• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It was The Greatest Football Game ever played

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs and Rams last nite....I have never seen a game
with so many big plays on both sides of the ball from both teams....
I just kept saying wow, this is unbelievable.....I've seen games where I was more excited over, but never a better played football game from both teams....
I'm pretty sure it was the SB preview.....105 points scored....Amazing !!!!...Props to both teams...:thumb:

Really great defense - Both teams win the Superbowl!!!!!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call stripping Mahomes 2 or 3 times for TD's, and int a couple too bad D.....Stripping Geoff for a td, I don't know how many 3rd and short was stopped, yet each team put up 50 burgers.....
That's not bad D's, that tremendous Offense and very good D's....
Great play calling by the Coordinators and execution by the players.....
I was saying from an unbiased football perspective, the quality of that game ,the scoring and the defensive plays and the play calling was the greatest game I ever saw.....And I've been around since the 1st SB......
Of course Championship games mean more especially if your team is in it, but I've seen some boring and uneventful championship games that weren't worth watching....Kinda 6 of one and half a dozen of the other....

I agree I think this game was like 2 great heavyweight fighters going toe to toe for 12 rounds and won by decision, The SF beat downs of Denver in the 80's, Bears with NE etc with 1 team putting up 50 points and game over in the first quarter, not entertaining. Like watching Tyson knock out Sphinx in 26 sec, not fun watch. Awesome play on both sides of the ball with 3 Defensive tds.

Pats haven't had a D in over 10 years but have gone to 5 SB's,so not sure with all the negativity here.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was crazy with Rodney Harrison draped all over him. Tyree was an unknown and not sure if he ever played the next year. If Assante Samuels just makes that easy pick or refs call Eli in the grasp :L Still hurts and have to hear fuckface Mercury Morris and Shula pop their pink Cold Duck

"Tyree dedicated this catch, which remains the last catch he has made in an NFL game"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that's a good point. Each offense averages almost 40/game. Each was too good to stop the other when defenses took the night off. Only a super bowl meeting will answer the question who's best.

I just realized Eagles play the Rams in three weeks. Foles will have to run the Philly special twice each quarter.

That should get you the runs!!!!!
Carls-Jr.-Philly-Cheesesteak-Burger-Open.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call stripping Mahomes 2 or 3 times for TD's, and int a couple too bad D.....Stripping Geoff for a td, I don't know how many 3rd and short was stopped, yet each team put up 50 burgers.....
That's not bad D's, that tremendous Offense and very good D's....
Great play calling by the Coordinators and execution by the players.....
I was saying from an unbiased football perspective, the quality of that game ,the scoring and the defensive plays and the play calling was the greatest game I ever saw.....And I've been around since the 1st SB......
Of course Championship games mean more especially if your team is in it, but I've seen some boring and uneventful championship games that weren't worth watching....Kinda 6 of one and half a dozen of the other....
It wasn't tremendous offense. There were undefended receivers catching bombs.

If that's the best game you ever saw, move to Kansas and take in some cheap Big12 action.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think this game was like 2 great heavyweight fighters going toe to toe for 12 rounds and won by decision, The SF beat downs of Denver in the 80's, Bears with NE etc with 1 team putting up 50 points and game over in the first quarter, not entertaining. Like watching Tyson knock out Sphinx in 26 sec, not fun watch. Awesome play on both sides of the ball with 3 Defensive tds.

Pats haven't had a D in over 10 years but have gone to 5 SB's,so not sure with all the negativity here.

You know something Sonny, not very many fans are as smart as us old geezers....We know a thing or two, because we've seen a thing or two !!!!!:dhd:

Oh and Leon said; good thing Mike was fighting his little brother cause he would have done some grill work on Tyson his self.....
681981detroit-michiganoriginal-caption-reads-former-heavyweight-champ-picture-id515185586

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Giants vs Cowboys 1994.......

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not old enough to remember games past 1998 or so, but it may have been the best regular season game.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that's the best game you ever saw, move to Kansas and take in some cheap Big12 action.

That's your opinion, I see it as great execution, you should know you can't cover everyone every play and they did a great job of finding the open guy on passing downs but there was much more than that going on in that game......
I don't watch college football, it's meaningless to me......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a real football game tonight. 30 degrees. 25-35 MPH winds. The field has 4 foot snowbanks surrounding it. At halftime it started to snow and by the fourth quarter it was a blizzard. My grandson had 7 catches for over 130 yards and a TD. His team won 34-14. Real football in real weather that these HS kids will never ever forget. They cancelled the annual Thanksgiving Day game because the temps are dropping and the wind chill by 6:00 AM tomorrow is expected be -11 degrees.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What teams actually have stout defenses that are playoff locks? Maybe the Texans and Bears?
Don't know. Baltimore, Washington, Dallas and Tennessee are all fighting for spots via their defense. Pittsburgh and the Chargers don't give up a ton of points. Neither does New Orleans or Minnesota.

But there are two that have given up 50.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I watched the rerun tonight. My opinion of the game changed. This really was a great game and a real shootout by two solid teams. Both Goff and Maholmes drilled the defenses which were not as bad as I originally thought. More than a few wide open receptions by the Chiefs and Rams’s Donald was awesome. Each team played to the fullest. These could both reach SBLIII.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it was an awesome offensive shootout. Both Goff and Maholms drilled the defenses. Sure, I saw three or four wide open catches by KC and several by Rams but you’re always gonna see a few solid players beat their coverage. Mostly, it seemed receivers made great catches in good coverage. Each team played till the end.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE !!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was an awesome offensive shootout. Both Goff and Maholms drilled the defenses. Sure, I saw three or four wide open catches by KC and several by Rams but you’re always gonna see a few solid players beat their coverage. Mostly, it seemed receivers made great catches in good coverage. Each team played till the end.
There were some great individual plays for sure. Couple amazing grabs and nifty footwork. Even a great punt.

But trying to sell this as some alltime great event is a bit much.