• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It’s game day 2021! Wake up!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Surtain. Always fun to see the rookies in Bronco uniforms in action for the first time.
Always fun to see the rookies in the end zone for the first time...

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it’s preseason -but couldn’t have gone better.

Lock was impressive
Williams looked like a great combo of size, speed and vision
Hamler, so fast and good hands
Surtain, what can you say? Looked dominating
Stranad was all over the field. I can see him starting this year

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was after I posted this. I will admit he has looked better as the game has gone on.
I know. I was pointing out that he improved the next time in there. And to be fair, the first time he did throw a TD that was called back. I liked what I saw from Lock overall though.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s only the first week but I’d say Trinity Benson has a great shot.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trinity Benson continuing to impress. Four catches and two TDs now.

gunns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this on the NFL Network and they are broadcasting the Minnesota announcers. Kinda weird.
Funny, here NFLN is playing the Dallas-AZ game although it says it's suppose to be Den-Minn. It's on ABC here. And I don't live in Colorado. Do they blackout preseason games?

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did that here in Colorado for NFL Network because it's on local television, and I understand that, but not if you live somewhere else.

gunns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I was pointing out that he improved the next time in there. And to be fair, the first time he did throw a TD that was called back. I liked what I saw from Lock overall though.
True, but I think the QB battle is still on.

I know it was preseason and Minn did not play any of their starters but I was very pleased with the team today, especially some of the rookies. The only thing that looked slightly off was the rush defense. It's hard to truly tell in preseason.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up everybody! Nice performance from the Broncos today. Trinity Benson looks like a keeper. Loved the way Lock stepped up.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, didn't realize i was on the Bronc's board. Definitely early for me lol...
I'm gone for like 4 years and I come back and somehow you're in the very first thread I open.

brokeback mountain GIF

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely looks like Lock is more confident. Of course it helps that Wilkerson isn’t here trying to get him killed on every drop back anymore. Looking a lot more comfortable with Shurmur’s offense. Can’t wait to see more.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I think the QB battle is still on.

I know it was preseason and Minn did not play any of their starters but I was very pleased with the team today, especially some of the rookies. The only thing that looked slightly off was the rush defense. It's hard to truly tell in preseason.
Bridgewater was solid too. However, that 80 yarder from Lock to Hamler was a thing of beauty! Not sure we can get that from Bridgewater. I saw another deep pass to Jeudy in tight coverage that was just barely too far in front of the WR. If Lock is truly more confident in Shurmer's offense, I'd have to give him the slight advantage.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater was solid too. However, that 80 yarder from Lock to Hamler was a thing of beauty! Not sure we can get that from Bridgewater. I saw another deep pass to Jeudy in tight coverage that was just barely too far in front of the WR. If Lock is truly more confident in Shurmer's offense, I'd have to give him the slight advantage.

Absolutely, people complained all year that Shurmur kept calling deep shot after deep shot and Lock kept missing his receivers but assuming he’s fixed that and can actually complete some of those this is a whole new Offense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I found absolutely amazing in the game was how well the plays on offense were executed by the Broncos - considering 1st preseason game - and playing with a mixture of 1s and 2s to start. In fact, I believe this was the best offensive execution by a Bronco's team in the Fangio era - preseason or regular season.

The way these Broncos are executing the offense - at such a high level of efficiency really bodes well for the season.

While I have been a critic of the QB battle concept in splitting snaps - there was no downside effect of that showing up in this game. To the opposite - it looks like the Broncos 2nd string QB will also be in sync with the team. Kudos to the Broncos for pulling that off.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I found absolutely amazing in the game was how well the plays on offense were executed by the Broncos - considering 1st preseason game - and playing with a mixture of 1s and 2s to start. In fact, I believe this was the best offensive execution by a Bronco's team in the Fangio era - preseason or regular season.

The way these Broncos are executing the offense - at such a high level of efficiency really bodes well for the season.

While I have been a critic of the QB battle concept in splitting snaps - there was no downside effect of that showing up in this game. To the opposite - it looks like the Broncos 2nd string QB will also be in sync with the team. Kudos to the Broncos for pulling that off.
Amazing what going through an actual camp can do for a team. Let’s hope it’s not a mirage.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some others to mention:

Caden Sterns and PJ Lock both looked really good as potential replacements for Kareem Jackson. As @Draft Crazy pointed out on draft day Sterns could be a huge draft day value.

Jonathon Cooper was a beast - playing both OLB and ILB in the game.

Muti just plowed some Vikings early in the game.