• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It’s game day 2021! Wake up!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on Teddy looking great with the back ups, he missed some guys he should have hit instead of throwing to the short guy. It did appear Teddy played well with the starters, but he likely would have scored 1 TD against Seattle if it were a regular season game. You don’t go for it on 4th and 5 in a regular season game. I have not watched the game yet but hope to soon.
Think it’s supposed to air on NFL Channel today?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Drew doesn’t win the job this year we likely move on. He had to win the job and show big improvements to be here beyond 2021. I think he can, but the questions are will he get the chance, and will he do enough.
I don’t see a scenario where he isn’t the one(#1) coming out of camp. He may/should have a short leash, but it is patently obvious (by virtue of their drafting) they are committed to Drew’s development. Elway’s has said (in most cases) it takes time.
Drew has a higher ceiling and they should make the call today to make him 1. Let’s roll!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw out the first game. Vikings played very few starters.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concerning thing to me is that Lock made some back foot throws after the initial pressure got to him. First time I have seen him do that this year. It didn't come back to bite him to much in this game but it will if he continues to do that. Really wanted Lock to progress and win this competition, but I think it is Teddy's job week 1.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally - I've been a Drew Lock - hopeful, but I would be leaning toward Teddy Bridgewater to start.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that you, Vic?!
If the Broncos have a team comparable to the 2015 world champs on defense and with the Oline - then go with the steady as she goes QB option to get to the playoffs. I think the rest of the team is that good.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos have a team comparable to the 2015 world champs on defense and with the Oline - then go with the steady as she goes QB option to get to the playoffs. I think the rest of the team is that good.

The 2015 Broncos were coming into that season after multiple playoff appearances. These Broncos are coming off multiple losing seasons. I don’t think we should be looking at SB aspirations right now.

It’s hard to make the argument that the Broncos are “a QB away,” from contention, at least not with the QBs currently on the team. If we had somehow nabbed Aaron Rodgers away from GB, yes we could have that conversation. But Bridgewater has not been that kind of QB at any point in his career, and there’s no reason to believe he’ll be that QB here.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos have a team comparable to the 2015 world champs on defense and with the Oline - then go with the steady as she goes QB option to get to the playoffs. I think the rest of the team is that good
The 2015 Broncos were coming into that season after multiple playoff appearances. These Broncos are coming off multiple losing seasons. I don’t think we should be looking at SB aspirations right now.

It’s hard to make the argument that the Broncos are “a QB away,” from contention, at least not with the QBs currently on the team. If we had somehow nabbed Aaron Rodgers away from GB, yes we could have that conversation. But Bridgewater has not been that kind of QB at any point in his career, and there’s no reason to believe he’ll be that QB here.
I don’t disagree with this post.
For me, as it stands right now, you give Lock at least three weeks of live bullets. The real stuff. If he’s a liability? Shift gears.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget what a physical mess Manning was in that season and he back ups. That's my point - the Broncos had Manning's savvy, but only about 50% of his physical skills of previous seasons. Damn Osweiler started 7 games that season!

I do take you point that the Broncos were a confident, mature bunch with lots of playoff experience.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget what a physical mess Manning was in that season and he back ups. That's my point - the Broncos had Manning's savvy, but only about 50% of his physical skills of previous seasons. Damn Osweiler started 7 games that season!

I do take you point that the Broncos were a confident, mature bunch with lots of playoff experience.

Manning, even with diminished physical skills was still one of the all time greats with one of the top 3 all time QB IQs. That’s the difference between a good and a great. There’s no one that can argue that Bridgewater is a top all time QB, either in physical skill or QB IQ.

Not to mention the defense was also historically great. Especially on the playoff run. Wade Phillips and the No Fly Zone secondary absolutely shut down Roethlisberger, Brady, and MVP Cam Newton. I’m not saying this defense can’t do that, but I’m certainly not putting them on that level without them having played a single down yet.

Point is, this team is not a Super Bowl contender. Not with Lock. Not with Bridgewater. Not until they prove they can at least be above .500 just for starters. That’s why right now is the time to find out what we have in Lock. There’s no reason to tread water with Teddy if this team can be something.

Go with the kid, find out if he’s franchise material who can lead a good team. Do it while the team isn’t quite a finished product and we have flexibility to find the future QB. Denver, I believe, has the 3rd highest cap available next offseason as it stands right now. Best to strike now so we know what the plan has to be. If Lock can hang with the big boys, we can use the offseason to bolster the roster. If he can’t, we can try to make a move for Rodgers or look near the top of the draft for our next guy. Keeping Lock on the bench for most of the year just sets us further back than we need to be.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is what the Broncos brass believes, but I also understand you have to learn to walk before you can run. I would like to see Lock get another chance and guarantee him 4 games to start the season, but I think they will go with Teddy. Call it a hunch but I bet if you were to poll the players anonymously they would go with Teddy as well.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning, even with diminished physical skills was still one of the all time greats with one of the top 3 all time QB IQs. That’s the difference between a good and a great. There’s no one that can argue that Bridgewater is a top all time QB, either in physical skill or QB IQ.

Not to mention the defense was also historically great. Especially on the playoff run. Wade Phillips and the No Fly Zone secondary absolutely shut down Roethlisberger, Brady, and MVP Cam Newton. I’m not saying this defense can’t do that, but I’m certainly not putting them on that level without them having played a single down yet.

Point is, this team is not a Super Bowl contender. Not with Lock. Not with Bridgewater. Not until they prove they can at least be above .500 just for starters. That’s why right now is the time to find out what we have in Lock. There’s no reason to tread water with Teddy if this team can be something.

Go with the kid, find out if he’s franchise material who can lead a good team. Do it while the team isn’t quite a finished product and we have flexibility to find the future QB. Denver, I believe, has the 3rd highest cap available next offseason as it stands right now. Best to strike now so we know what the plan has to be. If Lock can hang with the big boys, we can use the offseason to bolster the roster. If he can’t, we can try to make a move for Rodgers or look near the top of the draft for our next guy. Keeping Lock on the bench for most of the year just sets us further back than we need to be.
I agree with your assessment. They have not proven it, but I see the talent on this team to rival the 2015 team -that is what I am saying. If that is so - the Broncos can go to the Super Bowl with a game manager QB - it has happened before.

I will tell you this Bronco's defense is stacked with talent - guys who rush the passer - guys who defend the pass - guys who play sideline to sideline and guys who will punish you for a mistake in your attack.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is what the Broncos brass believes, but I also understand you have to learn to walk before you can run. I would like to see Lock get another chance and guarantee him 4 games to start the season, but I think they will go with Teddy. Call it a hunch but I bet if you were to poll the players anonymously they would go with Teddy as well.
This is how I would have played it from the beginning - giving Lock all the reps with the ones - or a lot more than half. But here we are.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your assessment. They have not proven it, but I see the talent on this team to rival the 2015 team -that is what I am saying. If that is so - the Broncos can go to the Super Bowl with a game manager QB - it has happened before.

I will tell you this Bronco's defense is stacked with talent - guys who rush the passer - guys who defend the pass - guys who play sideline to sideline and guys who will punish you for a mistake in your attack.

I absolutely agree the D is stacked. I’m not ready to compare them to the 2015 unit, but the talent is there to compete against anyone if all goes well. We should even be able to keep Mahomes in check. Did a decent job of it last year. Only question is if the offense can do better against the KC D than they did previously.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way to verify, but Albright says Lock has the support of the majority of players.

It will be interesting if there is a public decision before the 3rd pre-season game. I kinda get the feeling they won’t make the decision public as they can keep it a secret to keep the Giants guessing.

Samiwindr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree the D is stacked. I’m not ready to compare them to the 2015 unit, but the talent is there to compete against anyone if all goes well. We should even be able to keep Mahomes in check. Did a decent job of it last year. Only question is if the offense can do better against the KC D than they did previously.

I'm salivating over the Miller vs Remmers matchup. I'm sure Von is too :). Give Lock the chance. Give him the hook if we're somehow 0-2 solely because of him.

gunns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The KC D isn't scary.
Think it’s supposed to air on NFL Channel today?
Not on NFLN till Thursday at 11:00 MDT.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way to verify, but Albright says Lock has the support of the majority of players.

It will be interesting if there is a public decision before the 3rd pre-season game. I kinda get the feeling they won’t make the decision public as they can keep it a secret to keep the Giants guessing.
You are probably right. I would guess a leak comes out the morning of first regular season game. At this point Fangio would have no reason to tip his hand.

Brandon Marshall while not on the team came out strongly in support of Teddy so figured that would be the viewpoint of many of the players. His take was way over the top though.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been developing Lock for 2 years now. One year COVID. 2nd year under Shurmur. Give him the start to show what he can do .
I bet some FOMO is setting into the decision.