obvious, it was his recent call to Mack Brown's irascible billionaire attorney Joe Jamail - that guy who also happens to have a bunch of stuff on campus named after him - that raised some eyebrows, particularly after Jamail's Texas Monthly tantrum where he contrasted UT fans to Al Qaeda.

After Jamail offered a glorious whopper about major programs pursuing Brown this year (remember when Greg Davis was being pursued by the NFL and multiple major programs?), he crossed a line, as revealing of Mack Brown as himself.

Why didn't Mack Brown win in Waco and capitalize on the "Keep Mack" sentiment that Jamail, McCombs and others heroically tried to plant in the media the week before the game?

Case McCoy.

Jamail also spoke to Brown at length Saturday night. "Mack said he was proud of our boys," Jamail said. "You can’t win without a good quarterback, and we don’t have one."

So, let's break this down, shall we?

1. What Joe Jamail said is harshly, narrowly factual. Switch QBs with Baylor, and you probably get a different game result. Now should he be saying it to the press as Mack Brown's anointed public representative, daily confidante, and football muse? And what larger context does it grossly ignore? Specifically, why is Case McCoy starting at Texas?

2. Mack Brown was not given his QB depth chart by the QB Depth Chart Fairy. He earned it in the near term by allowing his OC to run a concussed David Ash into the KSU defense on called draws for an entire half of play when he knew Ash had already sustained a head injury at BYU ( likely obtained/exacerbated doing the same in the 4th quarter while down by three touchdowns in a game already out of reach).

3. He earned it in the longer term by mismanaging the QB depth chart horribly, not taking enough bodies, anointing Garrett Gilbert, and then driving away better options to transfer or not come at all when they saw Case mysteriously unshakeable on the depth chart despite a practice nickname of "Pick 6." Basically, doing Mack Brown stuff. These other QBs may have also noticed Case McCoy's father frequently on the Texas practice field and in the film room with Mack Brown and other Texas coaches acting a tad too chummy and drawn some logical conclusions. Brown is also responsible for feeding the nonsensical, brain dead media and fan storyline that Case was a special winner imbued with magical gifts of leadership because of his bloodlines. Not to mention his treatment of the video debacle/mission trip (i.e. post-Spring QB depth chart sulk) - which would have earned a QB named John Smith transfer papers.

4. Our starting QB is a creation of Mack Brown in every sense of that word. And if Frankenstein's Monster throttles his creator, it's usually called justice. I'd just prefer the creator not crash my program in his death throes. Mack Brown lost in Waco - and three other games this year - because of Mack Brown.

5. Why is Jamail saying this? Joe Jamail is not speaking as a random billionaire Texas donor here. He is speaking authoritatively as Mack Brown's selected representative. His personal attorney. The guy who negotiated Brown's last extension through 2020 back in 2012 (now even more hilarious in retrospect - thanks for the steeper buyout, DeLoss). So Mack's personal representative and publicly credited mentor pins the loss in Waco on a single Texas player. A player that Mack is responsible for having here, and treated with deference and favor for four years.

6. This is plainly passive-aggressive, gutless bull****. I would actually have less of a problem if Mack said in the post-game press conference that we were limited in what we could do in the passing game at QB and that affected the game. At least Mack is saying the words, owning them like a big boy instead of having his lawyer run the blame game behind the thinnest screen of deniability.

7. This is eerily reminiscent of how he used Cleve Bryant to do his dirty work.

8. No retraction or expression of regret from Brown anywhere. Why? Because Joe Jamail is Mack Brown unfiltered. He didn't originate these ideas. He's echoing them. If this was Joe popping off, Brown would be along quickly to clip out his legs and offer a "We all know Grandpa sometimes says non-PC things at the dinner table" explanation. The silence is deafening.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack also said he doesn't recruit Florida... Hmmmm

Mack said, or someones source said?

Because Mack just said that.

You guys do only have 1 guy on the roster from FL, and he's a walk on.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack said, or someones source said?

Because Mack just said that.

You guys do only have 1 guy on the roster from FL, and he's a walk on.
Mack has said it before. Lemme find where he said it...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are going to pretend it just recently started?

Ok.

I am happy to listen to your numerous examples of the University undermining Mack. Please don't forget the Powers hug after a win over KSU or the embrace on the sideline with De Loss after the Tech game last yr. Those seem like great examples of UT officials showing a lack of support

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deloss_dodds_hugs_mack_brown.0_standard_352.0.png

rgz_ut_oregon_state_21.JPG

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant find one at the moment but I Remember the press Conference and he said...

"we don't recruit Florida".

I think it was in 2008.

The reason was because he didn't really need to with all the talent in Texas.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
icon_scratch.gif
What am I missing here?

The Sooners and Aggies seem to be the only ones who respect Mack Brown.

It is really embarrassing what we are doing to one of the all time greats.

Mack should have had a statue built and a parade.....instead he has to answer to douchebag rumors from fanboy websites.

Mack deserves a lot better.

I gave the GIG EM and BOOMER SOONER to the only fans on the thread who seem to understand it.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was in 2008.

I get that. But the recruiting games changing. Have to get those feelers out there.

Maybe he was in FL golfing and all the rumors are true. What else could he say type of situation.

I'm recruiting man! Back off!! :laugh3:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was in 2008.

He is there seeing the RB that will end up at FSU. Also to see Beck, who is a Texas commit. Texas usually flirts with one or 2 Florida guys a yr. It is far from a priority though

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. But the recruiting games changing. Have to get those feelers out there.

Maybe he was in FL golfing and all the rumors are true. What else could he say type of situation.

I'm recruiting man! Back off!! :laugh3:
I guess "stealing" a walk on from Florida is considered changing. Or maybe he has no choice but to recruit Florida now because the top Texas recruits don't want to play for a coach who's about to "step down"...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
icon_scratch.gif
What am I missing here?

Mack should have had a statue built and a parade.....instead he has to answer to douchebag rumors from fanboy websites.

I gave the GIG EM and BOOMER SOONER to the only fans on the thread who seem to understand it.

You have to be shitting me. Sooners want Mack to stay not b/c they respect him, but b/c he is Stoops's personal bitch. Mack shits the bed more times than not when he has to face Stoops and the Sooners. The 4 worst losses in the history of the RRSO has come under Mack Brown. Sooner fans want him to stay b/c they are scared shitless of what will happen if a Nick Saban comes in. All Orangebloods respect and love Mack, no doubt about that, but it's time to move on. Remember the past 2 years Mack had stated time and time again 2013 was the year we return to a BCS bowl and at least be a BCS title contender. That all ended when a bunch of 25-32 year old white boy Mormons tore us a new asshole, especially when their QB with a bad knee ran all over the defense with ease using just one play. Mack will get his statue and all the accolades b/c he was a great coach for The Forty Acres and he brought this program back from mediocrity. Trust me, I was a student at UT during the last McWilliams season and endured Mackovic, who actually won the same amount of conference titles as Mack did (but was a complete son of a bitch whom nobody liked). We all love Mack, why you would say otherwise is just being dramatic. The fact is, 8-4 is not acceptable in Austin. 8-4 is acceptable and considered EXCELLENCE in College Station. We're not fucking College Station, WE'RE TEXAS......

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
icon_scratch.gif
What am I missing here?

Realizing that the time has come for Mack to leave, does not mean one has no respect for Mack's accomplishments. One can be respectful and rational when judging the last 4 yr