• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the DudeofWV legit?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, literally nobody has called or taken a call from Charlottesville.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. UVa leaders always seem to be lagging behind when thinking about the future. If this wasn't football driven, I feel UVa would be very attractive to a conference looking to expand. UVa is one of the top revenue producing schools in the nation over the past 5 years, just behind FSU.

USA TODAY: College Athletics Finances

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville with $87 mil in revenue. WTF. Papa Johns must be forking over serious cash.

They also have $82 mil in expenses. WTF could Louisville be spending that on??

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville with $87 mil in revenue. WTF. Papa Johns must be forking over serious cash.

They also have $82 mil in expenses. WTF could Louisville be spending that on??

Actually KFC is the one forking over the cash here lately. They just opened the new KFC Yum! Center where they play basketball.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And I couldn't be happier. Seriously owning them for 13 years or whatever it is isn't enough. I'd love for them to just abandon football altogether and be the only one in the state.

So, if they just wait it out, can they just collect the buyout from everyone else as they leave? Hell, they could play regional, lower-revenue girly sports and frolic all over the lawn to their little hearts' content!

Atlantic Cavaliers Conference, where Hoos are undefeated every year in everything, because no other conference wants curling and synchronized swimming.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again....

David Teel ‏@DavidTeelatDP
#Hokies AD Jim Weaver said this afternoon that he has not discussed conference options with anyone.

Weaver: "We believe the (#ACC) is very stable and we believe in the leadership of the conference."

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again....

#Hokies AD Jim Weaver said this afternoon that he has not discussed conference options with anyone.

Weaver: "We believe the (#ACC) is very stable and we believe in the leadership of the conference."

See the resemblance?

Pinocchio1.jpg

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again....

one of the most absurd quotes i've ever seen. ACC and "very stable" in the same sentence? wtf?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord I hope Weaver is just throwing a smoke screen out there.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expansion news, be it FSU & the BIG12 or anybody else, has seemed to go quiet.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh stable as in 2 of the biggest football schools in the conference want to get the hell out leaving it as the 6th best football conference or worse, THAT kind of stable. I see what he's saying now

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go check the key play. Posted an article. Link on there to convo between feinbaum and espn's Chris low. We are going to #GodsConference !!!!!!! Assuming this comes true, this will be what our family will be most thankful for when we gather around the table on thanksgiving.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go check the key play. Posted an article. Link on there to convo between feinbaum and espn's Chris low. We are going to #GodsConference !!!!!!! Assuming this comes true, this will be what our family will be most thankful for when we gather around the table on thanksgiving.

Well if Finebaum and TKP are saying it it must be true :L

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These parts concern me......

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forty six will fight #GodsConference till the last minute bc he is a union sympathizer, really likes boring football, and enjoys cold weather.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no greater blessing in the world than joining #GodsConference forty six!!!