• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It looks like Missouri will be #14

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Big Ten needs Mizzou to get Missouri's media markets.

If there is a St. Louis or Kansas City resident here please weigh in, but look at the geography. The big metro areas with all the people are on the state's borders. St. Louis suburbs spill over into Illinois, and Kansas City suburbs spill over into Kansas. If you've got the Illini and Jayhawks, you've got the Big Ten Network on Missouri cable providers.

Now for the SEC, it does represent a new market, because nobody in MO lives down along the Arkansas border in the Ozarks.

I always thought you were a smart fellar. Definitely agree with this.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mizzou is a cultural fit for the SEC. They are very Big10ish and fit good with the B1G conference.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait, Mizzou isn't the 14th team?

Why would Mizzou reserve the right to sue?

OU gave up that right because they want to get the hell outta there.

If Mizzou was in the running they probably would have given it up too. But Maybe they are just being cautious became of what happened last year.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ACC needs to hold onto their own. Conferences should pick the Big 12 and Big East apart. Both conferences are on their last leg anyways, football wise, so let's just divi out the schools and call it a day. Hell, we can have a good ol' fashion auction for em. Get a good auctioneer and let the teams go to the highest bidder. When we are done we have four evenly numbered conferences and we go from there. It is just sad watching these two conferences try to hold on when failure is inevitable.