• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It was The Greatest Football Game ever played

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs and Rams last nite....I have never seen a game with so many big plays on both sides of the ball from both teams....
I just kept saying wow, this is unbelievable.....I've seen games where I was more excited over, but never a better played football game from both teams....
I'm pretty sure it was the SB preview.....105 points scored....Amazing !!!!...Props to both teams...:thumb:
How the fuck can you have a handle like OldSchool and call that a good game? Oyyy

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great discussion about the NFL on the tube yesterday. Had a couple of ex-offensive and couple of ex-defensive NFL players.

Offensive players believe that the rules favoring offensive production are great and the game is better for it.

The defensive players say that it's all geared toward fantasy football and the millions of people playing it. Advertisers want more offense because it attracts more fantasy players. One player said that the NFL is becoming more like Arena Football and he asked the dealy question......how many Arena teams have failed financially in the past fifteen years? More than 50%. Why? Because no one waantsto see football played on a basketball court and more than half of the people watching football want to see a competitive game, not a shootout.

One of them made my comment also........The fantasy football season ends pretty much in about four or five weeks. Most leagues end before the final week and the majority end two weeks before the last games are played. Once the fantasy season is over, the defenses start to kick more ass without the pussy penalties.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the greatest? No. One of the most entertaining? Yes.

To be the greatest you'd have to have a battle between both units, the offense and defense. What we saw on MNF was two offenses playing backyard football. There was no defense in the game, which prevents this game falling under "greatest" headlines.
Except the defenses scored 3 TDs which is more than. I've ever seen in a game...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great discussion about the NFL on the tube yesterday. Had a couple of ex-offensive and couple of ex-defensive NFL players.

Offensive players believe that the rules favoring offensive production are great and the game is better for it.

The defensive players say that it's all geared toward fantasy football and the millions of people playing it. Advertisers want more offense because it attracts more fantasy players. One player said that the NFL is becoming more like Arena Football and he asked the dealy question......how many Arena teams have failed financially in the past fifteen years? More than 50%. Why? Because no one waantsto see football played on a basketball court and more than half of the people watching football want to see a competitive game, not a shootout.

One of them made my comment also........The fantasy football season ends pretty much in about four or five weeks. Most leagues end before the final week and the majority end two weeks before the last games are played. Once the fantasy season is over, the defenses start to kick more ass without the pussy penalties.
That WAS a competitive game, there was no telling who was gonna to win.

Look it's basically this: no one wants every game to be like this one, but once in a while? How can you not love it? It's entertainment. That's ultimately the point of sports.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest football game ever played was at one point 28-3 with 2:13 remaining in the 3rd quarter.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that I didn't need to state the teams is proof in the first place.

If any team in history pulled that off in the Superbowl, we'd all know that game by the very same stat as well.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest football game ever played was at one point 28-3 with 2:13 remaining in the 3rd quarter.

It wasn't great for the team that had the 28......:dhd:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree with the Chiefs fans are saying this was like a playoff game, mainly because the Chiefs once again had the lead and then choked the game away. Just like they do every year in the Playoffs

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was one of the greatest. To be the greatest it would have to be a playoff or SB game.
But I do think one of them would have had to field a defensive team for it to be the greatest game. Many years ago there where some 0-0 games. That kind of game is open ended on potential, but 0-0 is capped.
Could any of those be called the "greatest" because of the great defense. It is in the eye off the beholder. Given the rule changes that favor the offense, there very little chance that we will ever see another 0-0 game (in regulation) but we will see other games with 100 points scored.

That kind of game is open ended on potential, but 0-0 is capped.Think baseball, would you rather see an 18-17 or a Perfect Game or as least a no hitter.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That WAS a competitive game, there was no telling who was gonna to win.

Look it's basically this: no one wants every game to be like this one, but once in a while? How can you not love it? It's entertainment. That's ultimately the point of sports.

I enjoyed the game. "once in awhile is fine by me"
I'd bet most of us would not put it in the league of "best game ever" - not even close......