• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It’s game day 2021! Wake up!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will see who has the most influence in the decision. Fangio and Shurmur may want Teddy given the turnover issues they endured last year, but the Front Office likely wants Lock to see if he can be the guy or if they need to go find the guy.

There are so many ways to look at it. At this point Teddy is a vet back up/stop gap guy, it is more likely that Lock becomes a franchise QB then Teddy is a long term answer for any team, hence we redid his contract voiding 2022.

Worst case we have 17 days until we will get an answer.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will see who has the most influence in the decision. Fangio and Shurmur may want Teddy given the turnover issues they endured last year, but the Front Office likely wants Lock to see if he can be the guy or if they need to go find the guy.

There are so many ways to look at it. At this point Teddy is a vet back up/stop gap guy, it is more likely that Lock becomes a franchise QB then Teddy is a long term answer for any team, hence we redid his contract voiding 2022.

Worst case we have 17 days until we will get an answer.
Vic doesn’t have another year to find out of Lock is the guy or not. If I’m in his shoes I go with the guy who I think can win NOW.

also interesting - Lock is Elway’s pick, Bridgewater is Patton’s connection. Wonder if this is at least a slight indication that George is the one really in charge now. If so, I take that as a good sign.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater starting is the first official declaration that the Broncos will be looking for a new starter at QB next year - or least to upgrade.

That being said - it would be a Drew Lock kind of thing to some in for an injured Bridgewater and string together several good games - leaving the impression that he can succeed in the NFL>

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic doesn’t have another year to find out of Lock is the guy or not. If I’m in his shoes I go with the guy who I think can win NOW.

also interesting - Lock is Elway’s pick, Bridgewater is Patton’s connection. Wonder if this is at least a slight indication that George is the one really in charge now. If so, I take that as a good sign.
Not sure Fangio makes it past this season.

Samiwindr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater starting is the first official declaration that the Broncos will be looking for a new starter at QB next year - or least to upgrade.

That being said - it would be a Drew Lock kind of thing to some in for an injured Bridgewater and string together several good games - leaving the impression that he can succeed in the NFL>
I could absolutely see this happening. You have to say one thing about Lock - he's hungry now. He knows he effed up and wants to prove he can start in this league. If he's not a fit in Denver, I won't be surprise to see him starting elsewhere.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love for you to be wrong. That would mean we either made the playoffs or showed tremendous improvements.
I would love for me to be wrong too.
I love PS2 but with Teddy as our QB now, passing on Fields is even a bigger mistake. Back to the drawing board for our QB of the future in 2022.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Fangio makes it past this season.
I am not sure about that. Part of the reason that Paton come to Denver was Fangio. He might have more of a leash then is perceived outside of the organization. If the team goes 2-15 the coaching staff is not going to be back next year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic better win early. just wasted 2 years on the last of the great Elway QB choices and now Paton passed on Fields so he may be defined by that decision. Fields could pan out.

just win baby

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic better win early. just wasted 2 years on the last of the great Elway QB choices and now Paton passed on Fields so he may be defined by that decision. Fields could pan out.

just win baby
agree.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just win baby

If Fields pans out that has no bearing on how he would’ve done with Denver. Just like if he fails it has no bearing either. Chicago and Denver aren’t the exact same team with the exact same players. He may fail in Chicago where he would’ve succeeded in Denver, or vice versa

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bridgewater was always going to be the guy and my gut tells me they were always leaning that way it just makes it that much harder to understand not taking a QB. PS2 is going to be a lock down corner for years IMO and was a great pick, but will it matter if there is no franchise QB? George is and always has been in charge since he was hired. This idea that Elway has been pulling the stings is nonsense. The draft was a clear indication of that.

Samiwindr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this season doesn't end in playoffs, Vic and Shurmur are both gone. It would make sense to bring in a new HC, OC and have them choose "their guy" at the QB position. Drafting Fields would have voided that opportunity. I'm sure Vic is playing it safe by choosing Teddy over Lock. I hope he's right and we get to the playoffs this year. I also hope that Lock doesn't move on like Favre did from Atlanta...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bridgewater was always going to be the guy and my gut tells me they were always leaning that way it just makes it that much harder to understand not taking a QB. PS2 is going to be a lock down corner for years IMO and was a great pick, but will it matter if there is no franchise QB? George is and always has been in charge since he was hired. This idea that Elway has been pulling the stings is nonsense. The draft was a clear indication of that.
I think they ownership situation had something to do with that decision. Let the new money owner go buy him or herself a QB, but not invest in one who turns into a bust of some kind. The QB takes up to 20% of any teams salary cap (when the QB is good) - next year the Broncos will be $75 million below the cap. A new QB is next year's owners deal to do.

I made the point earlier in the year - that the Broncos were setting up the roster for this season - not like they were trying to build for a new QB regime, the Broncos were setting up a status quo roster - improved by injured guys coming back.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you watching for to get the final rosters spots?

I am interested in the PJ Locke and Jamar Johnson. Locke has had a pretty good camp and played well in Minnesota. I didn't notice him as much against the Seahawks. Trey Marshall was hurt early in the Minnesota game, and I am not sure that I have seen him since. It feels like he is on the outside looking in.

Trinity Benson and Tyree Cleveland on returns. If it comes down to WR play in camp, Benson wins hands down as Cleveland has not be as good. If both showout well Spencer may be in trouble as he offeres little on Offense.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discouraging start for this game. Teddy didn’t look good first two series and our starters on D have looked good vs their backups.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discouraging start for this game. Teddy didn’t look good first two series and our starters on D hasn’t looked good vs their backups.
Best time for a bad game? Preseason.

The first drive the D did great.

On offense we are running the ball well, but passing is more then a struggle.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very discouraging. Seems par for the course of Broncos QBs to see a guy named starter and then look horrid against a preseason D.