• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the NFL manipulating games for profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it. I don't know if it's true or not, but if true I found things like the NFL is listed as entertainment rather than a sport in the same manner as the WWE interesting. As well as the way the teams were not individual.

Things likely happen, but I'm guessing for the most part it's legit and only some games get fixed in various ways.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the read Jackson....interesting to say the least, an open mind is required.

wonder when jerry gets his just dues :pound:

And 4 hours of your life. I'll wait for the cliffnotes

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its quite simple. Pay close attention to the NFL network and ESPN and nfl.com. What are the stories and themes they keep pounding at you through the year. What narrative keeps coming up? And how does it seem to magically manifest itself in the games. Watch the games with a better eye. how quickly do officials make calls. How many times are they calling stuff for one team or not calling anything. How often are they so close to the point spread or completely opposite because they know for a fact the direction all the bets went.
Pay attention to the fact that Seattle wont get as many calls this year.
notice that the SB is in Arizona. That means the Cardinals wont make the playoffs.
last year the Giants and Jets didn't make the playoffs..where was the Super Bowl?

isn't it interesting that bountygate caused the Saints to lose players and coaches the year the SB was played in New Orleans(all of that happened after having been to and winning their first SB ever- of course youll tell yourself that means nothing because the SB was in 2009). Isnt it just a little interesting that after the Cardinals new stadium hosts a SB for the first time in 2008, they end up appearing in their first SB ever the following year.
How many coincidences do you need before you stop covering your ears and shouting theres no proof ! While it is in fact not as random and impartial as you want it to be.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL conspiracy theories are such a joke. I can't imagine what goes through your head when it come to politics (please don't share because I don't care). You must be one paranoid dude.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL conspiracy theories are such a joke. I can't imagine what goes through your head when it come to politics (please don't share because I don't care). You must be one paranoid dude.

What a dumbass :L

I gave you the challenge to pay close attention to the upcoming season.
You guys are admitting you are so indoctrinated that the obvious passes you by.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its quite simple. Pay close attention to the NFL network and ESPN and nfl.com. What are the stories and themes they keep pounding at you through the year. What narrative keeps coming up? And how does it seem to magically manifest itself in the games. Watch the games with a better eye. how quickly do officials make calls. How many times are they calling stuff for one team or not calling anything. How often are they so close to the point spread or completely opposite because they know for a fact the direction all the bets went.
Pay attention to the fact that Seattle wont get as many calls this year.
notice that the SB is in Arizona. That means the Cardinals wont make the playoffs.
last year the Giants and Jets didn't make the playoffs..where was the Super Bowl?

isn't it interesting that bountygate caused the Saints to lose players and coaches the year the SB was played in New Orleans(all of that happened after having been to and winning their first SB ever- of course youll tell yourself that means nothing because the SB was in 2009). Isnt it just a little interesting that after the Cardinals new stadium hosts a SB for the first time in 2008, they end up appearing in their first SB ever the following year.
How many coincidences do you need before you stop covering your ears and shouting theres no proof ! While it is in fact not as random and impartial as you want it to be.

In 1998, the Super Bowl was played in Miami. That season, the Dolphins made the playoffs and even made it to the second round, before they were beaten by the eventual Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos.

Theory: DISPROVEN!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram I just put foil on my head too and one game comes to mind. It was a fix not by the NFL but by a coach. Miami was a 10 point fav and were up 8 with 35 seconds to go, had possesion and other team had 0 timeouts, so they knee the ball and game is over. First down, they rush to say the 33 yard line of opposing team. Jimmy Johnson calls a t/o. Field goal kicker comes out to make it an 11 point lead, but he shanks it and Miami only win by 8 and dont cover spread. So either JJ bet big on his own team, or mob told him too because too much action on the underdog

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1998, the Super Bowl was played in Miami. That season, the Dolphins made the playoffs and even made it to the second round, before they were beaten by the eventual Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos.

Theory: DISPROVEN!

no it isn't. They in fact did not make it to the Super Bowl. Do you understand that very basic ingredient ?

whether they made the playoffs is unimportant. The home team has to make it to a SB for that to change.THEORY IN FACT NOT DISPROVEN.

I did basically mean Super bowl. No home team as ever been to a SB. in their very own stadium and its obvious the league manipulates this happening. Yet 2 brother can coach a SB at the same time when one was only a coach for 2 years and yet you buy it like so much random chance and luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games get fixed and will continue to get fixed because people have the ultimate weapon against it, denial.

I always knew Vegas and other syndicates fix games but it wasn't until watching the NBA I realized the leagues themselves fix games and even series' in the NBA.

BTW OP, agree with every thing you said.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paranoid is a word used by people in denial.

*How many times would your wife have to come home smelling like condoms with extra spending money for you to consider that she is literally a whore? How many men would have to tell you that they paid her for sex before you would consider that she is a whore? My guess is once, to both.

Why do sports get a pass?

People will not even consider that games get fixed. I guess being in denial is easier than watching cable.

*I know significant others should be off limits but the metaphor is too spot on.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it isn't. They in fact did not make it to the Super Bowl. Do you understand that very basic ingredient ?

whether they made the playoffs is unimportant. The home team has to make it to a SB for that to change.THEORY IN FACT NOT DISPROVEN.

Really? Then why did you say this?

Seems to me like you've moved the goalposts.

I did basically mean Super bowl. No home team as ever been to a SB. in their very own stadium and its obvious the league manipulates this happening. Yet 2 brother can coach a SB at the same time when one was only a coach for 2 years and yet you buy it like so much random chance and luck.

You do realize it's just really hard to make the Super Bowl, right? Could it be that maybe, just maybe, the reason that the host city hasn't made the Super Bowl is they weren't good enough that year? :noidea:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize it's just really hard to make the Super Bowl, right? Could it be that maybe, just maybe, the reason that the host city hasn't made the Super Bowl is they weren't good enough that year? :noidea:

its by design. The Saints were good enough and were thrown to the side because of some stupid accusation about something all teams do anyway. The Giants have a winning 2 SBs reputation and become worse than dirt at the right time.

again..yep its really hard to make a SB but 2 brothers go head to after ones only been around 2 years, easy peasy. It just means the public is dumb enough to buy anything.

there is no profit in hometown fans at a SB.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paranoid is a word used by people in denial.

*How many times would your wife have to come home smelling like condoms with extra spending money for you to consider that she is literally a whore? How many men would have to tell you that they paid her for sex before you would consider that she is a whore? My guess is once, to both.

Why do sports get a pass?

People will not even consider that games get fixed. I guess being in denial is easier than watching cable.

*I know significant others should be off limits but the metaphor is too spot on.
You and ram should get together for a beer sometime. This is such a stupid, off point metaphor it's not even worth responding to.

BTW- Do you realize you are in the vast minority on this?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on man! You know better. There's no way this is true. Do you know how far fetched that sounds? :laugh3:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you the challenge to pay close attention to the upcoming season.
You guys are admitting you are so indoctrinated that the obvious passes you by.

Anyone can slap together a conspiracy theory after the fact. Why did the Hawks win the SB last year ? With all due respect to all of the little Hawks fans, nobody else gives a shit about the Hawks.. of defense ftm. If the Broncos had won, then that would have been a conspiracy to give the most popular player on the planet another SB (and would have made a hell of a lot more sense from a conspiracy standpoint). But seeing as this is all so obvious to you, please share with us who the conspirator's favorites are this year so we all can make some money. :noidea:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can slap together a conspiracy theory after the fact. Why did the Hawks win the SB last year ? With all due respect to all of the little Hawks fans, nobody else gives a shit about the Hawks.. of defense ftm. If the Broncos had won, then that would have been a conspiracy to give the most popular player on the planet another SB (and would have made a hell of a lot more sense from a conspiracy standpoint). But seeing as this is all so obvious to you, please share with us who the conspirator's favorites are this year so we all can make some money. :noidea:
This is exactly right. Dumbfuck conspiracy theorists see things through blinders. They completely disregard all of the obvious things that disprove their little paradigm and use arguments like "____ has never happened which is proof of ____."

Again, what a dumbass :L

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its by design. The Saints were good enough and were thrown to the side because of some stupid accusation about something all teams do anyway. The Giants have a winning 2 SBs reputation and become worse than dirt at the right time.

again..yep its really hard to make a SB but 2 brothers go head to after ones only been around 2 years, easy peasy. It just means the public is dumb enough to buy anything.

there is no profit in hometown fans at a SB.

All 3 of those SBs (NO & NY) were won on key plays that could have just as easily gone the other way, it was decided on the field, not by officiating.

I do believe that games are fixed in every sport every year. And that SD-Pit game could defenitely be a case of this. But this idea that its all scripted is bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.