• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the NFL manipulating games for profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, players are allowed to play, they are great athletes.No refs are on the take. They are simply carrying out the directions by the league and commissioner. And again, there is nothing dishonest about it. The entertainment business is carrying out what ever storyline gains the most profit and/or appeases a particular owner at a particular time.

Not to that extreme... In that case Seattle would NEVER win a Super Bowl ... Ever... And Green Bay in there little small town market would be frowned on..... Refs can impact the outcome of a games obviously, but I doubt it's by the league choosing... If anything it's by refs being paid off to lean one way or the other or just flat out blowing call's ... That's why refs have to be watched closely in any sport...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if steelers and 49ers face off in the sb in a battle for greatness.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Redskins fan you should know that Dallas has the biggest fan base and the Redskins had been the 2nd largest fan base. THe NFL's #1 money maker BY FAR are the Cowboys yet they lose in spectacular fashion in crucial games almost every year. If the fix was in the #1 money making team wouldnt have 1 playoff win in the last two decades. THe Redskins used to have the 2nd largest fan base (Dont know if its still true) and the NFLs #2 money maker fields a bad team for almost 3 decades now.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to that extreme... In that case Seattle would NEVER win a Super Bowl ... Ever... And Green Bay in there little small town market would be frowned on..... Refs can impact the outcome of a games obviously, but I doubt it's by the league choosing... If anything it's by refs being paid off to lean one way or the other or just flat out blowing call's ... That's why refs have to be watched closely in any sport...

you are right to a degree. Seattle has never....up until last year. So unless Russell becomes the next big thing they wont for a long time again.

man, talk about bias on your part. Its painfully obvious how much slack Seattle was given last year.
trust me, this year you are going to wonder why the heck they cant catch any breaks what so ever.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Redskins fan you should know that Dallas has the biggest fan base and the Redskins had been the 2nd largest fan base. THe NFL's #1 money maker BY FAR are the Cowboys yet they lose in spectacular fashion in crucial games almost every year. If the fix was in the #1 money making team wouldnt have 1 playoff win in the last two decades. THe Redskins used to have the 2nd largest fan base (Dont know if its still true) and the NFLs #2 money maker fields a bad team for almost 3 decades now.

they've been to 8 super bowls. You cant be that greedy. they had the 70s and 90s.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right to a degree. Seattle has never....up until last year. So unless Russell becomes the next big thing they wont for a long time again.

man, talk about bias on your part. Its painfully obvious how much slack Seattle was given last year.
trust me, this year you are going to wonder why the heck they cant catch any breaks what so ever.

How much slack they got? Now this "slack" is going away?

So, last year it was the NFL's agenda for Seattle to win, and this year it will be for them to lose?

You sound dumber every time you post.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my question is........If Goodell is having owners wacked, when is he going to get around to Jerry Jones? If he is killing off loser owners how do you explain Jeff Lurie? And if it's all true do you really want Congress involved.

Probably has something to do with the Eagles 10 winning seasons over the last 14 years. Or 5 NFC Championship Game and 1 Super Bowl appearance.

I'm not going to make a big fuss over Lurie because IMO he could have done more. He always seemed to go cheap when the window of opportunity was open. And I've long felt that he cares more about making money than actually winning a championship.

However, calling him a loser owner is a bit harsh. At bare minimum he puts an exciting product on the field that can generate wins and revenue.

Which should be enough to keep him off Roger Goodell's hit list.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would expect Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder to be safe for a long, long time considering the sizable net worth of their respective franchises.

It's all about the bottom line.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no point in arguing with this guy folks. He's made up his mind and that's that. Talking with people like him just makes you dumber. I suggest you all move on and leave this loon to his fantasies.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your talking like every team that wins a Super Bowl is set up by the league... Your incorrect... And what slack was Seattle given ? Seattle had the best defense statistically all year long and they had a great defense the year prior also when they beat your Skins on the road in the playoffs..... It was no fluke Seattle got it done... I think your making excuses ... I'm open to saying refs can be corrupt, but I'm not open to say the NFL is like the WWF ... That's going to far and insulting some great teams of the past and present...

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much slack they got? Now this "slack" is going away?

So, last year it was the NFL's agenda for Seattle to win, and this year it will be for them to lose?

You sound dumber every time you post.

just watch honey,just watch

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just watch honey,just watch

So you're taking the field to win the SB over the Seahawks? And that's going to prove you right if its true? Way to go out on a limb douchebag.

Last edited by a moderator:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your talking like every team that wins a Super Bowl is set up by the league... Your incorrect... And what slack was Seattle given ? Seattle had the best defense statistically all year long and they had a great defense the year prior also when they beat your Skins on the road in the playoffs..... It was no fluke Seattle got it done... I think your making excuses ... I'm open to saying refs can be corrupt, but I'm not open to say the NFL is like the WWF ... That's going to far and insulting some great teams of the past and present...

statistics in no way prove things weren't manipulated by refs. Again, players are allowed to play, players are good/great but what ever team the NFL wants to succeed they will make happen.

no one said anything about a fluke.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're taking the field to win the SB over the Seahawks? And that's going to prove you right if its true? Way to go out on a limb douchebag.

no sweetums , Im saying seattle will get no better than second place in their division and wont win a playoff game if they get one

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article is a joke. The shame is that the book "Interference" is worth reading and the author actually knows how to make a point. But there's nothing crooked about the NFL promoting a style of play that's the most appealing to a wider audience. The problem is when the rules aren't applied equally to every team. It sucks when you're a fan of the style that they're dropping like what's going on as a result of the concussions lawsuits but you can't blame a business for making decisions that they think will result in greater profits.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no sweetums , Im saying seattle will get no better than second place in their division and wont win a playoff game if they get one

OK. What does this have to do with you "everything is fixed" bs?

Nothing? That's what I thought.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbin makes me want to barf. I don't know what Carroll sees in him because he's less than mediocre.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. What does this have to do with you "everything is fixed" bs?

Nothing? That's what I thought.

everything. It means I'm telling you their future as decided by the league before it happens

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I am not saying every Superbowl is pre-scripted or fixed, I am saying that several games are fixed by Vegas, organized crime and the league each for the same reason.

What I find ridiculous is this, people can watch a million different angles on instant replay and see that the play was called wrong. Then, a professional who is trained to see the correct play can watch the same replays and he is going to get it wrong accidentally. So you are telling me that every dude on the couch with Tivo is a better ref than the guys getting paid to do it?

BTW- Do you realize you are in the vast minority on this?

Yes, because people have never been duped into believing things that were not true and people have never believed propaganda or done immoral things for money.

The Earth was once known to be flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.