• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's begun: Mack Brown to retire

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am Fox news. Just the facts. Texas fans didnt call Bama fans crazy.

It's cited as one of the reasons why Saban would want to come to Texas.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the way Mack Brown is being treated by the fans and everyone really is something Saban would find attractive about the Texas job? People think/say Alabama fans are bad, but all this stuff doesn't even come close. Especially since Saban considers Mack a friend.

Saban is a big boy. It doesn't matter. It's called competitive college football. It wouldn't be any different for him if the same seasons happened at Alabama, and again, he knows this. Texas fans are no different than any other fan.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standards are one thing, under minding your coach and doing things behind his back is another. If my issue is with Miss Terry, then how do you think she would feel if she Saban was being treated in the same manner. <~~kind of the point there you see?
You are acting like this is coming out of the blue and he is being side swiped. Mac knows the score and he has been talked to now he said he wants to stay but they are not giving him that option. Saying Texas is going behind Mac Brown's back is like saying FSU went behind Bobby Bowden's back and that isn't the case.

Some of these coaches don't know when to quit and the days are gone when the coach can call his own shot there is too much money at stake.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standards are one thing, under minding your coach and doing things behind his back is another. If my issue is with Miss Terry, then how do you think she would feel if she Saban was being treated in the same manner. <~~kind of the point there you see?
-
Who under mind a coach? University has not said a word. Not sure what you want for Mack. Miss Terry would notice that Mack went 5-7. Then he went 8-5 and got an extension to quell the rumors of his job security. He followed those up with 2 mediocre yrs. I think that is quite fair. Not like ruining a coach's career, because he went to a strip joint. Not like Texas fired someone 1 yr after winning 10 games and the SEC. Would you agree?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are acting like this is coming out of the blue and he is being side swiped. Mac knows the score and he has been talked to now he said he wants to stay but they are not giving him that option. Saying Texas is going behind Mac Brown's back is like saying FSU went behind Bobby Bowden's back and that isn't the case.

Some of these coaches don't know when to quit and the days are gone when the coach can call his own shot there is too much money at stake.

I know the deal.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cited as one of the reasons why Saban would want to come to Texas.
so you agree, Miss Terry thinks you are bat shit crazy?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Who under mind a coach? University has not said a word. Not sure what you want for Mack. Miss Terry would notice that Mack went 5-7. Then he went 8-5 and got an extension to quell the rumors of his job security. He followed those up with 2 mediocre yrs. I think that is quite fair. Not like ruining a coach's career, because he went to a strip joint. Not like Texas fired someone 1 yr after winning 10 games and the SEC. Would you agree?
LMAO!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Not said a word publicly.

But you are missing the point.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you agree, Miss Terry thinks you are bat shit crazy?

Me? I am bat shit crazy. I was happy with Shula because he wasn't embarassing us in strip clubs.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a done deal.

Not sure why people have trouble buying this.....it's been the story the entire season. The new AD is going to want to bring in his own coach.

Mack denied he was leaving UNC until he actually left, so his denials mean nothing. Same for the university. There are reports from multiple high level people in the AD that he's gone.

So either he doesn't know it yet or he's trying to keep recruits from finding out early. But I think he's done.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard enough rumors lately.

We need a Brownout!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mack Brown gets much more shit from non-Texas fans than anybody else. Yes, Texas fans are frustrated, but it's because of the lofty standards the MB brought back to UT. He's being crushed by expectations he built. Personally, I think the job is killing him, and he ought to just let go. If you have seen any of the postgame interviews on LHN, you would agree. He looks bad after a game, and seems to talk gibberish. And I've always been a MB fan, because I know where we were when he got here. But the last four years have been mediocre at best.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to Chip Brown, who broke the story earlier, on the radio. He is definitely stressed by this, by the tone of his voice. He said he contacted MB, his BMD and lawyer/agent JJ, and UT Athletic dpt, and not a one returned his calls.

He said it's definite, and that MB knows what's going on. But that he is mad the story was released, because he likes to control the message. Anyone who follows the program closely knows that he is big on control, and the story being released is not in the correct place in the timeline. The hope is he'll coach the bowl game, and go out with accolades that will come at the bowl.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should go out in style and with class. The school should throw a party at the stadium, and fans should pack it out. NOBODY should forget what he's done for us.....but his time is up. He will go down as the second best coach in UT history. He has nothing to be ashamed of. But it's time.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to Chip Brown, who broke the story earlier, on the radio. He is definitely stressed by this, by the tone of his voice. He said he contacted MB, his BMD and lawyer/agent JJ, and UT Athletic dpt, and not a one returned his calls.

He said it's definite, and that MB knows what's going on. But that he is mad the story was released, because he likes to control the message. Anyone who follows the program closely knows that he is big on control, and the story being released is not in the correct place in the timeline. The hope is he'll coach the bowl game, and go out with accolades that will come at the bowl.

Mack says he aint going anywhere and hasnt read the piece at orangebloods.

I'm in Florida recruiting. If I had decided to step down, I sure wouldn't be killing myself down here.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, big news. I didn't think we'd be hearing this for years. Interesting how things unraveled for him.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah IronBreaker, heard that. I'm just going with Chip Brown, who has been right on many things at the athletic dept. over the years. I just listened to him, and his tone was, the decision has been made. And Mack knows, because that was the deal at the beginning of the year.

Mack is frustrated because he was so close, 30 minutes from a Big12 championship, that would have given him another year. But it did not happen. Anyway you look, it's a hard couple of days here.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard because, 16 years ago, me and my old man went downtown to Palmer Auditorium and watched Mack walk in, to a big crowd, and then introduce Ricky Williams, who had decided to play his senior year.

That 'get' for Mack, which led to a Heisman trophy for Ricky, and a 9 win season, was the start to agreat run. Will be difficult to see change happen. But it needs to happen.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah IronBreaker, heard that. I'm just going with Chip Brown, who has been right on many things at the athletic dept. over the years. I just listened to him, and his tone was, the decision has been made. And Mack knows, because that was the deal at the beginning of the year.

Mack is frustrated because he was so close, 30 minutes from a Big12 championship, that would have given him another year. But it did not happen. Anyway you look, it's a hard couple of days here.

Well if it proves to be true it's just time.

Macks a legend and I'd rather see him step down than to end up getting fired at some point, and I agree with your earlier point that it's taking a toll on him in recent years. I think thats pretty apparent if one pays attention.

Time for the next guy is all.

Here's to Mack! :suds: