• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It’s game day 2021! Wake up!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some others to mention:

Caden Sterns and PJ Lock both looked really good as potential replacements for Kareem Jackson. As @Draft Crazy pointed out on draft day Sterns could be a huge draft day value.

Jonathon Cooper was a beast - playing both OLB and ILB in the game.

Muti just plowed some Vikings early in the game.
Kary Vincent Jr didn’t look bad, but maybe needs a bit more seasoning. Close to make a nice table near the LOS.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meinerz debut was forgettable.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the battle of the Zs, I thought Mintze was better than Tuszka. Was also pleased to see how Copper played.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Ojemudia played a pretty good game outside of the PI (I am thinking it was more defensive holding but…).

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some others to mention:

Caden Sterns and PJ Lock both looked really good as potential replacements for Kareem Jackson. As @Draft Crazy pointed out on draft day Sterns could be a huge draft day value.

Jonathon Cooper was a beast - playing both OLB and ILB in the game.

Muti just plowed some Vikings early in the game.
PJ Locke did play well. Last year the knock on him was his tackling. He had one outstanding open field tackle and several other good ones.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big issue I had with Locke last year was more he just didn't make an impact on special teams. He never got a chance at S during game action but he was on our roster for like 14 weeks to cover kicks and he made ZERO impact on that. He has to make an impact on special teams for me to be excited about him because I don't really see him carving out a Safety role here. Our younger guys can cover better. Maybe he can be brought into some goal line defensive matchups much like we did with guys like George Coghill and Chris Young in the past just not sure he can cover to depend on him on other downs. He HAS to make an impact on special teams to warrant us keeping him on the roster this year. You can tackle all you want but if you are our 4th/5th S you better be able to come down on special teams and tackle someone. That means you have to get to the ballcarrier and tackle him. The tackle part appears to not be an issue it might be getting to the ballcarrier to make the tackle that is the issue. I have to re-watch the game but it sounds like he had a good game yesterday. Maybe some improvement. A guy I think all of his teammates are rooting for. Reminds me a bit of Duke Ihenacho from a teammate standpoint. Everyone seems to love him as a person on the team. Kind of guy you hope does well because others really like him and want to see him succeed on the team.

Glad to hear Ojemudia had a nice game. I was following on my phone and seemed like he made some plays. The game was blacked out in my area so I will have to watch the re-run. I know it is PS and the Vikings D was pretty bad last year but nice to see Lock look pretty good and connect on some big ones. Trinity Benson probably deserves a spot. This is his 3rd camp here where he has been impressive. Mintze got a sack so that is good.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went to a little weekend getaway in Gun Barrell Texas. Got to drink a lot of beer on a lake bar and watch the Broncos win... good day

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it’s preseason -but couldn’t have gone better.

Lock was impressive
Williams looked like a great combo of size, speed and vision
Hamler, so fast and good hands
Surtain, what can you say? Looked dominating
Stranad was all over the field. I can see him starting this year
Bridgwater was impressive too.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgwater was impressive too.
IMHO Bridgewater moved the team but missed some chances at longer throws. On one he had Benson running wide open behind Suabert, but he choose the shorter pass. The other thing with Teddy that I saw is if there is a penalty he will have a hard time overcoming that.

Just my opinion based on what I saw Saturday.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO Bridgewater moved the team but missed some chances at longer throws. On one he had Benson running wide open behind Suabert, but he choose the shorter pass. The other thing with Teddy that I saw is if there is a penalty he will have a hard time overcoming that.

Just my opinion based on what I saw Saturday.
he had 141 rating and would also have had two TDs if one was called back on penalties.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had 141 rating and would also have had two TDs if one was called back on penalties.
QBR does not tell the whole story. For instance if it is 3rd and 10 and you complete a 3 yard pass it is a positive for the QBR but it doesn’t help you team succeed. Another instance it rewards a QB for taking a sack instead of throwing the ball away.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater has always been an efficient QB, but he’s not a guy that’s gonna put up gaudy numbers. More often than not he’s gonna take the safe throw. That’s gonna lead to a higher passer rating but it won’t exactly help if you get into shootouts with the young guns of the AFC.

If we want to compete with Allen, Jackson, Mayfield, and of course dealing with Mahomes twice a season, we’re gonna need a QB that can make big throws and take the top off the defense. Lock has a much better downfield arm than Bridgewater, only question is can he start hitting those deep balls consistently and keep defenses honest.

Lock has to be going into the season as QB1. He’s a 2nd round pick coming into his third year. Now is the time for the Broncos to find out what they have in this young signal caller. Bridgewater is here for insurance; there’s no real reason he should be the day 1 starter over Lock. If Lock falters early in the season, Teddy gives them a safe option to keep the team upright for the rest of the season. But you aren’t banking playoff hopes on him.

This is Lock’s year to show what he’s made of. Lock’s got the arm talent, just needs to get the mental game matching the physical and he can make it in this league. Sink or swim, Denver’s gotta ride with Lock.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBR does not tell the whole story. For instance if it is 3rd and 10 and you complete a 3 yard pass it is a positive for the QBR but it doesn’t help you team succeed. Another instance it rewards a QB for taking a sack instead of throwing the ball away.
lol... I understand how QB rating system works. Ok how did that happen in the game. Teddy had 2 drives was 7 fo 8 and almost 80 yards and he had two touchdowns but one called back on holding penalty.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reason for viewing Teddy’s performance as less the Lock’s is because I think he missed some throws he should make. In that game it didn’t hurt us.

Lick should have had 2 TDs in 2 drives.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that we are arguing over two QB's playing pretty good and not two QB's playing terrible (Paxton and Trevor) Don't forget, lost in all of this argument... This is GOOD! :)

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 80 yard TD was great, but Hamler blew by the defenders so that one was a no brainer. He did hit it though so kudos to him. The one play I was more impressed with was a throw where I thought Lock showed great improvement on the second drive (I think) with a third and medium and there was slight pressure through the left guard but the pocket was still relatively clean (he was bumped right after he let go of the throw). He stayed in the pocket and delivered a nice ball in the middle of the field to pick up a first down. It wasn't anything spectacular, but showed real growth in his game. In prior years he bails on that play due to the appearance of pressure but in this play he waited knowing that while pressure was coming he had time to wait on his progressions.

Teddy was also pretty good, but he was mostly playing against future street free agents. To be fair Lock was playing against primarily second stringers as well, but guys who will be in the league come September.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the 80 yard bomb being something that as an NFL QB you have to make that throw... It is expected but let's also give some credit here on the pass. It was the first PS game of the year and let's face it for the past 5 years or so we haven't hit those 80 yard passes. Appreciate it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the 80 yard bomb being something that as an NFL QB you have to make that throw... It is expected but let's also give some credit here on the pass. It was the first PS game of the year and let's face it for the past 5 years or so we haven't hit those 80 yard passes. Appreciate it.
I liked Drew Lock's exaggerated follow through on the throw - as if to put a punctuation point on what he has been practicing.